Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    4* team of Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Hellcat. I used it and its just pure fun for me. Downsides: Not good agaist speciall tiles removers/steallers and is a bit slow at start. But definetly worth using.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apoca-Bish-Styrio, if you have the health to revive Bishop between matches, is very effective. You’ll be swimming in yellow passively after turn 2, so make sure you are actively chasing red. Mysterio has a passive stun on that AP conversion, Which I’d forgotten about. Anyway, fun alterna-team if you want to mess around with it. I also attempted Hawkeye/Mysterio/Apocalypse, but it didn’t work nearly as well since it takes too much active jump starting.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    Apoca-Bish-Styrio, if you have the health to revive Bishop between matches, is very effective. You’ll be swimming in yellow passively after turn 2, so make sure you are actively chasing red. Mysterio has a passive stun on that AP conversion, Which I’d forgotten about. Anyway, fun alterna-team if you want to mess around with it. I also attempted Hawkeye/Mysterio/Apocalypse, but it didn’t work nearly as well since it takes too much active jump starting.
    Yup-highly effective
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Onslaught, 4* Professor X, 3* Black Widow. It's a modern twist on charlie's angels. While it can take a bit longer to get started, I have pulled first turn kills quite a number of times if there is a match-4 with lucky cascades on the opening board.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Is 3* Widow even a factor on that team? Seems like a passive color changer like Domino would be better as a third if you’re already getting turn 1 wins and chasing cascades.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2020
    Is 3* Widow even a factor on that team? Seems like a passive color changer like Domino would be better as a third if you’re already getting turn 1 wins and chasing cascades.
    After the initial mayhem the team plays like charlie's angels for me. Make match-5s if possible, otherwise make them with widow's purple. Repeat. Optional: use Onslaught's blue to make match-5s.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    I saw a thread in Reddit about winfinite team of Polaris, BRB and Th4nos. I tried it in the last day of shield training and indeed, it is winfinite. I think this could help 4* players to finish some pick-3 nodes in SCL 10 more easily if they have BRB at the right cover.

I decided to also replace Th4nos with 2* Storm and it works equally well. I think 2* Storm is slightly helpful because she helps you to gain TU aps, so the matches won't drag for too long.

Edit: I tried with 3* Storm and she works as well. 5* Storm doesn't seem to work too well because your max green ap will be 20 instead of 30 after you use her green power. X-Force Wolverine works too. 

I think as long as it's a 10-12 ap green or blue power that can destroy 25% of the board, they should be able to replace Th4nos.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    I have no Th4nos, but 3Storm did get me to a winfinite in under 10 turns.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    I saw a thread in Reddit about winfinite team of Polaris, BRB and Th4nos. I tried it in the last day of shield training and indeed, it is winfinite. I think this could help 4* players to finish some pick-3 nodes in SCL 10 more easily if they have BRB at the right cover.

I decided to also replace Th4nos with 2* Storm and it works equally well. I think 2* Storm is slightly helpful because she helps you to gain TU aps, so the matches won't drag for too long.

Edit: I tried with 3* Storm and she works as well. 5* Storm doesn't seem to work too well because your max green ap will be 20 instead of 30 after you use her green power. X-Force Wolverine works too. 

I think as long as it's a 10-12 ap green or blue power that can destroy 25% of the board, they should be able to replace Th4nos.
    Namor finally gets his moment in the sun.

Edit: Nope, not even with his support at 4*
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    After the initial mayhem the team plays like charlie's angels for me. Make match-5s if possible, otherwise make them with widow's purple. Repeat. Optional: use Onslaught's blue to make match-5s.
    Oh my bad, i misread you were running 4* X instead of Profe$$or X. I don't have Onslaught covered in such a way he can do his thing on a match-4, but once I get him there I'll try it with Domino and see what it does.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    My current fun team (if only for Fight for Wakanda) is my boosted-to-567 Daredevil, Kitty, and Polaris. A tank with a passive true heal, special tile steals and overwrites, stuns in two colors, bonus damage versus stunned opponents. Not quick, but a lot of fun :)
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2020
    What happens when you put two of the worst 4* characters together and sprinkle some Magik on them? You get a machine churning out cheap powers, match-4/5 and passive stuns regularly. And they are Bishop, Mysterio and Magik.

Ideally, your Bishop is the highest levelled character so that he can tank more colours. Go for blue and yellow first. Once you have 8 blue ap, Mysterio will convert 5 of them to yellow ap. If you have 9 blue ap, he will stun a random opponent for 2 turns as well. Fire Mysterio's yellow power everytime you have 6 yellow ap. Each time you fire a power, Magik will fortify and buff the existing protect tiles, and then create two more protect tiles.

After you fire Mysterio's yellow power, try to match yellow tiles so that you will get purple ap instead. Once you have 7 purple ap, fire Mysterio's purple power and he will lay 5 blue trap tiles that deals damage.

Once there are 6 protect tiles on the board, Bishop will convert two protect tiles and 5 basic tiles to blue. When you are spamming power every turn and the opponents are getting stunned, it's a guaranteed win.  Also, because Bishop is putting protect tiles while he's in front and Magik is also creating protecting tiles and buffing special tiles, you will realise that you are taking 1 damage.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Polaris/ Rockjaw (5yellow) eventually you take zero damage for the remainder of the battle . Use a 5 to tank until the friendly tiles cover half the board in about 10 moves 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Polaris/ Rockjaw (5yellow) eventually you take zero damage for the remainder of the battle . Use a 5 to tank until the friendly tiles cover half the board in about 10 moves 
    I just tried this on the Rescue/IM40/War Machine challenge node in SCL10, and Rescue handled that situation for me real quick by turning the entire board yellow and sweeping it away lol
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I enjoyed using Venom with BRB and Polaris when he was buffed. It was winfinate. Never thought I would like using Venom, ever.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Getting my Heimdall to 4 blue , now figuring out best teams with Vulture and Iceman or Polaris . Drop Vulture to 4AP black for takeoff use the 3rd on blue . Infinite airborne / stun lock once you get two blue and 1 black match 
  • HoundofShadow
    I think Nico Minoru is quite underrated, and often overshadowed by Kitty Pryde, which shouldn't be strange. 

As a 4* player who played in the PvE in SCL 10 before the last alliance event, I was teaming her with Polaris and R4G/BRB with good effect. However, I would like to focus on BRB/Polaris/Nico.

I was taking 1 damage in the challenge node within a few turns because Nico was boosting protect tiles by 50% every turn, along with Polaris flooding the board with protect tiles. 

Note: I didn't notice if Nico will buff protect tiles twice, once via 50% buff, followed by her hard number buff.

If you are a 4* player and you don't have a usable Kitty, champed Nico can be a really good alternative.

Important note: Protect tiles have zero effect on Nico, so any AoE or random attacks will down her in SCL 10. 

They are not fast, but they helped me to clear 4 clears in Challenge Node.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently champed Okoye (I know, she's been around for some time but RNG) and I'm trying out her Wakanda forever TU enhanced damage with other heroes. I noticed that Peggy was boosted and she is my highest levelled 4* and has solid gear. Slowing down enemies, a relatively cheap red that hits like a truck. Team up with 5* Strange and watch the goons melt like butter.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    I recently champed Okoye (I know, she's been around for some time but RNG) and I'm trying out her Wakanda forever TU enhanced damage with other heroes. I noticed that Peggy was boosted and she is my highest levelled 4* and has solid gear. Slowing down enemies, a relatively cheap red that hits like a truck. Team up with 5* Strange and watch the goons melt like butter.
    Teaming Peggy with Strange is a bit counterproductive.  Peggy slows down power usage, but you want the enemy to be using powers if you have Strange on your team.