Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Thanks to the latest addition of AIM goons, specifically AIM Force, Domino and Maria Hill have a new teammate: 5* Captain Marvel.

You gain 2 yellow ap for every friendly strike tile destroyed and C5rol feeds Domino's green power. While C5rol can't prevent Maria Hill from having her HP reduced by 90%, she can throw her up the air and freeze her CDs for two turns. You can have the time to match blue and green tiles and keep repeating this process.

1) spam Maria Hill's black power
    2) throw her up the air using C5rol's yellow to freeze her cds for two turns
    3) look for blue/green tiles
    4) destroy 23% of the board with Domino's green
    5) once Maria Hill lands, spam her black power

optional: destroys black tiles using Domino's red if you are low on yellow ap. 

Because AIM Force are destroying your strike tiles every turn, and it's easy to spam the board with strike tiles, you will see yourself gaining lots of yellow aps.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Peggy Carter
    Yelena Belova
    Kitty

Get some protects out to shut down match damage. It ain't fast but gets the job done against enemies who rely on active powers.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Didn't even realise Luke C4ge and W4sp works a charm against the mindless ones. Every time they fire a power you get protects, and they fire almost every turn from turn 3. You don't need that many yellow to flip them to attack with W4sp and when that happens you should be doing crazy damage with each match. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    peterdark said:
    Didn't even realise Luke C4ge and W4sp works a charm against the mindless ones. Every time they fire a power you get protects, and they fire almost every turn from turn 3. You don't need that many yellow to flip them to attack with W4sp and when that happens you should be doing crazy damage with each match. 
    Yes, a good one. Though Wasp alters between protect and strikes, not attacks. Add Kitty and you have guaranteed mayhem against all kinds of goons.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    peterdark said:
    Yes, a good one. Though Wasp alters between protect and strikes, not attacks. Add Kitty and you have guaranteed mayhem against all kinds of goons.

Downside of that team is that Luk4 only do protect on black tiles. So... bring Domino. ^_^ Just for fun.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Against the Mindless Ones, my current favorite team is Quake (x/5/x--I usually run her 5/5/3), 3* Dr Strange (5/3/5) and either Ghost (3/5/5) (if you have the Quantum Realm support and/or she's boosted) or Hawk-Guy with 5 on black.  In either case, Quake provides a green outlet, solid board shake & targeted removal off of blue, plus negating part-to-all of their green countdown damage.

With Ghost, she'll likely take early damage against attack tiles because of the colors she tanks, but when Strange fires his yellow, the support will give Ghost a chance to go invisible for free off the healing.  Once invisible, her red damage goes up more than 100% and her purple frees up for Strange if any special tiles are troublesome or for additional Ghost invisibility tiles if you need to true heal Ghost or generate red off the countdown.

With Hawk-Guy, his black generates significant purple & blue for both himself and Strange.  Hawk-Guy's purple boosts Strange's yellow.  His arrows take some practice to get used to, but are effective for stun, damage, special tile creation and more.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    For goon nodes I’ve been taking Peggy/Yelena/Apoc, while not the fastest team it is very effective. 

Obvious strategy is to let Peggy/Yelena their thing while getting Apoc yellow and red. If you happen to get stuck with green or blue matches you have a nice outlet for them too. Purple goes to waste unfortunately.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2020
    I just tried Mockinbird/Black Widow 4*/Gwenpool. I am satisfied. I mean I did not expected much but the team can dish some nasty damage while protecting yourself at the same time!.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Falcap, Vulture, Cloak and Dagger are quite fun together. The issue with Falcap’s powers is they are expensive and the reliance to the presence of yellow tiles on the board. This is resolved by the other characters who make yellow tiles and generate red AP for him.

Thanks for this one! I ran them while farming Retals in CAS, and even took out a couple of 5* teams with them.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks to Anon for recommending Okoye/2099/Domino. It's not as fast as Thorkoye/2099, but it's more sustainable, and I don't have to mess around getting Thor below half health first.
    Also, I found Kitty/BRB/Yelena to be very effective at taking on the Scotland Yard Challenge Node. All the enemy powers except Venom's purple are above the threshold for Yelena's red, so she keeps them in check pretty well. Kitty's red considers Juggy's Collateral to be Power Damage, so when you have that out, you're getting 12+ attac tiles per turn. And Juggy's damage reduction doesn't work on the damage from those! Bill does his thing, spams protecs (again, they trigger off each hit from Collateral, so 4+ per turn, and pretty quickly you're only taking 1 damage per hit), smashes people, and calls in orbital bombardments.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was struggling on that node as well, but boosted Quake shuts that juggernaut damage right down as well. So I wrapped her in Thorkoye and sorted it out fairly painlessly
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    My new favorite team is Kitty/OML/Valkyrie.

My Kitty is highest, so Yellow is my strongest colour. after a couple of turns I should be getting 4 yellow AP every turn. now all I need is black to trigger OMLs transformation. so much yellow means I can use it 4 or more times all at once - with Boosted strikes on the board too it's usually a bloodbath.

• peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    qandols said:
    peterdark said:
    haha, I always get attacks mixed up with strikes :)
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    For the 2-star Deadpool Daily's nodes my current favorite team is OBW, Storm, and Thor.

OBW has an AP steal both from her Purple, and from Espionage.
    Storm has the Stun and her AOE.
    Thor is a big tank, can use Red and Yellow, and has his Green AOE.

Black is the only color this team cannot use, but OBW still deals 333 damage when she matches Black (3 x 57, plus 162 from Espionage) so Black matches still have their use.

Espionage damage is also dealt after the match damage, so if you down one opponent with match damage, the next opponent gets hit by Espionage.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @JSP869

If I use OBW in DDQ and I have a choice of teammates, I always find myself using her w/ Wolverine & Daken. The double dip, proliferation of strike tiles and nukes just seem to work really well together.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2020
    Just did battle SCL10 Green node: KingPin 5*, The Hood and a Thug, all lvl 500+
    with Vulture 4* champion and an underdeveloped iHulk, lvl 271, one red and one black cover. I have seen iHulk downed at least a hundred times to return again.
    As third char I used Domino to kick start Black for Vulture. FUN! To take down with 5k damage per round....lol
    question, which third would fit better?
    Phoenix? Dies when countdown is gone, or Loki 5^, could return with trap tile....all healers, Kamala  Khan, Wolverine, Daken 3*, all suffer from the 2k Hulk damage...any other suggestions? Or is Domino best for this duo?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    111MCH111 said:
    with Vulture 4* champion and an underdeveloped iHulk, lvl 271, one red and one black cover. I have seen iHulk downed at least a hundred times to return again.
    As third char I used Domino to kick start Black for Vulture. FUN! To take down with 5k damage per round....lol
    Phoenix? Dies when countdown is gone, or Loki 5^, could return with trap tile....all healers, Kamala  Khan, Wolverine, Daken 3*, all suffer from the 2k Hulk damage...any other suggestions? Or is Domino best for this duo?
    Cloak and Dagger.  They can heal, have a cheap purple, and can also put black tiles on the board to help fuel Vulture.  Assuming iHulk isn't boosted, they can survive a good number of his resurrections, and keep Vulture airborne.

The team I've been using with iHulk is Okoye (duh) and a third of 5-star Daredevil.  They can both heal up from iHulk's damage, and Daredevil's strikes combined with Okoye's passive makes iHulk's passive even more effective.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2020
    111MCH111 said:
    Cloak and Dagger.  They can heal, have a cheap purple, and can also put black tiles on the board to help fuel Vulture.  Assuming iHulk isn't boosted, they can survive a good number of his resurrections, and keep Vulture airborne.

😎

Indeed, very helpful, thank you. The team Vulter, iHulk and Cloak & Dagger work perfectly.  By the time C&D is downed, plenty Black AP is made available.

in current PVE event I have completed 10 times a Green node SCL10. So with this team the Lvl 530+ opponents Are (slowly) destroyed....iHulk keeps reviving....lol 😜
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Im guessing it’s already covered in these pages, okoye (with talon fighter/Valkyrie/IHulk.  IHulk passive boosted by Okoye passive triggers Valkyrie passive to generate yellow AP almost every turn.  So Okoye tanks everything but can heal every 1-2 turns while generating more TU tiles, which in turn cause IHulk passive to hit even harder.  It snowballs really fast into crazy team damage with little or no health lost. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2020
    but valkyrie generates black or green, depending on ihulks or okoyes level, what am I missing?

edit - it's the support, right?