Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• SupremeChefGio
    SupremeChefGio Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Having a blast in House of X with an all-5* X-Men theme team. 

Jean Grey/ Storm/ Havok

- Full rainbow with green having the weakest powers but the most options (all three have outlets if Jean transforms). 

- Jean’s purple, Storm’s yellow, and Havok’s blue can all fuel Havok’s red nuke

- Havok’s red nuke adds charged tiles to the board for Storm

- Tons of chaos and board shake with the tile converting and Storm blowing up the board. Lots of fun when every AP you earn has an outlet. 
    How does that fair well with the current overused metas, Thorkoye, BRB-Kitty, and so on? Seems like a fun team to use.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was running the X-Men batch from last year, X/5torm/Iceman. It is very winnable, but health intensive.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve mostly been skipping them (harder and harder to do), just to save on packs since I’m playing for wins. I know Havok is decent against Bill from past experience, since his best power ignores protects. Like RW said, they can PROBABLY win. But it’ll cost you. 
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Glockoma said:
    Though about Black cat too, but a 1-turn airborne puts her back in harm’s way again. Stunning is nice, but we are trying to avoid iHulk’s damage not the opponent. 
    Bit late on this but I use Karolina and vulture. Get Vulture up and he'll generate blue for Karolina and then she can go airborne. Then it's just a case of getting enough black to keep it going. If either get wiped the other only needs a small amount of ap to keep them in the air. Plus it's actually the only use I've found for Karolina.

Obviously the only downside is that you lose a turn if you fire iHulk's red (and down's himself) as the other two are up in the air so ends the turn. 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    peterdark said:
    Glockoma said:
    Though about Black cat too, but a 1-turn airborne puts her back in harm’s way again. Stunning is nice, but we are trying to avoid iHulk’s damage not the opponent. 
    Bit late on this but I use Karolina and vulture. Get Vulture up and he'll generate blue for Karolina and then she can go airborne. Then it's just a case of getting enough black to keep it going. If either get wiped the other only needs a small amount of ap to keep them in the air. Plus it's actually the only use I've found for Karolina.

Obviously the only downside is that you lose a turn if you fire iHulk's red (and down's himself) as the other two are up in the air so ends the turn. 
    Exactly.
  • Glockoma
    OJSP said:
    Glockoma said:
    Exactly.
    Is that the answer for your SHIELD Sim team then? You've mentioned that team before in Hulk's thread, so I thought it would be a different one. :)
    Not my sim team lol, but ty for remembering. I’m surprised no one in here has run into my team and posted here. I don’t want to give it away myself. I want to ride the wave of blue defensive wins as long as I can!
  • Glockoma
    Too bad. But of the instances where I have lost a match, they are your typical teams that have found me (BRB, kitty, Bishop, rocket and Groot, Professor X, etc.) 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    My support enhanced Apocalypse event beating team:

4* Deadpool 5/3/5 with 4* Shuri's Lab
    4* Jean Grey 5/3/5 with 3* Black Widow's Batons
    3* Switch 3/5/5 with 3* Quantum Realm

Chase Red, then Purple, then Green.

All three are boosted. Shuri's Lab gives Deadpool a 34% chance to get 2 extra Red with every Red match. Black Widow's Batons are there to keep Purple the strongest color, which will be your easiest to fill given Switch's battery and the Quantum Realm support that gives a 47% chance to start off with 5 Purple already in the bank.

You have two win conditions:
    1) Gather enough AP to one shot Poccy. Up to round 6, I can do this with Deadpool's Red by itself. As Poccy's HP pool gets bigger, with enough Purple, Green, and Red I can trigger multiple powers to down him. Chasing Red is both offensive and defensive as it's the only active power color Poccy has, making chasing it a double win.
    2) Gather enough purple to remove the AP horseman tile, then fire Jean Grey's Purple to take out all Poccy's attack tiles and any black CDs laying around. Switch's Green can help destroy the resultant black CD if you don't have enough Purple to fire it again or can't match it away.

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @Glockoma

Well, not a lot of flyers left, so either Maria is avoiding the damage when invis (since you mentioned blue), a resurrection (Loki/Phoenix) or somebody you want to get hit (DD/Thor). 

Seems to me the best options there are Phoenix or Matt. OML maybe?
  • Glockoma
    krakenoon said:
    @Glockoma

Well, not a lot of flyers left, so either Maria is avoiding the damage when invis (since you mentioned blue), a resurrection (Loki/Phoenix) or somebody you want to get hit (DD/Thor). 

Seems to me the best options there are Phoenix or Matt. OML maybe?
    Love the guesses, but no Maria, as Invisible folks cannot avoid team damage. Revenants (revivers) are also not apart of the formula ;) 

*hint* there is a niche mechanic that does bring the value to this team to go winfinite.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I have tried semi-winfinite team involving 5*BRB, Magik and 3*Storm or XFW both in normal PVP (especially against 4*Jugg) and in Apocalypse alliance pve. By using 3*Storm's green whenever she destroy protect tiles on the board, the team not only get AP from the tiles destroyed but also gather blue and green AP to repeat the process, however her black placing so many attack tiles will hinder the process. WIth XFW green which is cheaper so he activate MAgik's passive more frequently. His black and yellow also help destroy tiles thus all his attacks help the prcoess of destroying tiles.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I’m finding the new Hulkoye incredibly powerful, especially on an initially green heavy board . I’m still wondering who is the best third member . They will have to be fast or passive since the matches can be over in as little as 3 or 4 turns. 
  • Glockoma
    Awesome; hopefully it was iHulk, vulture, and the mystery third as I have been trying out combos of Apocalypse as well.

I actually went back to iHulk as I was taking on a lot of defensive losses after bring my newly champed Apoc out! He is definitely no Gambit and can be countered in several ways. 

He actually takes a little while to get going...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honor among thieves. I had nearly forgotten just how good America is. I use her, Juggs and 5* Strange and the stupid slobbering dummies just melts away. Fun times!
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    My highest character is level 290 but with this four star boost list had to try SCL10 for HAT.  Chavez, Karnak and St4rlord are wrecking the goons, especially the wave node.  Drowning in AP and cheaper powers for Karnak.  Sitting on 30AP of every colour, if they put a tile that will generate specials somewhere I can't match it fire Karnak blue until you eitehr get lucky or down the offending character, and a few turns later you're back at 30 AP.
    With regards to the event rather than the team, I haven't found an answer for the challenge node with Carnage, and the Mindless ones to come may be tougher than the symbiotes, but looking good for full progression so far.
  • Glockoma
    OJSP said:
    Glockoma said:
    Awesome; hopefully it was iHulk, vulture, and the mystery third as I have been trying out combos of Apocalypse as well.
    I see. That team works and should still be visible as your defensive team after using 3 5*s. I found your Apocalypse team before, but it could be because they were the last team you used at the time. I retalled with Peggy, Carol, Bishop. Bigger iHulks will be painful.
    Yeah I found you on simulator. Feel free to reach out to me on LINE if you’d like to discuss further!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    Glockoma said:
    Yeah I found you on simulator. Feel free to reach out to me on LINE if you’d like to discuss further!
    I don't use LINE anymore.
    So you're offLine
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glockoma said:
    OJSP said:
    Glockoma said:
    I see. That team works and should still be visible as your defensive team after using 3 5*s. I found your Apocalypse team before, but it could be because they were the last team you used at the time. I retalled with Peggy, Carol, Bishop. Bigger iHulks will be painful.
    Or... OR, we can discuss it here, given that it’s an interesting/fun teams thread, and I’m interested in fun teams involving IHulk (since I ideally plan to champ him before he leaves Latests). 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dunno, could it be Nightcrawler? I don't know if he triggers on iHulks resurrect team damage? (Now that I think about it, probably not as passives don't trigger passives usually?)
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Pretty sure it’s a 4* with true heals.