Marvel Puzzle Quest R198 Release Notes (3/16/20)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,317 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    This reminds me of immortal hulk. Maybe bc I just picked up the comic but that's the first thing that came to my head. 
    That could also fit in with "you ain’t green nothing yet!".
    What about the Indelible Hulk?  Do NOT let him sit on your sofa.
  • Dhaunas
    Dhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'm thinking Immortal Hulk now, for sure, after jamesh pointed out the "you ain't green nothing yet!" line... that had totally gone over my head. Combined with "Mostly come out at night... mostly" line, since Immortal Hulk manifests after sunset.

Still would have preferred they just fixed Banner, but a good 5* hulk is a great addition, nonetheless
  • Me929
    Me929 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am going to say a 4 or 5 star Magneto.
    in addition to an Aliens reference, it is also a South Park reference, as stated by Eric Cartman. Eric to Erik to Magneto.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the subject of the actual game update, I'm not loving the lowered contrast the favourite and non-favourite states of the shard meter on the roster screen.  There's not much difference in the shade of purple/yellow/blue between the two states.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    LakeStone said:

Here are the Release Notes for R198.

“Mostly come out at night…mostly”

Abilities (with PG names.)

"Get away from her" - Creates yellow protect tiles.

"Go back to the ship." - Creates a countdown tile. When it reaches zero, blow up the board and does massive damage to the enemy team, nuking them from orbit.

"It's a bug hunt." - Like Jessica Jones's trap creation.

Nah, more like:
    • Blue: "I got signals. I got readings, in front and behind." - Removes enemy Protect and Invisibility tiles.
    • Red: "Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this?" - Damages random enemies
    • Black: "Game over, man. Game over!" - Provides alternate screen after losing a match or retreating
    5* Private Hudson FTW!

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I mean, the obvious one is vampires.

the mostly come out at night. yknow,  unless you're 1 or 2 specific vamps.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone said:

Here are the Release Notes for R198.

“Mostly come out at night…mostly”

Abilities (with PG names.)

"Get away from her" - Creates yellow protect tiles.

"Go back to the ship." - Creates a countdown tile. When it reaches zero, blow up the board and does massive damage to the enemy team, nuking them from orbit.

"It's a bug hunt." - Like Jessica Jones's trap creation.

Nah, more like:
    • Blue: "I got signals. I got readings, in front and behind." - Removes enemy Protect and Invisibility tiles.
    • Red: "Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this?" - Damages random enemies
    • Black: "Game over, man. Game over!" - Provides alternate screen after losing a match or retreating
    5* Private Hudson FTW!

Oooohhh...not Hudson, but another character that Bill Paxton played.  One that was actually in the MCU.

5-star John Garrett confirmed!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    jamesh said:
    This reminds me of immortal hulk. Maybe bc I just picked up the comic but that's the first thing that came to my head. 
    Maybe it's because I'm waiting for my breakfast to get ready, but did anyone else read this as "Inedible Hulk" and get really, really confused?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we talk about how all the fonts continue to get smaller over time?  Maybe I'm having my "get off my lawn" old man moment, but dang, I can't read any text in this game anymore without having to bust out my reading glasses.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don’t know if this was intended but I can no longer pause the game on the AI turn and retreat.  With the new challenge nodes this was huge to help save health packs when you saw the AI getting multiple match 5 cascades.  
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Can we talk about how all the fonts continue to get smaller over time?  Maybe I'm having my "get off my lawn" old man moment, but dang, I can't read any text in this game anymore without having to bust out my reading glasses.
    Devs said it'll be fixed next release.  It's in the bug section.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jamesh said:
    On the subject of the actual game update, I'm not loving the lowered contrast the favourite and non-favourite states of the shard meter on the roster screen.  There's not much difference in the shade of purple/yellow/blue between the two states.
    I completely agree with this. I think it's going to be very easy to accidentally favorite someone and not notice. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rhipf said:
    Just had to pop in to drop a quick thank you for the shard meter on the roster page. This is a great help.

Thank you.

This! This is a great improvement. Thank you very much for the shard meter. 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    jamesh said:
    Maybe it's because I'm waiting for my breakfast to get ready, but did anyone else read this as "Inedible Hulk" and get really, really confused?
    Why are you confused? Have you ever tried eating a Hulk?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You have to do it one bite at a time I think. Like elephants.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shard change was a terrific QOL improvement, guys. Thank you for doing this one! Helps me see the progress of shards my roster has with fewer clicks.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nice, some of the thrill of the draw back.  Be interesting to see in action.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Added a patch note at the end, since it's technically part of R198, but will be turned on with a data patch once we're sure that the build is stable.

Essentially, this strikes a balance between the static Shards that you were already gaining but also providing a chance of bonus Shards to pop up sort of how Bonus Heroes did before. The odds of these procs are different for each pack (and for 10x/40x pulls), as are the amounts of a given proc. Note that these are in *addition* to the current number of Shards you get from a pull, which are unchanged.
    very nice
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    “In addition”? [jaw drops]