Marvel Puzzle Quest R198 Release Notes (3/16/20)

124»

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    SLEEPWALKER?!
    My first thought was vampires. My second thought was this.

But since the quote is apparently from Aliens (I'm a heathen who hasn't seen it), I think Mantis is a decent guess. She's even been green.
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2020
    I heard this is a 5* character, if that’s true, I don’t see it being Mantis. However, if that’s not true I could see a 4* Mantis.

I’m still thinking Deathlok due to the Bill Paxton connection between ALIENS and Agents of SHIELD. I’m hoping for Uncanny X-Force Deathlok.

Sleepwalker would also be really cool, he’s both an alien and only appears when his host is asleep.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX

When you tap on the info question mark box for any token, it now shows you which characters will get "guaranteed shards."

It's entirely possible that's always been the language and I've never paid that close attention, but does this mean bonus shards are live? 

It would seem to imply that it might be, by saying you're guaranteed these shards every pull, with a possibility for bonus shards. But I'm also not seeing anything to indicate the possibility of bonus shards either. 
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
    @IceIX

When you tap on the info question mark box for any token, it now shows you which characters will get "guaranteed shards."

It's entirely possible that's always been the language and I've never paid that close attention, but does this mean bonus shards are live? 

It would seem to imply that it might be, by saying you're guaranteed these shards every pull, with a possibility for bonus shards. But I'm also not seeing anything to indicate the possibility of bonus shards either. 

The UI for bonus shards was pushed out before the actual bonus shards maybe?
  • havoks
    havoks Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2020
    DarthDeVo said:
    @IceIX

Pretty sure that's been the language they used since introducing shards.
    https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-are-favorite-heroes-1573853993&l=en
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Confirmed that Bonus Shards have gone Live with this morning's patch.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX
    can you list the odds per store type? 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,717 Chairperson of the Boards
    i've gotten it twice so far.  Once in a Heroic, got 50 3* shards.  Once in a Elite, another 50 3* shards.  This was only from today's PvE grind... so not many tokens used.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Are details going to be posted at some point?  There are no in-game odds at all, which seems.... odd...
  • A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    I think the odds are probably very very low.  Lots of tokens pulled and nothing.  Several others saying the same thing.  I was surprised to see 4 red posts on this thread, which is good...I guess?  Still, having something go into game with no information on the odds at all even after it went live isn't really showing good communication.   
    Ok update but likely won't make up for all the taxes we've been paying lately (very very low rates) and no communication other than comments pages into a thread.  Swing and a miss!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll post my results so far after the shard bonus chance went live. 
    I opened:
    a 50 pack Elite (7 3*)
    18 Heroics (17 2*, and one 3*, yuck)
    12 Mighty (11 3*, 1 4*)
    1 Legendary

No bonus shards at all.. :(
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I received 50 bonus shards from 1 heroic  40pack 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:

Hey @IceIX, in trying to figure out the odds for Bonus Shards, and it says in game that every pull will award Bonus Shards.  I've been steadily hoarding but people pulling have not been even close to those stated odds.  Any chance we can get the actual numbers and maybe have the description updated in the game?
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    as much as i like this game, its starting to feel "dry" for me. theres nothing that excites me about opening the game and looking forward to play. It starting to feel like a chore i must complete so i dont fall behind. i even stopped supporting the game by not getting V.i.p (this needs an update bc your paying for it)  for this month and honestly i dont see the difference with it or without it. i usually dont like to complain but i had to get this off my chest.

we need something thats new and refreshing to the eyes and competition. they've removed so many game modes i enjoyed, i hope they bring them back. 

sorry for the rant, just had to say it.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 580 Critical Contributor

Thank you devs for the kind message and free health packs! It was a very lovely gesture, and I for one really appreciate it!
    💖
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    @IceIX
    can you list the odds per store type? 
    The answer is: no.