Marvel Puzzle Quest R198 Release Notes (3/16/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited March 2020 in MPQ General Discussion

Here are the Release Notes for R198.

“Mostly come out at night…mostly”

Spring has sprung in MPQ and you ain’t green nothing yet! We welcome a new character, extra specials, and even more new content!

• Fixed a bug where some players had the same Shard Shop contents.
  • Character comics in the Roster screen have been updated to include a “Shard Meter” indicating how many Shards the character has. Clicking the Shard icon will allow players to toggle that character as a Favorite Character.
  • When viewing a Character from the Roster screen, you can now press a button to toggle the UI around the character. Pressing anywhere on the screen reveals the UI again.
  • Corrected how some covers were attributed in the Character Info screen.
  • Players can now back up their save using Sign In with Apple. Players on iOS devices can choose between either Facebook or Apple to backup their saves.
  • Opening Comic Packs will have a chance of also providing a large amount of Shards for Favorited Characters. This is in addition to the static Shards gained by opening these packs.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone said:

Huh. I'd forgotten that Disney does own the Alien franchise these days.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The quote is from aliens, so my guess is the next character will be an alien.  Mantis is an alien and Spider-Man tells her "please don't lay your eggs inside me" like an alien facehugger would. Mantis is my guess.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Too early for Morbius, right?
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Newt's line from ALIENS.

The Brood are Marvel's ripoff  homage to the Aliens.  Any chance it's a Brood warrior, or a Brood transformed hero like the current Brood Thor?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The quote is from aliens, so my guess is the next character will be an alien.  Mantis is an alien and Spider-Man tells her "please don't lay your eggs inside me" like an alien facehugger would. Mantis is my guess.
    Ooh! I like this one! She could have a power where she could temporarily stun enemies one at a time.

... and then no other powers

Just kidding. She’s the only movie guardian missing at this point, so I would definitely like to have her. I’m interested to know what they would do. Maybe they could take some powers from her comic counterpart 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Age of Apocalypse character, Newt, incoming! 
    Wow, that's obscure! 
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/newt/4005-41014/
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmmmm, magician and green... Loki Sorcerer Supreme...

god, i'm old....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxwrLLlQwBw
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    LakeStone said:

Here are the Release Notes for R198.

Abilities (with PG names.)

"Get away from her" - Creates yellow protect tiles.

"Go back to the ship." - Creates a countdown tile. When it reaches zero, blow up the board and does massive damage to the enemy team, nuking them from orbit.

"It's a bug hunt." - Like Jessica Jones's trap creation.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    This reminds me of immortal hulk. Maybe bc I just picked up the comic but that's the first thing that came to my head. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SLEEPWALKER?!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I realize the quote is wrong, but I thought of "We only come out at night" by the Smashing Pumpkins.......Hobgoblin?!?!?

Maybe it's 5* Vampire Jubilee, she also wears green a lot.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just had to pop in to drop a quick thank you for the shard meter on the roster page. This is a great help.

Thank you.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmmmm, magician and green... Loki Sorcerer Supreme...

god, i'm old....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxwrLLlQwBw
    I love EVERYTHING about this, by the goddess! I'm old, too. And I love this.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    • When viewing a Character from the Roster screen, you can now press a button to toggle the UI around the character. Pressing anywhere on the screen reveals the UI again.
    I can't figure out what this is talking about and I've definitely fiddled about with it. Anyone understand it...? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    LakeStone said:
    I can't figure out what this is talking about and I've definitely fiddled about with it. Anyone understand it...? 
    Go into any character and click the magnifying glass icon. That’ll show you the full character art without all the UI stuff.  
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I love the shard change! I actually can tell where to focus rewards. Thanks so much.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This reminds me of immortal hulk. Maybe bc I just picked up the comic but that's the first thing that came to my head. 
    That could also fit in with "you ain’t green nothing yet!".