Marvel Puzzle Quest R198 Release Notes (3/16/20)

Options

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Added a patch note at the end, since it's technically part of R198, but will be turned on with a data patch once we're sure that the build is stable.

Essentially, this strikes a balance between the static Shards that you were already gaining but also providing a chance of bonus Shards to pop up sort of how Bonus Heroes did before. The odds of these procs are different for each pack (and for 10x/40x pulls), as are the amounts of a given proc. Note that these are in *addition* to the current number of Shards you get from a pull, which are unchanged.
    @IceIX

so I understand this correctly, we are not losing anything this time, but gaining?  Are we missing something? 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    • Coming very soon (likely week of 3/16): Opening Comic Packs will have a chance of also providing a large amount of Shards for Favorited Characters. This is in addition to the static Shards gained by opening these packs.
    I’m super curious what a “large amount” will equate to. This 4/5/4/5 release relate mixed with the CL10 grind is a killer. Excited for some good news. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This may be the new way to commit to Latest - you give up on classic and pull hard for whoever is next out through these shard bonuses?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That is unexpectedly awesome.

Both because it is unexpected, and because it sounds better than what we would expect if we knew to expect it.
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't mean to sound like a pessimist but to get the 403 4-star bonus in shards, the odds would have to be quite low 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Given that 10x and 40x packs lost out massively with the switch to shards, they've got room to do something like this.  Remember that those packs used to have 10% bonus hero odds compared to 5% odds on 1x packs.

Those packs still offer more shards than their single pack equivalents, but they certainly don't offer twice as many shards.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Their favourite numbers:

133, 250, 266 

I think 1x heroic has a 1:266 chance of getting bonus 400 shards.
    Then, 10x and 40x will get 1:133 chance.

It's a great change and I'm surprised the bonus shards give out a partial cover up to a full cover.

10x and 40x get chances of multiple covers of shards.

Whales! Whales! Whales!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great news about the chance of bonus shards. Maybe they can bring back the twinkly victory banner and replace the text with "Shardburst!" whenever it happens. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They can rotate animations from Jubilee, Maria Hill or other characters. I think it's a good fit for the occasional bonus shards.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice, many thanks for the efforts!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They can rotate animations from Jubilee, Maria Hill or other characters. I think it's a good fit for the occasional bonus shards.
    You know, I really like the idea of using character animations for little splashes like that when you get bonus shards.
  • jamauss
    jamauss Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @IceIX can you post an update here when bonus shards has gone live in the game so that we can know when to possibly expect to look for them? Thanks!
  • Demiurge_[bagman]
    Demiurge_[bagman] Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    jamesh said:
    On the subject of the actual game update, I'm not loving the lowered contrast the favourite and non-favourite states of the shard meter on the roster screen.  There's not much difference in the shade of purple/yellow/blue between the two states.
    This is fixed in the next build. 

• Demiurge_[bagman]
    Demiurge_[bagman] Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Can we talk about how all the fonts continue to get smaller over time?  Maybe I'm having my "get off my lawn" old man moment, but dang, I can't read any text in this game anymore without having to bust out my reading glasses.
    Devs said it'll be fixed next release.  It's in the bug section.
    • The smaller font on loading should be fixed next release.
    • Fonts are slightly smaller on some character names in the collection view (to prevent overlapping names). Should remain the same for most heroes though!
    • In the currency counter fonts are a bit smaller. That's by design and going to stick. 
    If there's a place beyond these locations where you're having trouble reading text, can you tell me where?

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Can we talk about how all the fonts continue to get smaller over time?  Maybe I'm having my "get off my lawn" old man moment, but dang, I can't read any text in this game anymore without having to bust out my reading glasses.
    • Fonts are slightly smaller on some character names in the collection view (to prevent overlapping names). Should remain the same for most heroes though!
    • In the currency counter fonts are a bit smaller. That's by design and going to stick. 
    If there's a place beyond these locations where you're having trouble reading text, can you tell me where?

LOL.  I can't read any of the ability descriptions anymore.  I increased the fonts on iMessage, email, just about everything that lets me, but it's hard coded into the game at a tiny font size.  The in-match font size is even smaller.

It's probably just my getting older issue, though.  I have to wear my x-ray specs at work now all the time just to see what I'm doing in my lab.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Can we also get 3* Captain America's shield opacity fixed? Been bugging me since the Karolina Dean update.

Edit: did not know this was intentional, still annoying.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pheregas said:
    pheregas said:

LOL.  I can't read any of the ability descriptions anymore.  I increased the fonts on iMessage, email, just about everything that lets me, but it's hard coded into the game at a tiny font size.  The in-match font size is even smaller.

It's probably just my getting older issue, though.  I have to wear my x-ray specs at work now all the time just to see what I'm doing in my lab.
    Peter Venkman: Yes it's true. This man has aged significantly.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pheregas said:
    pheregas said:

Ok, Zoomer!
    😉
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yet another mysterious clue for Deathlok.