***** Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Essex) *****

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's going to be difficult to overwrite most of his trap tiles unless you are using  3* Storm Teamup, 4* Carnage or BRB.

If there are 8 trap tiles on the board, you have 1/8 chance of overwritting one of them. 
    BRB/5* Carbage will flood a board quick.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's going to be difficult to overwrite most of his trap tiles unless you are using  3* Storm Teamup, 4* Carnage or BRB.

If there are 8 trap tiles on the board, you have 1/8 chance of overwritting one of them. 
    BRB/5* Carbage will flood a board quick.
    You would have to build for it, but there are plenty of teams that fill up a board with special tiles very quickly.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Kind of curious for the developer blog on this one, but being a 5* I'm expecting more hyperbole than crunch.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be more interesting to know who they specifically recommend to team up with. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scheming Mister Sinister Cover Store - January 30 - February 
    • 1x pull:
      • 1 in 250 chance to get a cover of Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Essex)
      • ~1 in 13 chance to get a 4-Star
      • 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
      • Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
    • 10x & 40x pull:
      • 1 in 166 chance to get a cover of Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Essex)
      • ~1 in 12 chance to get a 4-Star
      • 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
      • Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
    • The Scheming Mister Sinister cover store will run for longer than usual stores to ensure that players have an opportunity to pull from the store if they wish to.

Not that I was going to pull a lot from this store, but it's open until the end of the day on Tuesday February 4, which is about a day less than the Carnage and BRB stores.  It seems like about the usual length of time for new 4* releases though.
  • HoundofShadow
    Speaking about Starlord, he does make a good or fun partner for Mr Sinister because his green AoE doesn't destroy friendly trap tiles, which means that Sinister's trap tiles will fall to the bottom of the board, making it easier to match them away.  This reminds me of the time I was teaming Starlord with Cable, watching opponents getting stunned one by one because all the green charged tiles were falling to the bottom due to Starlord's AoE, and opponents getting stunned due to Cable's blue.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Now that he's been released, and it's still very early of course, but I'm very curious about his Behold traps.

Does each Behold trap tile retain it's full "up to 8 traps" damage potential?

Meaning, if one is matched away, and there's still 2 Behold traps on the board, can you still get up to 8x worth of their stated trap-damage upon the next Behold trap match?  Then again once the 3rd is matched by either team?

All of this is assuming you have up to 8 friendly traps of any sort on the board. 

(I realize that a single match containing 2 or 3 Behold traps will not multiply above the 8x traps damage).

• Vhailorx
    RickOShay said:
    Now that he's been released, and it's still very early of course, but I'm very curious about his Behold traps.

Does each Behold trap tile retain it's full "up to 8 traps" damage potential?

Meaning, if one is matched away, and there's still 2 Behold traps on the board, can you still get up to 8x worth of their stated trap-damage upon the next Behold trap match?  Then again once the 3rd is matched by either team?

All of this is assuming you have up to 8 friendly traps of any sort on the board. 

(I realize that a single match containing 2 or 3 Behold traps will not multiply above the 8x traps damage).

Yup, would love more details on this power.

Are the tiles static (snapshot at time of cast) or dynamic (strength changes as the number of traps changes)?

Can they trigger while sinsiter is stunned or airborne?

Can anyone confirm that the traps all operate independently (so max potential damage is ~81k in total)?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2020
    Some one will post videos of him in a while. I can't remember his name but he has been doing that in the last few 5* threads.

Edit: I haven't heard of that joke before.  :D
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Black Cat makes traps you own that behave like JJ’s do, she might play up okay.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2020
    Vhailorx said:

Except HE means worthy, worthy means sinister will be stunned by round 2. . .

I don't know if that is the rule for every character, but in my experience trap tiles tiles fire off when they are matched even if the character that created them is stunned.
  • Vhailorx
    edited January 2020
    Jacklag said:
    Vhailorx said:

Except HE means worthy, worthy means sinister will be stunned by round 2. . .

I don't know if that is the rule for every character, but in my experience trap tiles tiles fire off when they are matched even if the character that created them is stunned.
    Even if true, it wouldn't matter if sinister is stunned at the beginning of every match and never creates any traps to begin with.

You aren't wrong that HE fires a lot of active powers, and in a 1v1, sinister would punish him.  My point was just that when people use HE these days, they generally do so as part of a combo.  Sometimes coulson, but more often worthy.  And both of those teams, but especially worthy, would negate sinister via a quick stun.  

IMO new characters can't really claim to be an effective counter against existing strats if they won't actually work well against the current meta.  And MPQ's meta has almost always relied on passive powers (maybe the 4* thorverine period in early 2015 was the last time a truly dominant meta was based almost purely on active powers).  So the fact that sinsiter is most effective against enemy power spamming means that he won't see too much use in the meta.  The best case scenario for a very effective anti-active-power passive is currently Dr. Strange, who crushes goons in pve and sees some light use as a defensive scarecrow in PvP.  And I don't think sinsiter's purple is as good as strange's yellow. Perhaps I will be proven wrong now that sinister is live in-game.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I have to agree there. It would be a much more viable toon if Purple created one Trap Tile at the start of every turn, as per 3*Doom.

Then, after enough turns... Behold!
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Well if each blue AP created trap at level 450 deals 26,000 damage with 8 traps on the board, this could hit a lot harder than I think people are considering.  If that next trap hits at 23,000 with 7 traps etc, it is a much better power.  However if the trap damage is set when the trap is cast, then he isn't nearly as good.  

I think it all is determined by is the trap damage static and set when the power is used or does the damage float and as more traps are added, the damage on all existing blue created traps increases (to the max of 8 trap tiles).  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    See if you can find a Bishop team and a Worthy team. I’ll probably run him with Doom/X eventually. 
  • Vhailorx
    See if you can find a Bishop team and a Worthy team. I’ll probably run him with Doom/X eventually. 
    That's a lot of blue/purple/black overlap.  What's the intended synergy?
  • HoundofShadow
    From the first video, one cast of Behold does deal up to 81k damage. I think this guy just set a record for damage/ap.  :D

Also, Hawkeye/CapWorth got taken down like cupcake. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another joke is naming him carbage. As a user of an almost champed carnage it seems really funny to me.