The Battle of Who Could Care Less

Options
12345679»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,615 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm...seems Ghosty is pretty popular, lots of Champed ones in this pvp unfortunately, lol!
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    See, As long as you deny black, he isn't that much to worry about.

• DAZ0273
    Options
    I have a new candidate for caring less about - Venom (Eddie Brock) - I don't recall ever playing his PvP so I am tempted to take him for a spin and champ him - is this the equivalent of just having the game develop a bug and wiping out several hundred thousand iso from my account? On the plus side I expect I may have racked up a fair few saved covers over time. On the negative side...how bad is he do we think? I really only know him from playing against him and should probably use my iso elsewhere. Still...I figured I would enquire.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have a new candidate for caring less about - Venom (Eddie Brock) - I don't recall ever playing his PvP so I am tempted to take him for a spin and champ him - is this the equivalent of just having the game develop a bug and wiping out several hundred thousand iso from my account? On the plus side I expect I may have racked up a fair few saved covers over time. On the negative side...how bad is he do we think? I really only know him from playing against him and should probably use my iso elsewhere. Still...I figured I would enquire.
    I'm much more of a Agent Venom fan, but oh well.  Mr. F works really well with him.  Maybe throw in a Mockingbird for fun free power shenanigans... 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I'm much more of a Agent Venom fan, but oh well.  Mr. F works really well with him.  Maybe throw in a Mockingbird for fun free power shenanigans... 
    Mr. F after his re-work? I can champ him too! I'm trying to remember how he works now?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Venom is decent. He has a big health pool. His yellow can hit very hard and his green is not bad either. Carnage & Venom remain as one of my favourite Nefarious Foes combos (especially since the addition of Kraven, but now they are less usable and intimidating due to the huge power creep when Kitty was introduced)
    Yeah - he doesn't seem Thing or Talos level bad at all but I just can't think of ever having had  areason to do anything with him. Hmm...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mr. F after his re-work? I can champ him too! I'm trying to remember how he works now?
    His yellow, for every 4 enemy tiles matched (if there are multiple tiles in the match you get credit for each... don't know how this works with the current line clear bug) you get a free power fired.  You also get a burst heal for each enemy tile matched.  Since Venom makes cheap enemy protect tiles, it works well.  

Blue, stun and nuke if there are 4 or more friendly tiles

Black, fortified repeater that either makes asl tiles, charged, gives you your strongest ap, or locks tiles...

oooooo also 4* BP, his yellow spits out friendly tiles to feed reed's blue nuke (every 4 friendly tiles deals x damage, so if you flood the board it's devastating...)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    This Venom PVP is fun if you have P4nther/Okoye since he's boosted and you'll be getting shield-spam for free. Of course it's pretty obnoxious when all you're seeing are opponent kittys, and you're constantly creating defend tiles for her and having them create some for you.

I've been using 5torm/L4dy Thor since she's boosted and it's kind of fun when it works. I've also been dumping iso into Rescue to see if she works with all the defend tiles in play. Her red is bananagrams when Okoye is in play.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have a fondness for Agent Venom as he was one of my first four star champs.  I pair him with Cloak and Dagger for a lot of his black.

Eddie Brock on the other hand has been idling at level 211 (which is my bucket for characters that have 13 covers but I haven't spent the ISO on yet) for a while now.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    His yellow, for every 4 enemy tiles matched (if there are multiple tiles in the match you get credit for each... don't know how this works with the current line clear bug) you get a free power fired.  You also get a burst heal for each enemy tile matched.  Since Venom makes cheap enemy protect tiles, it works well.  

Blue, stun and nuke if there are 4 or more friendly tiles

Black, fortified repeater that either makes asl tiles, charged, gives you your strongest ap, or locks tiles...

oooooo also 4* BP, his yellow spits out friendly tiles to feed reed's blue nuke (every 4 friendly tiles deals x damage, so if you flood the board it's devastating...)
    That sounds fun and I do have Panther Champed, not sure I have enough iso to champ Venom and Mr. F though...gah!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghost Rider 4*
    DAZ0273 said:
    Eddie is kind of more like Elektra or Kraven. Not bad so much as really narrow. He basically exists to punish special tile-spammers, and he's not bad at it, but there's a lot of competition in that niche, and all too often someone like Medusa or Kitty is better.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Before I got stuck with 5* MMR, I really wanted to run a Sinister 3 team of Carnage/EB Venom/Kraven. Without either of those two wingpersons boosted in the event, it probably won't go that well, but I still think it's a decently fun sounding team on paper.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    So far I have decided to leave Eddie on the shelf as I really can't see a place for him in too many teams going past his PvP which lets be honest wont be run again until Halloween next year at best. It seems quite a lot of people haven't bothered champing him so it is no real impediment so far. Mr. F is still possibly interesting though.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghost Rider 4*
    Before I got stuck with 5* MMR, I really wanted to run a Sinister 3 team of Carnage/EB Venom/Kraven. Without either of those two wingpersons boosted in the event, it probably won't go that well, but I still think it's a decently fun sounding team on paper.
    I'll have to give that one a try next time I decide to take an SCL7 vacation in PvE. It does sound like a pretty fun team.