Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just champed Sabertooth, and have been messing around with him in the latest event where he's featured.  He's working surprisingly well with Domino (to power his black) and Magik, who brings out protect tiles every time you activate anybody's power, and possibly feeding Sabertooth's red in case you get a lot of purple.  Other than Iron Man cascading into enough yellow to cast back-to-back Recharges on turn 3 and 4, there wasn't much chance for the enemy teams to fire off any powers.

I've wondered what Sabretooth and Carnage could do together with someone like Medusa I guess. Carnage puts up so many enemy strike tiles that it should trigger Sabretooth's passive quite a lot.
    Good thought, but it sadly doesn't work.  Carnage puts out attack tiles, and Sabretooth only cares about matching strikes.  Medusa plus Carnage is still a good team, but Sabretooth doesn't add much synergy to the team.  Craven or Prowler, on the other hand...
    Ah, sorry! I thought I was onto something there. :(   I love using Carnage so much I'm always trying to find different combos to maximize him. Right now I've been using Hawguy, Bullseye and Carnage for a lot of fun.
    I don't have him, yet, much less a usable one so this is pure speculation, but Medusa, Carnage & 4* Juggernaut could be interesting.  Juggernaut will tank a lot and provide random board shake off the blue AP Medusa provides.  Certainly probably not as efficient as others, but this is the fun team thread after all...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just fought a champed Iceman (Bobby drake)/Hawkeye (Clint) team in the juggernaut pvp. It was wild. Good job whoever put that team together.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    ZootSax said:
    Just champed Sabertooth, and have been messing around with him in the latest event where he's featured.  He's working surprisingly well with Domino (to power his black) and Magik, who brings out protect tiles every time you activate anybody's power, and possibly feeding Sabertooth's red in case you get a lot of purple.  Other than Iron Man cascading into enough yellow to cast back-to-back Recharges on turn 3 and 4, there wasn't much chance for the enemy teams to fire off any powers.

I've wondered what Sabretooth and Carnage could do together with someone like Medusa I guess. Carnage puts up so many enemy strike tiles that it should trigger Sabretooth's passive quite a lot.
    Good thought, but it sadly doesn't work.  Carnage puts out attack tiles, and Sabretooth only cares about matching strikes.  Medusa plus Carnage is still a good team, but Sabretooth doesn't add much synergy to the team.  Craven or Prowler, on the other hand...
    Ah, sorry! I thought I was onto something there. :(   I love using Carnage so much I'm always trying to find different combos to maximize him. Right now I've been using Hawguy, Bullseye and Carnage for a lot of fun.
    I don't have him, yet, much less a usable one so this is pure speculation, but Medusa, Carnage & 4* Juggernaut could be interesting.  Juggernaut will tank a lot and provide random board shake off the blue AP Medusa provides.  Certainly probably not as efficient as others, but this is the fun team thread after all...
    I have Juggy but only 3 covers in. Your theory sounds solid though.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    With Magik boosted I just paired her with IM40. For me it's insane damage, 188k and I've only just champed her. It's a lot of AP but as soon as it's fired it's pretty much game done with the defence tiles she throws out as well.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    3*Wolverine, 4*Deadpool, Bishop
    Once you fire Wolverine's green, enemies matches easily triggered Deadpool's passive and Bishop's red and blue passive. Add in Deadpool's purple, these abilities all boosted by the strike tiles created.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    wingX said:
    3*Wolverine, 4*Deadpool, Bishop
    Once you fire Wolverine's green, enemies matches easily triggered Deadpool's passive and Bishop's red and blue passive. Add in Deadpool's purple, these abilities all boosted by the strike tiles created.

This one's hilarious on goons and mindless ones. Bishop takes a beating though.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2019
    My Bobby Drake only has 2 covers, but using him in his essential with OML and Kitty was super fun... Can only imagine what it would have been like if I had any green covers for him.

Also Kitty, OML and Clint are hilariously fun in PVE. 

Thor, God Doom and Strange were also a super team for me against Nova and the mindless ones. 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Found myself a new Stormfinite team for 5* Storm. Pair her with Kamala Khan and Quake, and basically destroy any red or black tiles (purple as a third) with storms green and quakes red. Use KK’s purple to drop more green on the board, and storm’s yellow to turn team up into whatever colour you want/is most present on the board.

when you can, use storm’s black to create more cascades and do team damage
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares76 said:
    Champed my first 5-star today: Okoye! 
    Now I will have to deal with a lot of champed Kitty/Gr4cket/Bishop teams in Shield sim.
    So I tried this counter-team: Okoye&Bishop&Howard (levels 453/279/279) bringing 2 blue AP into the match.
    Could match two strikes on my first turn. Enemy's matches triggerd my Bishop's passive of course and he got killed after two turns but the enemy's Bishop also got killed on my third turn. I had 10 blue for Howard on my second turn to remove the remaining 5 strikes and stun Kitty for three turns.
    With nothing to buff Kitty and Grocket were no match for Okoye and Howard.
    Not afraid of having a single 5-star champion anymore.
    If you only have 1 5* okoye is one of the best hands down. Single 5* champ play is really fun. I started with daredevil myself and he had tons of good matchups with the 4* tier.

Enjoy your new experience.
  • MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 64 Match Maker
    I've played a bit with America Chavez, Hood and Felicia (level 188 still) and they are super fun. Sure I'm using a lot of health but the matches are really quick.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 819 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:
    Ares76 said:
    Champed my first 5-star today: Okoye! 
    Now I will have to deal with a lot of champed Kitty/Gr4cket/Bishop teams in Shield sim.
    So I tried this counter-team: Okoye&Bishop&Howard (levels 453/279/279) bringing 2 blue AP into the match.
    Could match two strikes on my first turn. Enemy's matches triggerd my Bishop's passive of course and he got killed after two turns but the enemy's Bishop also got killed on my third turn. I had 10 blue for Howard on my second turn to remove the remaining 5 strikes and stun Kitty for three turns.
    With nothing to buff Kitty and Grocket were no match for Okoye and Howard.
    Not afraid of having a single 5-star champion anymore.
    If you only have 1 5* okoye is one of the best hands down. Single 5* champ play is really fun. I started with daredevil myself and he had tons of good matchups with the 4* tier.

Enjoy your new experience.
    Seconding this!

I entered 5-star Land with Okoye as my solitary 5* Champion and she is A LOT of fun with just about every other character as she makes almost everyone better (everyone except Emma, and 1-2 others who I cannot think of).
    She has her true heal and as the sole 5* she's tanking most colours so she saves you a lot of health kits.
    And her red can be great in a pinch for setting up matches or taking out dangerous enemy tiles, such as monster-boosted Strike, Attack or Protects, or countdowns that are about to go off.
    And if you only have one 5* Champion, you're typically almost always only going to face another, single 5* Champion team.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Dr. 5trange and Jessica Jones have been my go to for a while, I’ll sub in different 3rds depending on the situation but it’s most often 5* Daredevil, and sometimes Kitty, though of those Kitty is the only one I don’t have champed and I’m slowly working on that. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    grumbLEGO said:
    Dr. 5trange and Jessica Jones have been my go to for a while, I’ll sub in different 3rds depending on the situation but it’s most often 5* Daredevil, and sometimes Kitty, though of those Kitty is the only one I don’t have champed and I’m slowly working on that. 
    I’ve left my Kitty purposely unchamped so Daredevil will tank over her. At about 10 levels higher he’ll tank green/yellow/team-up and usually one or two of blue/black. If your yellow is high enough on Kitty it’s a pretty good climbing team for offense and sustainability. Just have Matt tank as much as possible so he keeps making strikes below half health. Then have Kitty buff the strikes. Slower than Grocket and way easier to kill on defense, but super health pack efficient. 

I’ve been playing the team less as I’ve been using other pairings more (Daredevil/Doom at the beginning of climbs; Gritty at the end) and I’ve been thinking maybe it isn’t worth it leaving her unchamped anymore.  It’s a good/fun team but I think I get hit more having a level 445 Kitty. If champed, the 6 saved will propel her to level 456.

But for you who can’t champ her yet, the team is definitely worth trying. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using Spinal Tap's "None More Black" team vs Apocalypse.  X-Force Wolverine and Domino (both at 3/5/5) and Cloak and Dagger at 5/3/5.  Needless to say, it generates a lot of black on the board thanks to the passives of C&D and Domino.  That helps prevent Apoc from getting Red AP, but also helps create black tiles to help get rid of those countdown tiles.  Black is also his strongest color, so XFW's Surgical Strike can do massive damage, which will allow more black tiles to fall down thanks to Domino.  Domino's red is a half-strength Surgical Strike, which can still do a lot of damage.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    Sabretooth and Domino are quite fun together. I’m still working on a third though.

Edit: I found my third. It’s 5* Storm
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Having fun this week with both Carnage and Prowler boosted. Add in some supports and I've got (in order of team placement):

Carnage 3/5/5 w lvl 200 Hydra Henchmen support
    Prowler 5/5/3 w lvl 1 The Tinkerer support
    Medusa 5/5/3 w lvl 50 Quantum Realm support

The key is making sure Carnage is in the lead position, this way there are immediately enemy specials for Prowler to fortify (and thus target to steal). So many specials go out, especially on the nodes vs an enemy Carnage, that Medusa is constantly pumping free AP and healing. The Tinkerer support is the MVP support here, as the free fortification ensures maximum damage when it comes time to fire Carnage's Green. By the end of the match, the attack tiles are pumping over 10K damage per turn on their own.

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Here’s a new one...

Ice5/MEH/Val

Ice gets his tiles fling pretty fast.  MEH moves tiles and creates matches/cascades that aids Ice’s tiles.  Val will generate yellow for MEH.  Val’s strikes pile up and add damage.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    All the bishop talk has made me try 5* daredevil and bishop (dareshop, bidevil? I'm still working on a name) as my defensive team in normal versus events. 

I realized my normal go to team of gritty is always getting beat back down through the course of an event by other 5* players. But they see bishop and just skip. So I get way less retals and defensive losses. 

And I can still use gritty whenever I want and then just do a last match with daredevil and bishop to set them as my defensive team.