Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Actually Mysterio worked OK with Infinity War Spidey. You want to match blue so you can generate web tiles so it gives you something to do with it that doesn't impact Spidey and you get a stun.

I'll still probably never use him again outside of essentials but hey ho.

Edited: And would obviously work pretty nicely with 3* Spidey too. But I still wont be using the Fishbowl man.
    He really does pair nicely with most Spider-Verse teams, in that he can be the cannon fodder you bring to the match while the better Spiders are off the front line setting up their deadly attacks and has a little bit of synergy with the team in not destroying AP that any of the big three in the Spider-teams actively use (Iron Spider, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales). 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Th4nos (3/5/5)
    Eddie Venom
    Ghost

Thanos was the first 4-star I champed since Domino a couple months ago, so I wanted to give him a spin. Basically any Ghost match will trigger Eddie's passive to drop an enemy protect tile, and any champed 4 will trigger it as well on a match-4 or greater. Once there's enough, Thanos starts dropping green for either himself or Venom. Cascades galore, more fun against teams that generate their own special tiles as well. 
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler

One team previously mentioned is Bishop, God Emperor Doom and Mysterio… essentially immortal.

In Venom Bomb, there is quite a bit of fun to be had with boosted 3* Wolverine, Mr Fantastic and Sabretooth.... if you fire Wolverine Green then its basically game... :)

at least in SL8 with a champed Sabretooth and Mr Fantastic. :)

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I found using iron spider, miles and mysterio quite good fun. Matching web tiles generates blue ap, which mysterio converts into yellow to feed miles to make more web tiles. Its remarkably efficient, and you get to use those big red and purple nukes really easily
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am working on champing 3* Hawkeye now to work with both MK and carnage/bullseye.
    In case you aren't doing this already, boosted 3* Hawkeye with boosted 3* Strange are a pretty amazing duo in the current run of Strange Sights.  In this case, running Hawkeye 5/3/5 and using his black to feed Strange blue AP and his purple to boost Strange's yellow damage is probably the smart way to go (I'm still running HE 3/5/5 because I just have fun with arrows, but any 5 black configuration is viable).  The Mindless Ones spam so many countdowns that the AP/damage engine basically feeds itself unless you're unlucky.  Additionally, Hawkeye is deceptively good against the Ultron goons (in Sub 2 of that PVE) for the same reason.  Moon Knight's not a bad third in this case, either, as you're already matching green to stop the Mindless One's team damage.  He's probably not the best, either, but if you want to use him, he will play nicely with the others.

I just thought of this was I was playing a little while ago and thought I'd share.  Good luck.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    ZootSax said:
    I am working on champing 3* Hawkeye now to work with both MK and carnage/bullseye.
    In case you aren't doing this already, boosted 3* Hawkeye with boosted 3* Strange are a pretty amazing duo in the current run of Strange Sights.  In this case, running Hawkeye 5/3/5 and using his black to feed Strange blue AP and his purple to boost Strange's yellow damage is probably the smart way to go (I'm still running HE 3/5/5 because I just have fun with arrows, but any 5 black configuration is viable).  The Mindless Ones spam so many countdowns that the AP/damage engine basically feeds itself unless you're unlucky.  Additionally, Hawkeye is deceptively good against the Ultron goons (in Sub 2 of that PVE) for the same reason.  Moon Knight's not a bad third in this case, either, as you're already matching green to stop the Mindless One's team damage.  He's probably not the best, either, but if you want to use him, he will play nicely with the others.

I just thought of this was I was playing a little while ago and thought I'd share.  Good luck.
    I did in fact champ Hawkguy and he's now my 14th champed 3* character. I used Hawkguy, MK and IM40 or Hawkguy/Carnage/Bullseye in the last pve event.

Still not sure what's the best 3rd partner for what I have in my roster as a 3rd member for carnage/bullseye as hitting people with all those attack tiles is just fun.

I will try Hawkguy/Dr. Strange/MK in this Strange Sights event to see how it goes. I wish I could share my roster on here for better advise.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    ZootSax said:

I did in fact champ Hawkguy and he's now my 14th champed 3* character. I used Hawkguy, MK and IM40 or Hawkguy/Carnage/Bullseye in the last pve event.

Still not sure what's the best 3rd partner for what I have in my roster as a 3rd member for carnage/bullseye as hitting people with all those attack tiles is just fun.

I will try Hawkguy/Dr. Strange/MK in this Strange Sights event to see how it goes. I wish I could share my roster on here for better advise.
    Just tell us your alliance and team name and then we can see it.
  • Falconfreak
    ZootSax said:

Just tell us your alliance and team name and then we can see it.
    I think I did that before?

My name in game is also Falconfreak and my alliance is JustForKicks. I play the steam version if that matters as well.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I have come 180 on Mysterio; he is pretty great!

Mysterio/Bishop/4Widow

You get the autostun on Highest level enemy after Bishop triggers, which triggers Widows AP denial and a bunch of yellow, repeat.Cast Brush pass on Bishop-keep doing this as needed for the heal, try to remember the ol days of thanos/strange, keep your green burst health bar topped. Those annoying little Oath CD's cease to be a detriment because its just burst. Wid/Mys both go invisible keeping Bishop to soak all those match dams and stays the only target-able opponent. 
    I've read that GED does similar w his yellow heal and brings more punch but I like the cheap casting and double stun

Speaking of yellow:

C&D/Valk/kitty : C&D start the train with Attack tiles, kitty buffs/S.Circuits, Valk puts out AP CD. Light knives keeps the board clear if kitty can't keep up and gives half the cost back per fire. An AoE to mop up what's left.

Black Cat/Domino/Stunner: Mr. F and Gamora are interchangeable- depending on how much enemy SAP/CD. Also 4Widow
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    While they are both boosted, I have been using 4star lord and war machine along with coulson, to great success. None of the powers do a lot of damage, with the exception of star lord’s red.

Between the three of them, there are so many short countdowns ticking away though, that you are pretty much guaranteed to use his red a few times from all the ap coulson passively generates. Plus, there is so much trickle damage every turn from all the countdowns.

I only wish one could add in Drax as a 4th character, but alas, the puzzle quest gods dictated that three was company and four makes a crowd. Maybe he is always there, and I just can’t see him?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:

I only wish one could add in Drax as a 4th character, but alas, the puzzle quest gods dictated that three was company and four makes a crowd. Maybe he is always there, and I just can’t see him?
    You're thinking Invisible Woman and/or Ant Man.  They're always there, but you just can't see them.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    It's really only useful in boss fights where you've got some ramp-up time before you have to really fight, but I love SWitch, Falcon, Janet.

SWitch builds purple for Falcon, Falcon's purple throws a few dozen shields onto the board, Janet's yellow turns them all into swords and boosts their power.

I've taken down Apocalypse with +30,000 sword damage on the board before.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tarelgeth said:
    It's really only useful in boss fights where you've got some ramp-up time before you have to really fight, but I love SWitch, Falcon, Janet.

SWitch builds purple for Falcon, Falcon's purple throws a few dozen shields onto the board, Janet's yellow turns them all into swords and boosts their power.

I've taken down Apocalypse with +30,000 sword damage on the board before.
    Medusa can also work well in place of SWitch. That was the team that got me through most of the 4* transition.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I do like Medusa, and she's one of my better 4*s, but the AP color she creates is random, and only when there are enemy specials to break.  I find SWitch to be more reliable at getting Falcon off.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tarelgeth said:
    I do like Medusa, and she's one of my better 4*s, but the AP color she creates is random, and only when there are enemy specials to break.  I find SWitch to be more reliable at getting Falcon off.
    They fill different roles, work better in different situations. I would also note, tho, that both Falcon and Wasp really like having a lot of blue AP in the bank, so only green is wasted from Medusa.
  • sambrookjm
    edited August 2019
    Just champed Sabertooth, and have been messing around with him in the latest event where he's featured.  He's working surprisingly well with Domino (to power his black) and Magik, who brings out protect tiles every time you activate anybody's power, and possibly feeding Sabertooth's red in case you get a lot of purple.  Other than Iron Man cascading into enough yellow to cast back-to-back Recharges on turn 3 and 4, there wasn't much chance for the enemy teams to fire off any powers.

• Falconfreak
    Just champed Sabertooth, and have been messing around with him in the latest event where he's featured.  He's working surprisingly well with Domino (to power his black) and Magik, who brings out protect tiles every time you activate anybody's power, and possibly feeding Sabertooth's red in case you get a lot of purple.  Other than Iron Man cascading into enough yellow to cast back-to-back Recharges on turn 3 and 4, there wasn't much chance for the enemy teams to fire off any powers.

I've wondered what Sabretooth and Carnage could do together with someone like Medusa I guess. Carnage puts up so many enemy strike tiles that it should trigger Sabretooth's passive quite a lot.
  • sambrookjm

I've wondered what Sabretooth and Carnage could do together with someone like Medusa I guess. Carnage puts up so many enemy strike tiles that it should trigger Sabretooth's passive quite a lot.
    Good thought, but it sadly doesn't work.  Carnage puts out attack tiles, and Sabretooth only cares about matching strikes.  Medusa plus Carnage is still a good team, but Sabretooth doesn't add much synergy to the team.  Craven or Prowler, on the other hand...
  • Falconfreak

Good thought, but it sadly doesn't work.  Carnage puts out attack tiles, and Sabretooth only cares about matching strikes.  Medusa plus Carnage is still a good team, but Sabretooth doesn't add much synergy to the team.  Craven or Prowler, on the other hand...
    Ah, sorry! I thought I was onto something there. :(   I love using Carnage so much I'm always trying to find different combos to maximize him. Right now I've been using Hawguy, Bullseye and Carnage for a lot of fun.