**** Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) **** Updated (8/22/17)

18910111214»

Comments

• Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    With this "fix" to Kingpin, I feel like we've gone from the Vincent D'onofrio Fisk to the Michael Clarke Duncan version...

• Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    LMAO!!! 

(Best post goes to this guy ^)
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    With this "fix" to Kingpin, I feel like we've gone from the Vincent D'onofrio Fisk to the Michael Clarke Duncan version...

I thought he played a good Kingpin
  • Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Good actor but not a good Kingpin. The whole movie was terrible though, Ben Affleck as Daredevil was also terrible. So was Jennifer garner as Elektra. Her Elektra movie was also tinykitty. I fell asleep during that movie twice when it came out. When they woke me up a better daredevil had come out. It was worth the wait.

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    I saw all these updates and I thought they were reporting a fix but noooo somebody is taking shots at Dunkin's Kingpin.  Honestly he was the best part of that movie but you are right compared to the Netflix version not all that good.  It shows what a difference good writing makes.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Today I was playing Strange Sights and realized:  Kingpin's changes feel like a nerf (or at best, no improvement) to me when playing.  But a buff for the AI, where he is often paired with goons spamming out CD's (Dons, etc).  AOE all over the place.  
    Yeah his interaction with Maggia Dons is really unfortunate for players.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,015 Chairperson of the Boards

Fisk 5/5/3
    4* Cyclops 5/3/5
    A good green power (I usually go with Rogue)

with Fisk and Cyke boosted during simulator, I got to see how they work together and gentlemen, I think we’ve got our first good match with Fisk. 

The key is Cyclops Uncanny Strategist, constantly being on the field and loaded. It’s stupid easy to get 5 yellow AP when combined with Fisk’s purple power. The Fisk Defense at 5, gets you 8 yellow and a match gives you 10+ yellow. It costs 8 to activate and 8 black to fire Wilson’s Gambit. His black may not do more damage than Carol’s or Ghost Rider’s or F4st’s but it does good damage and is easier to resupply. Especially when you run Rogue and the opponents strongest color is black. 

Meanwhile Cyclops supplies himself to hit hard (and hits hard) while setting the table for Fisk. I love Rogue to hold the opponent down and gain more AP for them both. Thinking about for 5* Ghost Rider would work with his really good green. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Cyke boosted has been great as always, and I have to agree he played with Kingpin as well as stated. 

Separately, I was actually pleasantly surprised about using St4r-Lord with Kingpin during this boosted cycle.  KP purple is already cheap enough, but with SL reducing the cost on KP yellow as well, it was very easy to double-cast and have tons of CD's on the board. Then, with SL's cheap red guaranteed to hit very hard, you can safely play KP's cheap black (too bad this cost can't be reduced). 

I normally hate that KP removes 3 CD's from the board, but when you have so many out there it seems to be more worth the AP to pull it off. 
    These two normally have too much color overlap for me to consider playing them together, but with any blue-green user they are really making me consider this combo more often.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since he's required for the latest Galactus event, I pulled him out of storage and used him with Thanos as a meat shield.  On a wave node, his Thug Pistol killed off one of the enemy goons, which triggered Court Death and stunned everyone.  The next thing that happened was that another one of his Maggia Pawns countdowns hit zero, setting off another Thug Pistol (killing someone else, and triggering Court Death again.)

Are his Maggia pawn tokens supposed to continue counting down after he's stunned?  Or is this a bug that nobody has noticed before because nobody uses Kingpin?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since he's required for the latest Galactus event, I pulled him out of storage and used him with Thanos as a meat shield.  On a wave node, his Thug Pistol killed off one of the enemy goons, which triggered Court Death and stunned everyone.  The next thing that happened was that another one of his Maggia Pawns countdowns hit zero, setting off another Thug Pistol (killing someone else, and triggering Court Death again.)

Are his Maggia pawn tokens supposed to continue counting down after he's stunned?  Or is this a bug that nobody has noticed before because nobody uses Kingpin?
    I don't see any reason they shouldn't keep counting down just because Kingpin is stunned. Once they are out in the field they are independent of him, they have flown the coop and are ready to put into practice what they learned at the Taskmaster's Academy for henchmen from the 1920's.

I actually played 4* Deadpool with Kingy as I felt a bit sorry for his goons when I had to ruthlessly sacrifice them for some finger jabbing. It feels more humane to dispose of Deadpool's countdowns which are just naughty tricks.

Of course the next time Muscle pulls out hisTommy Gun I might change my mind.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

Fisk 5/5/3
    4* Cyclops 5/3/5
    A good green power (I usually go with Rogue)

with Fisk and Cyke boosted during simulator, I got to see how they work together and gentlemen, I think we’ve got our first good match with Fisk. 

The key is Cyclops Uncanny Strategist, constantly being on the field and loaded. It’s stupid easy to get 5 yellow AP when combined with Fisk’s purple power. The Fisk Defense at 5, gets you 8 yellow and a match gives you 10+ yellow. It costs 8 to activate and 8 black to fire Wilson’s Gambit. His black may not do more damage than Carol’s or Ghost Rider’s or F4st’s but it does good damage and is easier to resupply. Especially when you run Rogue and the opponents strongest color is black. 

Meanwhile Cyclops supplies himself to hit hard (and hits hard) while setting the table for Fisk. I love Rogue to hold the opponent down and gain more AP for them both. Thinking about for 5* Ghost Rider would work with his really good green. 
    Yeah, I tried a lot of different teams, nothing was quite clicking. Champed Cyclops-- and Cyclops really does make a world of a difference as a partner for Kingpin, really helps him be so much more effective. Funnily enough, my Kingpin is higher level than Cyke, so Cyke's yellow actually feeds back into Kingpin's black which he can then use to blow up the cd. Either way, very good synergy.
    I also like Domino as a third: more black tiles and if you don't like the current board, just cause a big board shake with green.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

Was it all on the same turn?  When a character is stunned during the countdown resolution stage, their countdowns will still countdown for that turn.  See 3* Iron Man for comparison.