Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Comments

• MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    @Brigby curious if the VIP rewards will be updated with a new costume during this event. It’s only been since Jan 4th that Doc Ock has been here.  Great time to update this with a new Avengers Costume. 
    While I’d like a new costume, I’ve been really enjoying the free 500 HP every month. I probably wouldn’t be offended if it never cycled.
  • soprano1
    soprano1 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Ok, so....this may be a stupid question. If the champ rewards are being updated and I am sitting on a level 281 4* Marvel, do I get the 5* cover that I would have gotten at 280 or do I just miss out on it and have to wait for the next champ reward level? 
  • soprano1
    soprano1 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Thank you! 👍👍
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    If strange does finally get a feeder please let it be Mordo
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd just like to say a quick thank you for the Cinema Showdown selection screens.
     In 12 Days of Marvel Xmas i had to play Guess Who with my roster sometimes, when i wasnt sure a chatacter would qualify.
    This time everyone else is locked out, making it perfectly obvious who all can or cant be used. I find this to be a massive QoL improvement, so Thank You!!
    Well, in 12-Days, you had a Required Affiliation, but that was the center character. Partners could be others, so the roster wasn’t on lockdown. The UI could still be improved for something like that if the spot picked would only show characters available for that slot rather than the entire roster (my God, please implement this for Combined Forces).
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Oh great, another newer 5* given a feeder. Would be incredibly nice to finish some of the older ones devs! My Dr Strange has probably sat at 2/5/5 for a year now with no way to get that final cover other than through RNG. I pull from classics regularly and in a year still haven't got lucky. All the older 5*s NEED feeders too! 
    Who said that was the only "feeder" we're doing this celebration? ;)
    @Brigby you are defenitely lifting my hopes up...please, don't let me down  :D
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    C4rol will be the Cinematic Showdown reward on Saturday, correct?
    If so, my lvl 279 C4rol will miss the getting to 280 by one stinkin' day before she becomes a feeder.
     :'( 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If so, my lvl 279 C4rol will miss the getting to 280 by one stinkin' day before she becomes a feeder.
    How is your 3* marvel? (mine is in the 190s so...) lol. My own C4rol is at 292, but I'm highly doubtful I'll pull down 8 covers in the next 3 days
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got $50? There’s a bundle. Yeah, I know it’s not the best suggestion. Like the above said,  check your 2 and 3* Marvels to see if they are close and set your Bonus Heroes. I got one 4* BH to drop and Champed my 3* with saved covers to hit the next LT.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    How is your 3* marvel? (mine is in the 190s so...) lol. My own C4rol is at 292, but I'm highly doubtful I'll pull down 8 covers in the next 3 days
    C3rol is at lvl 247. Won't get to 265 before Friday. Good thought, though.
    zodiac339 said:
    Got $50? There’s a bundle. Yeah, I know it’s not the best suggestion. Like the above said,  check your 2 and 3* Marvels to see if they are close and set your Bonus Heroes. I got one 4* BH to drop and Champed my 3* with saved covers to hit the next LT.
    Sorry, $50 just isn't an option. It just wouldn't give me enough value.

I was just looking forward to the thought of finally getting a 280 LLT from a likely-chosen feeder before they actually became a feeder. That has never happened to me yet. I have a few 4*s who were already feeders BEFORE I got them to 280 and I have two other 4*s who are at 280+ but are not yet feeders (Riri and Iceman, neither seem like good feeder candidates at this time) , but I've never gotten the "free" LLT from "beating" the feeder to 280.

Oh well... at least I'll still get the C5rol reward, even if it is only 1 day "late". That will put her at 2/2/1.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh great, another newer 5* given a feeder. Would be incredibly nice to finish some of the older ones devs! My Dr Strange has probably sat at 2/5/5 for a year now with no way to get that final cover other than through RNG. I pull from classics regularly and in a year still haven't got lucky. All the older 5*s NEED feeders too! 
    Yikes. I can't relate to waiting a year, but my 3/3/5 Str5nge agrees and is just waiting for a feeder to make his day. Here's hoping Brigby's cryptic comment isn't just red herring 
    Thats the thing with RNG, you're either lucky or you're not. I've got multiple covers for other 5*s in that time, but not a thing for Strange. 

Hopefully, Brigby's comments mean Strange is coming. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    C3rol is at lvl 247. Won't get to 265 before Friday. Good thought, though.
    zodiac339 said:
    Sorry, $50 just isn't an option.

It just wouldn't give me enough value. I was just looking forward to the thought of finally getting a 280 LLT from a likely-chosen feeder before they actually became a feeder. That has never happened to me yet. I have a few 4*s who were already feeders BEFORE I got them to 280 and I have two other 4*s who are at 280+ but are not yet feeders (Riri and Iceman, neither seem like good feeder candidates at this time) , but I've never gotten the "free" LLT from "beating" the feeder to 280. Oh well... at least I'll still get the C5rol reward, even if it is only 1 day "late".
    I'd try setting Carol as your 4* BH and hope to get lucky with a heroic token between now and then.  I actually keep a supply of heroic tokens for just this occasion, though it's probably not worth doing that since the odds of actually pulling a BH in this way are pretty rough.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVP tokens have historically been really good sources of 4* bonus heroes for me post-latest odds. If you have loads of hp around, you could attempt that.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    So stoked as C4rol is my highest 4* at 341. My 2/0/2 C5rol will love the 4 additional covers
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I managed to drag my 4* Carol over lvl320 by setting her as the BH and opening a Heroic 10-pack I still had in hand, then setting my 3* Carol to BH and opening some Elite tokens to get her to lvl265 (and the 4* cover that comes from her champ rewards at that point). My 4* BH options are generally chosen by who's approaching a threshold (280, 300, 320), trying to sneak them over the line in case a champ rewards update arrives. I find it ridiculous that they continue to drip these things out at the pace of an arthritic turtle, but while they continue to do so I'm going to try to double up on as many of the rewards as possible.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    So do this mean that the iso isn’t doubled in the lightning rounds?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    So do this mean that the iso isn’t doubled in the lightning rounds?
    Correct