Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait, why is the event Ultron and not the Thanos boss?

I love the Thanos boss ;.;
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Sounds pretty great!
    Those 41 Item vaults for 3.7k are sweet value!
    double iso!! 
    Dev Q&A: whhhaaaaaaaaa?!!??!
    Free tokens are free tokens!  i'll be grateful for a free token cuz MCU n stuff
    Boss event for a release is so much nicer than grinding Meet R&G for T100 
    Peter Porker Yellow? YES!!!!
    Cool loading screen
    Gamora is a great pick thematically and is good for 4* transitioners , The best stun in the game(bobby maaaaybe). boss killing mechanic and a hard red beat 
    Shield Training with classics is a fun(accessible) way to earn thanos
    NEW PvE!!! 
    Plus Lolipops!!!

misses: Why Ultron? No mad Titan concurrently, 2 more 4*'s to the great dilution,  feeder. singular. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Added new dev video

Week 2 brings some awesome new content, as well as the battle-ready Thanos, and here are some of the developers to talk a bit more about it: MARVEL Puzzle Quest - Avengers: Endgame Dev Q&A
    I appreciate the video, but maybe call it announcement video not Q&A.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. New game modes similar to Kaecilius are always welcomed. I think it could be tricky to balance the difficulty between a 3-5 years vets and a 1-2 year old players because vets would have most of the tools at their fingertips. However, I think it could be something that happens once or twice per month with no placement. If it occurs too often, it might turn this game into MPQ Candy Crush. To make it more challenging, any retreat would automatically reward the player a loss and a countdown timer could be implemented to prevent retreating and entering to get a good board.

2. Adding a new story mode into prologue would be similar to injecting a shot of adrenaline that wears off quickly. They could made it replayable but the rewards are going to be terrible or there won't be any rewards after the first run.

3. As for generosity, things will become boring or it will be something "expected to happen". After a few celebrations, it will be nothing "special". I wonder how they can outdo the previous celebrations while keeping things exciting for the vets, while not making things easy for the newer players?

4. A survey specific to each celebration would be nice to understand how satisfied the players generally are.

I think the devs have outdone themselves by coming up with three new events before the first half of the year. Based on previous trends, they had only one new PvE early in the year for the past two or three years and another 2 near the third quarter of the year.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait, why is the event Ultron and not the Thanos boss?

I love the Thanos boss ;.;

Ultron had his own Movie, you know. The Back to the Beginning vault represents the first Avengers Movie, the boss event the second. Maybe we will get something related to Infinity War soon...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Surprise, surprise the HFH cover for Strange isn't a blue. 

Please, for god's sake, let the 4* feeder be for Strange. I've been trying to finish this guy for yonks now! 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Surprise, surprise the HFH cover for Strange isn't a blue. 

Please, for god's sake, let the 4* feeder be for Strange. I've been trying to finish this guy for yonks now! 
    It's not exactly a surprise. It's a pattern, first power was offered in January 2018, second in July 2018, now we're up to the third one. Could have told you this cover was going to be yellow months and months ago. Next one will be blue, but that'll be NEXT spring/summer (2020) most likely.

Though I agree with you, I hope we get a Strange feeder as well, mine is 0/5/3, and even one blue cover would be a nice step towards finishing him.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Game says that cap marvel 4* will be a champion reward update on Thursday but doesn’t say who for 

I’d guess it will be captain marvel 5* but would love it to be Dr strange 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The money is sitting that this will be a 4* CM to 5* CM feeder.  The next question will there be anymore feeders for this event?  
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It will surely be 5* Carol who 4* Carol will give rewards for. I live in hope that they will surprise us with more feeders, though.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The money is sitting that this will be a 4* CM to 5* CM feeder.  The next question will there be anymore feeders for this event?  
    Can you imagine how on fire this place will be if C4rol ends up feeding Banner?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    That’s what I said!!!!!  And now they added a sale too for Cap Mar 4*.  Tbh I will just laugh and laugh if they do that, won’t even be mad.  
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    That’s what I said!!!!!  And now they added a sale too for Cap Mar 4*.  Tbh I will just laugh and laugh if they do that, won’t even be mad.  
    Sad part is that my C4rol is 358 and I’m considering the purchase so I can get the bonus LT.  But my money stays in my wallet until @Brigby says what the reward update is.
  • zippee
    zippee Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    pheregas said:
    I wouldn't mind hopefully it would mean they are finally going to fix Banner hulk. (Hopefully)
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took about a month off the game....came back because all of the EndGame trailers and hype around this movie got me curious to see what MPQ was gonna do about it. My expectations weren't high after what they did for Infinity War, so it's hard for me to be disappointed that this isn't really offering much more. I'll take the free stuff like usual and go on about my day. 

New Character - I really didn't care for another Thanos, but playing the game for 2 years, it's not much of a shocker to see them release 3, 4, and 5-star versions of prominent MCU characters. I can't honestly think of anyone who makes more sense for Endgame, to be fair. We already have multiple versions of the Avengers that will likely be prominent in this film. I'm quite happy that he was a boss event release (though Ultron didn't quite make sense to me), and that his SHIELD Training featured characters that I had long ago champed. The month I took off left me short of 3 4-star characters (Magik, Namor, Talos) so to not need either for that was quite a pleasant surprise. 

Vaults - Doesn't look like they really changed much here, which is the least surprising of all this to me. I'll take the free tokens and pull what I pull. While I don't really buy the HFH deals or spend CP on the special store, a part of me was hoping that the characters offered would be more....desirable. First Avenger Cap and IM46 are dinosaurs in today's 5-star game, and P5ter Parker shines best with characters that aren't 5-stars. They've been at the center of Marvel's most beloved movies however, so thematically it makes sense. 

New Events - While I appreciate that the "12 Days of Marvel" format allows you to get some pretty nice 4-star covers for a relatively small amount of work, a part of me was hoping that the side events would be a little more engaging. With 10+ years of material to work with, I absolutely loved the thought of them creating nodes themed after some of the MCU's most climactic battles. I would have loved to see this turned into a gauntlet-style event, or something like Support Circuit (so we can ya know, take advantage of that double iso?  ;)), but again, I'll take the "free" covers. The Infinite Pursuit event will hopefully be a nice surprise, but I get the feeling it will be formatted like those Alliance Events where a certain number of people need to do "Hard" or "Medium" nodes each day to earn all rewards. 

I'm a little frustrated that it's still not any easier to cover newer 4-star characters/older 5-star characters with pack odds, but I can't expect something like that to have changed with only a month off. Dilution continues to get worse, and that's certainly not going anywhere in this current format. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Huh. Yeah, for half of the "double-iso week", the PvEs running offer regular iso amounts. I'm sad at that.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited April 2019
    Options
    *Added additional info to Week 2 content