Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’d read it as singular since he used a singular noun, and used plural elsewhere.  And given d3 track record of late with feeders, we should be thrilled with 1 since it’s been 3 months since the last one.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If we're going to wildly overanalyze things, one update can include multiple characters.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    Don't be sorry, week 1 is a total failure and history says the rest will be just as bad. Of course, hope i'm wrong, but probably won't be. If D3 wants some positivity they will have to earn it.
    This all the way. D3 has just too many bridges. I have zero faith in them to deliver anything other new characters, money grab costume or cover packs, and some recycled villian pve. 

We'll get a feeder(s), but that the selection of that feeder is absolutely important. 

I quickly need to have some reasons to WANT to spend my money on this game. 

This start ain't helping that. Even merely having double iso (and I'm post-iso) would have said "we're trying, Guys."
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    R176 is live on iOS.  
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Showdown Begins With Avengers: Endgame!
    MARVEL Puzzle Quest celebrates the release of Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame as we bring to life your favorite characters inspired by the movie
    These new Marvel characters include an all-around ferocious 4-star Thanos (Endgame) coming 4/18! And don’t miss an all-new 4-star Hawkeye (Ronin) coming soon! Additionally, we’ll have an Endgame-themed, limited-time only Vault 4/25 - 4/30.
    Look out for two brand-new events:
    CINEMA SHOWDOWNS STARTS 4/22
    Every day for 9 days a new mission is available featuring a key fight inspired by the Marvel films.
    INFINITE PURSUIT STARTS 4/25
    Join forces with your favorite Avengers to stop Thanos from completing the Infinity Gauntlet!!
    Be sure to check out Marvel Insider for more freebies. Earn Insider points and redeem them for MARVEL Puzzle Quest rewards!!
    Don’t miss Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame in theatres April 26th!!
    Have a blast at the movie and best of luck in the MARVEL Puzzle Quest events!!
    Thanks for playing MARVEL Puzzle Quest!!
    - The MARVEL Puzzle Quest Team!

Just got this in my e-mail. Apologies if formatting is funky. New events noted and the next 4*
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    R176 is live on iOS.  
    Cinema Showdowns. I wonder if we’ll get Chitauri minions for battle of New York?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    R176 is live on iOS.  
    Cinema Showdowns. I wonder if we’ll get Chitauri minions for battle of New York?
    That would be pretty sweet...  But I wouldn't put it past them to have a massive Ultron-bot wave followed by a jacked Ultron-Prime.

So, just theorizing, but if Ultron is one of them, what would the other 8 be?

My guesses:

1) Thor versus Hela
    2) Cap versus Hydra
    3) Iron Man versus Ultron (see above)
    4) Panther versus Killmonger
    5) Antman versus Goons
    6) Widow versus Goons (IM2 introduction version)
    7) Spiderman versus Vulture
    8) Hulk versus Ultron bots
    9) Wanda/Vision versus Children of Thanos

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    R176 is live on iOS.  
    That would be pretty sweet...  But I wouldn't put it past them to have a massive Ultron-bot wave followed by a jacked Ultron-Prime.

My guesses:

1) Thor versus Hela
    2) Cap versus Hydra
    5) Antman versus Goons

Hope they don’t force 1v1s there. Versus Hela sounds right. Versus Winter Soldier for Winter Soldier. The Ant Man battles probably won’t be considered key. There are a lot of main villains missing: Red Skull, Ronan, Ego, Killmonger. Well, let’s look forward to how they present these key battles.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    R176 is live on iOS.  

My guesses:

1) Thor versus Hela
    2) Cap versus Hydra
    5) Antman versus Goons

Hope they don’t force 1v1s there. Versus Hela sounds right. Versus Winter Soldier for Winter Soldier. The Ant Man battles probably won’t be considered key. There are a lot of main villains missing: Red Skull, Ronan, Ego, Killmonger. Well, let’s look forward to how they present these key battles.
    I don’t want to be negative but I wonder if this will be the rehash of 12 days of Christmas format.  1 battle a day and that’s it.  
  • Punter1
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I don’t want to be negative but I wonder if this will be the rehash of 12 days of Christmas format.  1 battle a day and that’s it.  

That's what it reads like to me.  Single node daily for Cinema Showdown. 

Infinite Pursuit sounds like a new PVE.  Hopefully with some of the lessons learned and implemented with the Cap M one that had single play loaner nodes etc.

2 new 4s and a new PVE don't exactly fill me with joy.  I'm almost at 1900 days, I don't think any big exciting changes are coming so not sure how much further I'll make it.

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    R176 is live on iOS.  

My guesses:

1) Thor versus Hela
    2) Cap versus Hydra
    5) Antman versus Goons

Then don't be negative. 12 days is a good one node a day thing for good rewards.

I thought we liked 12 days. Am I wrong?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    tiomono said: 
    Then don't be negative. 12 days is a good one node a day thing for good rewards.

Yeah, "12 Days.." gave 3 x 4* covers and 11,250 Iso-8 for 12 (non-wave) nodes of work.  It's hard to find better bang for your buck in this game, except perhaps Crash of the Mad Titans, which is also always welcome [hint hint, devs ;) ].
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    tiomono said:
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    R176 is live on iOS.  

My guesses:

1) Thor versus Hela
    2) Cap versus Hydra
    5) Antman versus Goons

I wasn’t being negative but 1 node a day doesn’t get me excited for a “celebration”. Let’s see something new and unique not a rehash of an old event that is just re skinned.   Just my opinion is all. .  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Added some details for Week 2
  • Punter1
    edited April 2019
    Options
    KGB said:

I suspect *many* players were hoping for MUCH bigger changes to the game. Not necessarily 6* characters but big shakeups to the game itself:

Yup - MUCH bigger changes would be great.  Can't say I'm surprised that we just get the same as usual.  

Would love UI changes and updates to the general grind, but don't see it coming.  I'm old in game days and cynical now.  I'd love to be surprised somehow, add something game changing for such a big event.  The game is stale at the 5* level and needs a refresh.  Any or all of KGB suggestions are  a great way to start or add something brand new that we're not expecting.  

As it is I think this will be my own end-game.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    wymtime said:
    wymtime said:
    Brigby said:
    wymtime said:
    So does this mean latest legendaries will not update until tomorrow? Brigby
    That's correct. Hela will be entering Latest Legends tokens tomorrow after the build update.
    Sadness.  Can we get sent an in game lollipop to make all the hoarders feel better?
    Didnt you just get a free vault token? :)
    (I fully agree with the sadness though)
    A lollipop would be different.  It does not need to give me a reward or a cover just a lollipop to make me feel better like when you were a kid and went to the dentist.  
    Thank you I feel much better now.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All Iso-8 from event rewards, starting Monday 4/22 to Sunday 4/28, will give double Iso-8!

YES.
    I was hoping for that! I have a milion things to level that are all hungry for iso, this will help a bit.