Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Bad: Decided to play SCL9 Venom Bomb, instantly regretted it upon taking my 2 cover Kingpin into the 5E with no champed 5* or workable Gritty...he isn't even really much of a meat shield. :(

The Good: I won a fight against the monstrously scaled Moonstone + buddies (her health was at least twice my highest characters and even after I killed her there was still a 50k+ space monster next) Just one, mind you...

The Bit of Both: Decided I need more Champed 4* back-up to try and beat that 5E, chose Lockjaw. Yeah...that didn't go well...at least my Son was happy about the "fat dog" getting the iso...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    The Good: Against all odds I pulled a Master Support token from the vault on my 8th pull overall :)

The Bad: Of course now that Master tokens award Rank 3 supports that's exactly what I got  :(

Bit of Both: It was a support I didn't have yet but it was only Korg who is essentially useless at anything other than Rank 5 (even that's questionable) so it's not that big a deal it was only Rank 3.

KGB
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Good: back to back Kingpins! 

Bit of Both: a 5* followed by a 4*

The Bad: back to back Kingpins... 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    The Good: back to back Kingpins! 

Bit of Both: a 5* followed by a 4*

The Bad: back to back Kingpins... 
    Your unfortunate luck yet clever phrasing made me chuckle.

Thank you 😃😃
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something Bad: I didn't manage to get the HP I wanted to pick up a 40-pack from the Namor and Friends Vault.
    The Good: I still have nearly 9000 HP
    A Bit of Both: I got the Namor cover in the Vault with one of the Tokens from the last sub. But I'd miscalculated and it wasn't quite enough to get him through one more Shield Training node.
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    I have a tendency to have extreme polarity when it comes to luck.

Something Good: I open 10 Standard Tokens and pull a 3* with a BH.

Something Bad: I open Heroic 10-packs and get 9 2*s and 1 3*.

A Bit of Both: I open Legend Tokens trying to cover my 4*s and I do not get any 4* or 5* BH. That being said, I am getting above average odds on 5*s, even if they're all 1-2 covers each.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Good: Got a God Doom on my fifth pull of a mini-hoard, bringing me down to a total of 4 5-star characters left to roster.

The bad: Sold a champed Thanos last week to get the ISO to champ Iceman, and Thanos is now a boosted character this week. That two-cover dupe aint going to do enough against the Sinister Six...

A bit of both: Earned my bonus ISO from S.H.I.E.L.D. Level and used it to champ a 2-star instead of throwing that towards my 4-star climbing to 270 or even level my 5-stars appropriately. Of course, I always have someone climbing to Level 270, but I probably should have dumped the ISO on a 5-star that could be required before the next PVE that isn't a team event...
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulled my support vault tokens from progression/placement.  Got the 3 star support!

It's the one 3 star support I already had...

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The bad: Sold a champed Thanos last week to get the ISO to champ Iceman, and Thanos is now a boosted character this week. That two-cover dupe aint going to do enough against the Sinister Six...
    I made that mistake with 3* Carol a while back. Now I don't sell the max-champed version until the dupe is ready to champ. Even at this point in the game, single-cover 3* Essentials are kind of a drag.
    On the plus side, 3* Thanos is kind of useless except in the side Missions anyhow. Court Death doesn't matter in 1-person Waves.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The good: pull a 5 star

The better: Ooooh I’m getting a bonus 5 star! I hope it’s my 13th Thor cover!!

The best: It IS 5Thor!!!

The RNG Crushing Reality: Bonus 5Thor yellow....which I already have 5 covers in. ☹️

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The good:
    Champ 5*Spidey

The better:
    LT gave my first GE Doom

The meh:
    I had already entered Strange sights at SCL 6, thinking I would never obtain GE Doom who is 5e

Oh well...
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dokiy said:

The RNG Crushing Reality: Bonus 5Thor yellow....which I already have 5 covers in. ☹️

Wait, what?! You were...surprised...that it was Thor? Do you not have Thor, or any other 5*, set as your Favourite???
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    dokiy said:

Wait, what?! You were...surprised...that it was Thor? Do you not have Thor, or any other 5*, set as your Favourite???
    I do have 5Thor as my favorite yes, but Grandpa always said don’t let small details get in the way of a good story. 
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    dokiy said:
    JSP869 said:
    dokiy said:

I do have 5Thor as my favorite yes, but Grandpa always said don’t let small details get in the way of a good story. 
    Next time just lie and say you had two 5-stars as your favourite. Grandpa is right.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dokiy said:
    JSP869 said:
    dokiy said:

It was/is a good story :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Bad: I missed playing so much of Hearts of Darkness at the beginning that I didn't bother.

The Meh: Missing out on iso means that I'll probably have to use reserves to champ Nova.

The Good: Not playing MPQ meant instead that I had time to murder people on Hitman (they all deserved it of course).
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beat Carnage to get a LT which turned into a GEDoom which I didn't have yet. I tried getting into the top 100 in SCL8 to get Magik. Unfortunately I failed in that respect, getting to 119 falling about 2000 points short. If I had GEDoom from the start I would be rostering Magic right now.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Felt obligated to pull the few CP I had in Fan Favourites, hoping for my final Kitty cover (from 4/3/5).

Started with 174 CP, got 6 x 4* from the pulls.
    Did the DDQ for another 2 CP, got a 5* on the next pull!
    Green Thor, making him 2/0/0

It is 5Thor's most meta power, but would have rather pulled a Kitty cover, or even my first Okoye cover, or even a new Thor power instead...but I'll keep trying with whatever I earn over the next 5 days (hint: it won't be much..)
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Loosie said:
    Beat Carnage to get a LT which turned into a GEDoom which I didn't have yet. I tried getting into the top 100 in SCL8 to get Magik. Unfortunately I failed in that respect, getting to 119 falling about 2000 points short. If I had GEDoom from the start I would be rostering Magic right now.
    If you had played SCL7, you'd probably have Magik. If you don't have the 5E you miss a lot of points in SCL8, but a lot less in SCL7. You get some fewer other rewards along the way, but as said you'd end up with Magik. I managed without have GED.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meh - My token from the Magik and Friends vault got me a Beginner Support

Good - It was a 4-star!  First time I've pulled one of those from a Beginner.

Bad - A duplicate of the 4-star Cull Obsidian...the one that is still sitting at LVL 1 since I just got him from the Support Circuit vault a couple of days ago.

Well played, RNG.  Well played.