Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

Options

Comments

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With Namor featured in the new pve, I figured this was as good a time as any to finish the current shield simulator for an additional cover of his.

I started today at about 1400 points and easily reached 1970 points only getting hit once. At that point there was absolutely nothing but teams of Kitty, Grocket and 1. Usually Bishop, but occasionally Medusa. I literally skipped over 100 teams before deciding to play it safe and put up a 3 hour shield. I have never ever used a shield in the shield sim before, but this was ridiculous.

Over the next few hours I would occasionally pop in, skip a few, see the same teams, and log out again. Finally I had 2 fights I liked lined up, and 2 more that I didn't, but least they were different.
    First fight was for 37 points. That should do it. Win! 21 points. Ugh. Hate that kitty.
    Second fight for 35 points. Win and not hit!

46 wins to 2000 points. Think that is the fewest it has taken me. Now done with the simulator for the season. Feel free to hit my Thor, Jessica, Bishop team if you see it. It should be worth decent points for a day or so, and it won't be retaliated.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Good: As of Thursday, the only major ISO needs on my roster were fully covered 3* dupes of Angel and Gambit. It was gonna cost 254,838 to champ both of them, and I had about 260K ISO on hand. 

I did it.

After almost three years, I was going to be ISO positive.

The Bad: This was also the day that 5* Captain Marvel released. I was gonna pull until I got one cover for her. 

Bit of Both: I went 6/16 (37.5 percent) to get the CM cover. Silver Surfer went from 2/3/2 to 3/3/4; Star-Lord went from 1/1/1 to 1/3/1. I love getting better coverage on my classics... but I hate using the ISO to level them up. 

So after softcapping the three of them, I'm back to needing about 150K to start being ISO positive. Somedays it feels like it will never actually happen. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Good: Made a late, last minute climb in Fly-Fight-Win to hit 900+ points and get the Riri cover. Long story here in Best MPQ Moment of the Day.

The Bit of Both: Finished T50, netting me two Patch covers.

The Bad: I finished #26 with 919 points. Not so bad? I was just 4 points behind #25 at 923 points. This isn't really a Bad. For finishing #26 I still got two Patch covers plus the other goodies, and as I said in my Long Story (link above) "It's only a game" :smiley:
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good: Spent 25CP and got a Purple token.

Meh: It's Fatpin.

Meh + Good: it's my first Green cover for him, so he's at 6/2/1, and can finally deal some guaranteed damage (assuming the Repeater survives).

Bad: It's Fatpin.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Have Daredevil as my lone 5* BH as I don't have him yet and he's the 5* Required. Decided to take a gamble and pay 100 in the vault to pray for the LT token. Sure enough I got it!

Ok now for gamble #2. The LT token, turned out to be a War Hammer. BUT!!! IT was a Champ level that got me another LT. Ok round 2 on the LT Token...saved Black Blade :( BUT!!! BH for of Yellow Miles! That was enough to champ him and I had 5 saved covers! Another LT token!!! One final time! Grocket Yellow.... Oh well.

Still a decent chained haul.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The good: The free token for the Higher Faster Further vault gave me the Nick Fury cover.

The bad: I really wanted the 4* Captain Marvel cover too. Had to Clean out the vault to get it.

The inbetween: Doing so gave me enough 3* Captain Marvel covers that she will drop Another 4* cover soon. That will likely be the first cover for my first fourstar dupe.

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The Bad: Being burnt out with work and new baby I haven't been reaching anything close to 4 clears so often just picking up the 4* and finishing there for the past month now.

In between: As a result of the above I've been HP starved for a while so haven't been picking up the daily deals.But not short of roster slots because haven't been picking up any one new.

The Good: I've been extremely lucky with the pulls I do have. Get free token for Higher, Faster, Stronger - picked up 4* Carol. First token of Cosmic Chaos - picked up the LT. Most recent taco vault - picked up 4* Rouge. Some other events caused me to get LTs and I picked up 5* from them too. So actual 4*/5* output hasn't been affected that much by the burn out.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good - Seeing a Nice, Shiny match-5 right at the start of the Kitty/Rocket/Thing node. Hooray!

Bad - Matching those five nice, blue tiles right away, triggering the critical...and then realizing I forgot to put Thing out in front.  He rectifies the situation, and creates enough special tiles for Kitty to start boosting on *their* first turn.  Boo!

Meh - Next turn I got enough blue AP to stun Kitty with 5trange, so the boosting stopped.  Still took a lot more damage than I should have, though.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Pulled a unicorn bonus 5*, starting with JJ black. Crossed my fingers hoping for a yellow or purple Kitty to fully cover her and make her my first 5* champ.

Nope, another red. Now 2 saved covers.

At least I don't have to decide (yet) whether to cover swap 3 for 1 to get there.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Good: With my Advanced Support token from being CL9 T25 for the season, I pulled my first Support above Rank 3.

The Bad: It was Rank 4 Taskmaster's Sword. The first perk is dealing extra damage to Heroes. There are about three PvEs I can think of where that will be useful: Prodigal Sun, Simulator, and Cosmic Chaos. The second perk is dealing extra damage when the supported character fires powers. I tend to run Gritty/Thano5, so not a lot of powers fired there. I could put it on Thano5 for Court Death, but he currently has Hydra Henchmen, which sometimes fortifies the strikes.

Bit if Both: Ummmm... it was a Support I didn't have yet? That's about all I've got. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got Taskmaster's Sword yesterday, too.
    It was only Rank 3, but there's very little difference between Rank 3 and 4.

I put it on Riri because I play her a decent amount (especially vs Bosses) and she actually has 3 active powers to benefit from it.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4* BH out of a heroic... Another yellow Rocket so he's 0/7/5...  Can I get a freaking blue cover!?
  • Quebbster
    Options

Got an Advanced support token from the Support Circuit vault. First time I got anything better than Beginner token from there. And it was a fourstar support too! I only have two fourstar supports! (I did get a third that was a dupe though. That was fun.)

...the Stepford Cuckoos? That seems... pretty useless even at the fourstar levels.

• Quebbster
    Options

To follow up on my previous post...

The good: Two fourstar supports from Beginner Support tokens!

The bad: Hope Summers and Wasp Gauntlets...

The meh: I suppose Wasp Gauntlets could be good on God Emperor Doom. Pity I only have a single cover for him so far, and I have not decided if I want to chase him once Hela enters the token pool.

• sambrookjm
    Options
    Quebbster said:

The meh: I suppose Wasp Gauntlets could be good on God Emperor Doom. Pity I only have a single cover for him so far, and I have not decided if I want to chase him once Hela enters the token pool.

How's your Old Man Logan?  I've got maxed out LVL 3 Wasp Gauntlets equipped to him, and it helps his healing dramatically.  He'll likely tank Blue with them on if you don't have another blue user on your team.  Best of all, they don't get in the way of his claws, even though they really should...thematically speaking, anyway.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster said:

How's your Old Man Logan?  I've got maxed out LVL 3 Wasp Gauntlets equipped to him, and it helps his healing dramatically.  He'll likely tank Blue with them on if you don't have another blue user on your team.  Best of all, they don't get in the way of his claws, even though they really should...thematically speaking, anyway.

Both OML and 5* Daredevil are champed, so both are possible candidates. I was mostly looking for someone who could make good use of the bonus blue damage too, that's why Doom caught my Eye.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The Hulk event felt like it was taking forever....
    Though we quite enjoyed mowing PVE with a speedy transformed Banner (Atlantis Support w/ Vulture hiding behind tanking). It was very fitting with the storyline  :)
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bagman PVP with my champed Gritty team. Went up against Carndusa and decided to try taking out Carnage first for a quicker win (when I usually target Medusa to avoid hair meddle / strike stealing)

An unlucky board later, strikes are matched, strikes are stolen, enemy attacks are everywhere, and my Kitty & their Medusa are down.

Held on for the win with Grocket 300 health, Bagman ~200.

But, would have wiped if I hadn't used my newly champed Bagman who has more health than the loaner.

Earned the Bagman progression cover! But still not very exciting :)
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Good - My son got a 2-star to 3-star to 4-star  progression from a Standard Token.

Meh - 2-star Widow to 3-star Widow to Fury's yellow, putting his Fury at 5/3/4

You gotta be kidding me - The XP from that train put him at 3899/3900 for the next Shield Rank.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Something bad: Did not have enough CP to pull ftom the new Legends store.
    Something good: Had 20 CP to pull one classic LT and pulled one of the three 5-stars from that store.
    Something in between: It was Ghost Rider RR.