Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

Comments

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Not in general, but I'd like more GED covers before he leaves Latest. He's only 1//1/2.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Good: Pulled a 4* cover from a Strange Days token.
    The Bad: It was Mr. Fantastic.
    Bit of Both: A champ reward is a champ reward.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad - Taking three tries to get the win that I needed in the Mystique event to get the Heroic Token.  The boards and matches were not friendly.

Good - The Heroic token ended up being a 4-star.

Meh - It was Jubilee
  • sambrookjm
    Meh - A heroic token for the Alliance, thanks to our placement in the latest PvE round.

Good - My son got a 4-star *and* a 4-star bonus hero out of the token.

Bad - The token was a Yellow Fury token for his 5/2/4.  The Bonus Hero was a red Elektra for his 5/3/4.  Both covers went into the saved bucket.  (She's the bonus hero so she can get champed.  This was her 4th red saved cover, and Fury's second.)
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I've hoarded LLs and CP since I started playing and only opened tokens to stores like Iceman's.

The good: my ninth ever pull, eligible to net a five star, got me my first!
    The bad: It was Archangel.
    RNG's final kick in the happysack: The other token was Elektra.

Anyone need some lottery numbers ;)
  • sambrookjm
    edited July 2019
    Good - After countless times of seeing the AI plop Prof X's invisibility tile down in a corner, I finally get to randomly place mine in the lower right corner.

Bad - Directly below and to the right of the AI's Scarlet Witch's countdown tile.

Meh - The Behemoth Burrito team is a low enough level that I won even with everyone being able to see Prof X.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Good: I got six out of the seven "big" rewards in the taco vault with my 216 tokens, and most of the HP. Hooray!
    The Bad: I didn't get the Ronin cover, which is specifically why I opened those tokens.
    The Meh: I guess I'll 12 more tries before the vault closes, if I earn all available tacos each day.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good: With the token from Punisher's store I got a Carnage with a bonus of my 13th cover of Bishop!!!

Bad: That 13th cover was my 6th blue cover. *sigh*

Bit of both: At least once I champ him I'll automatically get a legendary so that's cool. Also, the Carnage cover got me a cover for 5* Doc Ock. Ehh.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Decided to pull from the Higher Learning store until hitting a 5*. The hope was to get a PX before the last sub of Unstable Iso8 ended.

Fortunately that only took 3 pulls, and included a 4* bonus hero.
    Unfortunately it was a Banner, appropriately enough "The Other Guy" ability.
    At least that balanced him out at 3/3/3. Maybe someday I'll accidentally get him champed.
  • sambrookjm
    Good - Our Alliance reached Max Progression in the Apocalypse PvE, and I got a Prof X from the token.

Taunting - It was the 4-star Prof X.

Meh - It got him to LVL 298, which means only two more levels before I'd get a 5-star cover...if he fed one.

Taunting 2 - If only there was some logical character for a 4-star version of Professor X to supply with covers.  If only...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    The good: I actually hit 2000 in SHIELD Sim yesterday.

The 'bah' : it was just a Mysterio cover. 

The bad: at one point I skipped 30 straight Gritty teams, most (but not all, admittedly) including Bishop. Good grief. 
  • shardwick
    The good: I actually hit 2000 in SHIELD Sim yesterday.

The 'bah' : it was just a Mysterio cover. 

The bad: at one point I skipped 30 straight Gritty teams, most (but not all, admittedly) including Bishop. Good grief. 

Yeah, around 1800 it basically turns into a pick your poison of Bishops.

MPQ: Hi, how many health packs would you like to use after this match?

Zero.

MPQ: I'm sorry but all of the players around your score that don't use Bishop and/or Gritty either don't exist or are shielding. Perhaps you should try again at another time.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    After the Apocalypse event ended I started spending in the Higher Learning store with the intention of stopping after a 5*.
    First it took me 11 pulls to get me a Dr.Strange, but at least included a Mr.Fantastic BH putting him at 298. (Don't judge. It will make sense soon)
    Hoping to average out better, I kept pulling. This time it took 12 pulls but ended on a Banner with BH red Silver Surfer putting him at 4/4/4!
    At this point it must improve so I keep going. The very next pull was Xavier!

I had also been BHing 3* Black Panther and had 71 covers saved. My plan was to get 100 then champ and start over, but after vault pulls, it was time.

I leveled and champed BP resulting in 2 more MrF covers getting him to 300.
    The resulting SS allowed me to champ him just in time for Venom Bomb since I play in slice 5!
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    The bad: I accidentally healed the nearly full health ghost instead of my kitty who was on 95hp and entered a fight before I realised

The good: I successfully managed to avoid making a single match with kitty and kept her alive and happily buffing away and breaking circuits at the back and won the fight

The meh: used an extra health pack in the process
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    The good: I equipped my lvl 192 Talos with a support, threw in some boosts and i managed to beat Cap M5rvel. This was a standalone battle so, going to ...

The bad: I purposely went into a lighting round battle to remove the boosts I used in the fight against M5rvel, bc when i battle much later i tend to forget to remove them. But you guessed it, i forgot them now too. Goodbye to some of the most useful boosts (match damage)

The meh: the LT got me a Spider-Gwen token
  • shardwick
    The bad: Pretty much everyone and their mom is running Grocket teams in Black Vortex.

The good: Carol vs Carol matches and letting her have all of the blacks on the board.

The ugly: The look on her face when she realizes that she's down to a thousand health and just went Thanos on her own team.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    The good: I normally don't play PvE for placement, but I was hoping to get a cover for the new Torch, and it just so happened I had a 1-hour Lyft ride to the airport 1 hour before one of the subs was set to close. So I would be able to do optimal clears on sub 1 which was a 48-hour sub, greatly increasing my chances of getting that placement cover. And the trip was vacation so I'd be able to do optimal clears on every other sub!

The bad: Twenty minutes into the ride, the driver pulls over on the side of the highway. I ask him what's wrong and he turns and looks at me with totally bloodshot eyes and says, "I fell asleep." I ended up driving the rest of the way to the airport while he slept in the passenger seat, unable to make any additional clears.

The meh: I still ended the whole event in the top 100, and got the Torch cover. But he's still Torch who I don't think is breaking the meta, and it was another green, making my Torch 0/0/3.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    Opening some LT's today to get 1 Prof X cover for PvE.

The Good: My first 5* (10th pull) is Prof X (blue) *and* gives me a 5* BH!

The Bad: It's a Kitty Red which is unusable (I have her and Okoye bonused and the only color at 5 covers is Kittys Red which is also her worst power).

The Meh: In another year or so I might finish covering her and actually be able to use the BH.

Seriously, BH's are so rare esp in the 5* tier that they should be colorless or allow be a guaranteed usable cover for any non-champed 5*.

KGB
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:

Seriously, BH's are so rare esp in the 5* tier that they should be colorless or allow be a guaranteed usable cover for any non-champed 5*.

I’m in! Wish they’d make this change...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good: Almost beat a team with a god-boosted, champed Professor X in Daken's PvP.
    Bad: A turn away from finishing, Chuck cascaded into a massive pile of crits, including a six-in-a-row that just randomly dropped in like that. Whole team wiped in one Turn.
    Bit of Both: It was worth enough that I didn't lose any points from the loss. And I didn't get hit in the process.