Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

Options

Comments

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good - Gladiathor is boosted for the latest PvE, and I've got him champed.

Bad - He's *really* hard to get to 50% health when he starts with over 125K, even with lots of help from Thanos.

Meh - It's a first world MPQ problem that I'll deal with. :)
    Just go into a pve node with him and 2 characters that you don't use and retreat. Repeat 5 times and he should be at 51%.

I have own Thor problem. I picked up 2 more covers for him yesterday which pushed him hust ahead of his regular bodyguard Archangel. Now thor tanks purple and team up tiles.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good: Loki is my first fully covered 5*

Bad: Loki is my first fully covered 5*

Bit of both: I have no interest in champing him anytime soon but if I do then I'll have two champ levels so, yay?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:

Bad - He's *really* hard to get to 50% health when he starts with over 125K, even with lots of help from Thanos.

Just go into a pve node with him and 2 characters that you don't use and retreat. Repeat 5 times and he should be at 51%.

I have own Thor problem. I picked up 2 more covers for him yesterday which pushed him hust ahead of his regular bodyguard Archangel. Now thor tanks purple and team up tiles.
    Or just wait for a LVL 515 Muscle's Threaten tile to generate the strike tiles, which leads to a six match cascade.  That also does the trick...and it would have killed any other character on my roster.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:

The
     good:Archangel is essential next PvE so he will have a Hero for Hire offer.
    The bad: Paying 250 CP for Archangel is perhaps not terribly enticing.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The good: Pulling from the Family Legends store let me champ Black Bolt and get OML to 5/3/4 with two saved covers. 

The bad: Out of 65 4* covers from that store so far, not a single one has been Grocket, despite being one of the ones at increased odds. In fact, I think he's the only one at increased odds I haven't gotten at least one cover for. 

Bit of Both: I'm happy to get two Classic 5*s finished (or almost finished), but that means fewer pulls to try and get a big Kitty.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

Bit of Both: I'm happy to get two Classic 5*s finished (or almost finished), but that means fewer pulls to try and get a big Kitty.
    Definitely better to have a big Kitty than a tinykitty ;)
  • SaltyK
    SaltyK Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Sticks and Stones.

The good: Got my 40 wins to get the 4* cover, 3* luke cage is at a nice distribution of 4/4/3 from the progression covers.

The bad: Shielded at 680'ish points, logged off. Logged in the next day to see my points dropped to 657 points, cutoff for top 50 was 679.

Bit of both: Lost 2 3* Hawkeye covers from top 50 rewards but got 2 BH IM40 from the tokens.
  • Kahmon
    Options
    SaltyK said:
    Sticks and Stones.

The bad: Shielded at 680'ish points, logged off. Logged in the next day to see my points dropped to 657 points, cutoff for top 50 was 679.
    Any time you place a shield, be sure to immediately ping the leader boards and make sure it registered your shield.
    If you don't, the game may register a defensive loss before your shield takes effect. Sounds like this was the case here.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something good: I got the third 4* cover from my Hearts of Darkness vault.
    Something bad: It was another saved cover for someone at 5/5/2.
    Bit of both: The 4* in question was IW Widow.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Something good
    I've championed Cable & Kitty today.

Something bad
    My 5* pull-rate way really bad (19 covers from 190 pulls without any 5* BH).

Bit of both
    I actually got only one Kingpin cover. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Good: 
    In the current “Crash of the Titans”, R&G had no strike tiles remainings at the end of one turn.

The Bad:
    On Turn 2, they had enough AP to fire both their blue and green and on Turn 3 could do the same.

The Meh:
    My Dazzler is only 0/2/2 Lv106, so it doesn’t seem winnable anyway
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something Good: I will get a Purple Green Goblin cover in today's re-supply.

Something Bad: Goblin was the first 5* released after I started playing this game in earnest in January 2016, this will be my second cover for him after 3 years...

The Meh: The sad truth is that I would probably have more use for a 3*... :(
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This weekend, finally got a 5* bonus cover again!~

OKOYE TIME!

... Unfortunately, it's a red cover for my 2/5/5 Okoye. Boo. At 2 saved covers now.
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    The Good: 
    I have Taskmaster Champed

The Bad:
    I had to spend 360 CP to get the covers I needed.

The Meh:
    He only gives legendary tokens as prizes. He should give out a 5* (a choice of 3) as hard as his covers will be to acquire.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    DeNappa said:

OKOYE TIME!

... Unfortunately, it's a red cover for my 2/5/5 Okoye. Boo. At 2 saved covers now.
    Seems a bit of a waste having Okoye as your bonus hero when they are so rare and theres such a big chance it will be wasted. Yes, I get its not technically wasted due to cover saves but its also no closer to being champed. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa said:

OKOYE TIME!

Seems a bit of a waste having Okoye as your bonus hero when they are so rare and theres such a big chance it will be wasted. Yes, I get its not technically wasted due to cover saves but its also no closer to being champed. 
    Well, my other options are:
    • Buy the missing black cover directly with CP
      Not worth it to me, I don't plan on champing her immediately anyway (4* player, only recently maxcovered my first 5*s)
    • Pull classic legends and hope for the best
      With the 5* pull rate and increasing dilution in the classic pool, chances of this are really slim too. Besides, it suffers the same problem as BH: it may also be a pull in yellow or red.
    • Wait for a special legendary store featuring her then attempt to score a black cover
      This is kinda what I'm actually doing now. But in the meantime, I think she's 'worthy' enough to have that minor bonus chance at completing her earlier.
    • Try to coax @Brigby into fixing me a free Okoye black cover (what a cool guy he is! :smiley: )
    I'm usually trying to stockpile a bunch of CP in order to spend it on a special store or LL pool that's worth it. The BH cover I received this weekend was a result of my ~15ish LL tokens I spent trying to get more Kitty covers. :)

• Kahmon
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    DeNappa said:

OKOYE TIME!

Not worth it to me, I don't plan on champing her immediately anyway (4* player, only recently maxcovered my first 5*s)
      With the 5* pull rate and increasing dilution in the classic pool, chances of this are really slim too. Besides, it suffers the same problem as BH: it may also be a pull in yellow or red.
    • Wait for a special legendary store featuring her then attempt to score a black cover
      This is kinda what I'm actually doing now. But in the meantime, I think she's 'worthy' enough to have that minor bonus chance at completing her earlier.
    • Try to coax @Brigby into fixing me a free Okoye black cover (what a cool guy he is! :smiley: )
    I'm usually trying to stockpile a bunch of CP in order to spend it on a special store or LL pool that's worth it. The BH cover I received this weekend was a result of my ~15ish LL tokens I spent trying to get more Kitty covers. :)

You can also set Shuri as your bonus hero. She gives Okoye's first cover at chsmp levels 280 and 340.
  • hilsen2
    hilsen2 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My good was 5 thanos, 2 dr ock, 1 kingpin and 2 5* BH in 44 rolls.

My bad was 40+ rolls going for Glad Thor and only getting 1 Black Bolt in Black for my 3/5/1.  

10/44 is awesome!!!
    11/84+ is a welcome back to reality.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    DeNappa said:
    DeNappa said:

OKOYE TIME!

You can also set Shuri as your bonus hero. She gives Okoye's first cover at chsmp levels 280 and 340.
    I'd go that route instead. Set the 5* bonus hero to someone else thats quality and with a more even distribution.