Updates to Earning Supports *Updated (1/24/19)

123457»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m pretty sure the original Master tokens (1:10) were only available at the original Support launch.  Once they started with the Support bundles and vaults, they went to the reduced odds and that was it.  (In retrospect, maybe people would have jumped more on the first deals if they knew that...). Anyway, while they were lsited in the old Support Store there was never a way to acquire them.  And now they are gone forever.

I am also pretty sure the devs have no intention of ever updating the Supports en masse to either all have 3 or 5 powers.  It seems clear that the current design model is everything has 3 effects (along with a synergy effect, usually).
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    i still just don't get supports.  Everything feels so random about them.  I've had a few randomly rank up, but still have no clue what triggers it.  I still don't get why you can't put them on 2* characters.  There are no shortage of 2* essentials and with a small group of characters it might help keep it interesting. (god those two 2* only deadpool dailies are boring as hell)  Otherwise I have a support on each of my regulars and put one on the essentials in the rare case I actually find a somewhat useful one.

Supports don't necessarily seem like a bad idea, it just seems like they were rushed or something and no one has really thought how to properly implement them.  I guess we should be glad that we at least don't have to buy a $75 bundle to get them...
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Smart80 said:
    So, we can treat the support tokens as LTs and hoard till the right selection is offered? Sorry, just want to be sure and have been dissapointed enough this week, waiting months to have support store being updated....
    Yes.
    Brigby said:

The Support Store tokens will update alongside the Support Store content during their rotation cycles. Vault tokens are the only ones tied to their respective vaults.
    My interpretation (again i might be wrong) is that the support store will fluctuate (and probably confuse a lot of people).

Like, say from this current vault you get 20 support tokens. Then when the circuit season is over, your 20 supports will stay fixed, and the store around it will change. Into the off-season full pool. If you dont spend them here either, then the store changes again. Into the next R16 rotation store.

So basically the support store will shrink and expand but your 20 tokens remain fixed. Obviously you can always add to them or spend.

This R16 -> Full -> R16 -> Full -> etc store will confuse a lot of people. But its the best way to chase a specific token and quite frankly to me it makes sense.

Of course if this is wrong, then they would need a seperate token for the off-season store. I think it unlikely.

Again, this might just be my messed up brain....
    Thanks. Was late last night Brigby’s words were kinda circling around on my screen and just wasnt sure what he was saying :-)

This is really nice to hear actually. Eventhough these first 16 probably are too good to pass on, it could be very useful later on, to get that really good one thats still missing!

**** UI SUGGESTION ****
    Give the current 16 supports some sort of indicator in support roster, to make it nice and clear which could be improved at this point
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    *New Update*

@Brigby: is there any chance of getting the game to display these percentages directly rather than imprecise rounded 1:X odds?
    Based on these tables, the new probability of receiving a rank 4 support from a master token could be written as 1:2.5.  Yet the game instead shows "~1:3" because it rounds everything to an integer.  In this case, the error from by that "approximately equal" sign is a massive 7 percentage points.  You could fit the entire probability of receiving a rank 5 support in that approximation error and have room to spare.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    IceIX said:
    Punter1 said:
    Any dates on when this will be live? 

Also the circuit event, is that going to act similar to DPD?  
    Soon (tm).

Support Circuit is kind of like Deadpool Daily, yes. However, it runs one day a week while DDQ runs every day. Support Circuit is also a placement event while DDQ is solo. Both have progression rewards in either case.
    This definitely tempers my excitement. I was picturing something akin to DDQ, just complete it anytime within a 24 hour period and you're good. No placement, no time slices. 

If you complete it, it's locked out for the rest of the event until it rotates. Think like how the Crash is available for 5 days in DDQ. If you complete it the first day, it's locked the next four. If you wait a few days and play, then it's only locked two or three days until the next one rotates in. 

Instead we have an event that seems to feature placement and is available for one set, determined 24 hour period. Uhhhhhhh... what if you have a real life commitment that precludes you from competing? That seems highly inconvenient and not very player friendly.

I'm having a hard time seeing why this was determined to be the best way to implement or design this new feature. 
    IceIX said:

Support Circuit is kind of like Deadpool Daily, yes. However, it runs one day a week while DDQ runs every day. Support Circuit is also a placement event while DDQ is solo. Both have progression rewards in either case.

With placement events all I see is speed racing to the finish.. how will this be done one day a week with no subs? This also means those with better rosters will finish faster and get then top spot every time... Will there be different start times or will one group be lucky it starts when they are awake?
    I was going to mention the "only one day per week" bit in my other post, but i was already starting to drone on, and am really trying not to be too negative.

These are both really good points that need to be addressed.  Are the start and end times going to be consistent with current pve?  What if your time zone/life are inconvenient to the starts or finishes? Etc.
    Deadpool dailies also have placement and timers. Maybe we are making a mountain out of a molehill?

Hmmm.

And after re-reading the comment from Ice, "Support Circuit is also a placement event while DDQ is solo. Both have progression rewards in either case."

If it was 100% similar to ddq (open all day, progression as you can with placement just because that is the framework of "story" mode), why not just come out and say it? 

Ddq was pretty universally loved when it was introduced.  The only downside at the time was you had to at least have the 3* in order play and get the extra 3* cover, in a time when they weren't as prevelant as they are now.  It helped open up and expand people into a tier that they did not normally have access to, that hinged entirely too much on luck.  Sound familiar?

Going to have to wait and see, i guess. 
    Yeah I was trying to look for a positive.

The devs have put supports on the mountain when they should be on a molehill. The forced rarity of these is ridiculous.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    bluewolf said:
    -snip-

Brigby
    Perhaps this will be obvious later today, but can a Select Support token be hoarded past the 4 weeks and used in the next Select 16 store/pool?  Or even when ALL the Supports are available?  Or will an attempt to hoard Select Support tokens just result in many pages of different token stores?  I think this is the first time anyone brought up the question of what happens to newly hoarded actual Support tokens vs focusing on the vault token issue and older Support tokens.  Thanks to Ed_Dragonrider for bringing this up.
    The Support Store tokens will update alongside the Support Store content during their rotation cycles. Vault tokens are the only ones tied to their respective vaults.
    @Brigby

I am bumping this to get more clarification.  The Support Circuit vault has ended and the Circuit Break vault has opened.  It appears that this vault contains a separate token called "Support Circuit Break:  XXX (Master or Advanced or Beginner)".  Which implies that the only tokens that will contain ALL the Supports will be Support tokens from the Circuit Break Vault.

And therefore the Support tokens you earn from the Support Circuit vault (and maybe event) won't be updated until the new Support Circuit starts, and therefore these tokens will always be pulling from a pool of 16 Supports, which will update when the Support Circuit begins.

Can you please confirm this?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby

I am bumping this to get more clarification.  The Support Circuit vault has ended and the Circuit Break vault has opened.  It appears that this vault contains a separate token called "Support Circuit Break:  XXX (Master or Advanced or Beginner)".  Which implies that the only tokens that will contain ALL the Supports will be Support tokens from the Circuit Break Vault.

And therefore the Support tokens you earn from the Support Circuit vault (and maybe event) won't be updated until the new Support Circuit starts, and therefore these tokens will always be pulling from a pool of 16 Supports, which will update when the Support Circuit begins.

Can you please confirm this?
    I just spoke with the team, and the Support Store tokens earned from the Support Circuit only apply to the "16-Supports" Store. If you wish to pull from the Circuit Break Support Store, then you'll want to acquire a Circuit Break Support Store token from the Circuit Break vault.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    when are “the 16” changed?
    why isnt there a daily deal for the off season vault. 350 is way too much, or do you really think that vault is that impressive?