**** Elektra (Unkillable) ****

12345679»

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we have discussed most of the good combos with Electra above.  If Tiger looks in here he might suggest something with Kraven but I do not have enough levels in him comment if he would be a good partner.  I still think IW, 4Cage, MaxPun and C&D are some of her best partners.  Red is always a must at 5 but then you need to fix her pink or black depending on the team she is on.  She should always be used in the Strange Sights boss mission :)

Yupp! I pair Elektra with IW during the boss mission. I've never lost!

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Her black execution time is kinda weird. The damage from Shadow Step won't deal to the opponent until the AI finish swapping a pair of tiles. I don't think this is intentional? 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    himatako said:
    Her black execution time is kinda weird. The damage from Shadow Step won't deal to the opponent until the AI finish swapping a pair of tiles. I don't think this is intentional? 
    Probably because of cascade potential.  If you the opponent makes two or three matches, each damage that she would take will set off a separate trap.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    himatako said:
    Probably because of cascade potential.  If you the opponent makes two or three matches, each damage that she would take will set off a separate trap.
    Oh, I meant, this is a case where the AI uses a power, causing a cascade and setting off some traps already. But after the cascade's over, the traps wouldn't still deal damage. The game waits until the AI gets to make another move, and only after that move ends, then all the traps activated since the beginning of the turn deal damages.

Basically, it seems like her traps only deal damage at the end of the enemy's turn, instead of at the end of the enemy's action. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be great if the traps functioned as an interrupt and did damage as it happened. There have been times when that damage would have KOd say an opponent Chavez who was wating to hit me with a mega kick, and the damage didn't happen till after she did that. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Just champed Elektra, and found teambuilding around her difficult. Her red is really unreliable due to the random placement (she needs this to be manually placeable so bad), her black can avoid a big nuke but is hard to use and her purple steals only 2 tiles so is overwhelmed immediately as a stealer by anything that actually focuses on producing tiles.
    So far, the team I like best for her is C4rol + W4sp + 5/3/5 Elektra
    C4rol/W4sp is awesome by itself and can work with any number of thirds, but at least they do benefit from Elektra being there. 
    Elektra's red synergises well with Carol (drip-feeding black, tick damage), but the normal problem with Elektra/Carol is that Elektra's red is just so fragile that it has very little staying power - and therefore doesn't make that much of a difference. However, with Wasp continuously making Carol boost tiles, the tick damage from Elektra's red will be worthwhile even if it doesn't stick around for that long. Between Ballet of Death and Wasp, you also get stacked AP drain/turn. And if the enemy team makes any kind of s/a/p tiles, Elektra's cheap purple can help jump-start having some boosted strike tiles for Carol to boost further.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elektr4 goes ok with Kraven. They compete for black, but his blue trap also nips AP. It would be better if she made enough enemy specials for his passive to trigger. I haven’t tried it, but she might work well with New Reed - match away those enemy strikes for a free power? I like Elektr4 better than most but I really haven’t got a killer team either.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    AlexR said:
    Just champed Elektra, and found teambuilding around her difficult. Her red is really unreliable due to the random placement (she needs this to be manually placeable so bad), her black can avoid a big nuke but is hard to use and her purple steals only 2 tiles so is overwhelmed immediately as a stealer by anything that actually focuses on producing tiles.
    So far, the team I like best for her is C4rol + W4sp + 5/3/5 Elektra
    C4rol/W4sp is awesome by itself and can work with any number of thirds, but at least they do benefit from Elektra being there. 
    Elektra's red synergises well with Carol (drip-feeding black, tick damage), but the normal problem with Elektra/Carol is that Elektra's red is just so fragile that it has very little staying power - and therefore doesn't make that much of a difference. However, with Wasp continuously making Carol boost tiles, the tick damage from Elektra's red will be worthwhile even if it doesn't stick around for that long. Between Ballet of Death and Wasp, you also get stacked AP drain/turn. And if the enemy team makes any kind of s/a/p tiles, Elektra's cheap purple can help jump-start having some boosted strike tiles for Carol to boost further.

Congrats she can be fun. I'm a huge fan of her black when she can tank 2 or more of her colors. 
    Read back through a few pages here for some entertainnig team combo's. GL!
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Go back a few pages we have had lots of discussions about which teams she fits bets on especially in 4 land, those have not changed much, 5's are a little tough since a lot of us who like her still don't have many 5 to experiment with. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Go back a few pages we have had lots of discussions about which teams she fits bets on especially in 4 land, those have not changed much, 5's are a little tough since a lot of us who like her still don't have many 5 to experiment with. 
    Yeah, but I don't have any of those characters champed. My IW is 5/2/2. My Hobofist is 1/0/5. My Pun is 4/4/2. So while they might be great teams, I can't try them. Carol/Elektra/W4sp works for me though, so it's fine.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Well now you know who to work on if you want to find good teammates for her :)  She is very flexible because she is a good battery and when played right very hard to kill.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Elektra + Prowler are a new double-team that blends well. 

Prowler’s black + Elektra’s purple go very well together. Prowlers’ purple passive fortifies the new cheap strikes Elektra and he make and makes them more powerful if matched (fortifies then if you have Tinkerer’s Toys). Of course Elektra’s red is still key. Stealing AP and doing damage each turn. 

Green+yellow users go well with them. Cable is good. 5*Starlord works too. But of course, Invisible Woman is the best with this team. The defense gets even better. 

Okoye is good as well, adding to any damage you do.