**** Elektra (Unkillable) ****

1246789

Comments

  • throvolosthrovolos Age Unconfirmed Posts: 49
    What really makes Elektra suck is the fact that no matter how long you wait to use any of her powers, nearly all of her tiles are destroyed by random AI cascades.

    Put her red trap tile down... gone within 1-2 turns guaranteed.
    Steal some sword tiles? Oh wait the AI just matched 2 out of 3 of them.
    Put 5 black tiles down? Oh wait the AI got 5 cascaded matches in a row of all minimum damage and poof 5 turns of collecting back is gone. Then they hit you for 92837498237849234 dmg.
  • throvolosthrovolos Age Unconfirmed Posts: 49
    Ok, a less PO'ed/irritated response. icon_e_smile.gif

    Elektra is the only 4* character I have maxxed, so it is aggravating that she utterly sucks.

    In order to make her more effective, her powers need to be revamped.

    1) Fix her Black Power by making it not go off unless >400 dmg is dealt to her.

    2) Fix her Pink Power by increasing the tile improvement by at least 100 more, at all dots.

    3) Fix her Red power to "if matched, do 3000dmg" (as Elektra steps out of the shadows, yada yada)

    Finally, what she really needs is to be better utilized by the AI. No one, and I mean no one (except me) uses her in PvP. Why? Because she sucks!!!
    -Because her powers suck, see above
    -Because the AI can't play her correctly

    You can't just have the AI throw her trap tiles down willy-nilly, or burn through her pink. Some extremely helpful changes would be:

    1) AI Elektra won't use her black power if there are less than 2 (or 3) black tiles on the board, or if the only three tiles available can be immediately matched.
    -I never put her black tiles down under these conditions.

    2) AI Elektra won't use her pink power if there are no sword tiles on the board and she has less than 14 pink AP.
    -I never put sword tiles down that just benefit the enemy team unless I can immediately convert them. Why leave them on the board for 8 turns waiting to be matched? Pointless

    3) AI Elektra won't use her red power ever (somewhat kidding, but seriously, its about the weakest red power in the game, and I only use it when I have no other heroes who have a red power)
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    throvolos wrote:
    Ok, a less PO'ed/irritated response. icon_e_smile.gif

    Elektra is the only 4* character I have maxxed, so it is aggravating that she utterly sucks.

    In order to make her more effective, her powers need to be revamped.

    1) Fix her Black Power by making it not go off unless >400 dmg is dealt to her.

    2) Fix her Pink Power by increasing the tile improvement by at least 100 more, at all dots.

    3) Fix her Red power to "if matched, do 3000dmg" (as Elektra steps out of the shadows, yada yada)

    Finally, what she really needs is to be better utilized by the AI. No one, and I mean no one (except me) uses her in PvP. Why? Because she sucks!!!
    -Because her powers suck, see above
    -Because the AI can't play her correctly

    You can't just have the AI throw her trap tiles down willy-nilly, or burn through her pink. Some extremely helpful changes would be:

    1) AI Elektra won't use her black power if there are less than 2 (or 3) black tiles on the board, or if the only three tiles available can be immediately matched.
    -I never put her black tiles down under these conditions.

    2) AI Elektra won't use her pink power if there are no sword tiles on the board and she has less than 14 pink AP.
    -I never put sword tiles down that just benefit the enemy team unless I can immediately convert them. Why leave them on the board for 8 turns waiting to be matched? Pointless

    3) AI Elektra won't use her red power ever (somewhat kidding, but seriously, its about the weakest red power in the game, and I only use it when I have no other heroes who have a red power)
    You should be excited about the Daken PVP. You will be able to use her Purple and have Daken tank for her. You just need a green Green yellow outlet.
  • vudu3vudu3 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Am I crazy for thinking of respeccing my Elektra to 3/5/5?

    She's currently 5/4/4 and I have a black cover in my queue which expired in about 24 hours. I was debating between 5/5/3 and 5/3/5 but after reading about her abilities now I'm thinking 3/5/5 might make the most sense.

    You only get the full benefit from 5 purple if you have a trap tile out. Unfortunately, her red ability with only 3 covers is so bad that you're never going to use it. This means that you'll only get the full benefit of Elektra's purple if you pair her with another trap user like Fury, Antman, or Dare Devil. Assuming you don't have a trap tile out the only difference between 3P and 5P is the first steals/buffs two strike tiles by about 145 and the latter steals/buffs them by 245. An extra 200 damage in strike tiles hardly seems like a reason to **** her black or red abilities.

    To me this makes it seem like if you want Elektra with 5 purple the only proper build is 5/3/5. But her black is about the only thing that makes her unique and it seems like you'd want to max it.

    Which leads me to 3/5/5. Her red with 5 covers isn't too shabby even though the trap can be overwritten. Thoughts?
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 5,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red is Her weakest ability, and even at 3 it can still serve to allow triple dipping on strikes (if you can get an attack tile generator).

    And even at 5 her red isn't great. It's too likely to be overwritten.
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Red is Her weakest ability, and even at 3 it can still serve to allow triple dipping on strikes (if you can get an attack tile generator).

    And even at 5 her red isn't great. It's too likely to be overwritten.

    I do really like the concept of her red trap tile. It is basically an invisible attack tile that does damage before the turn. If it was split up into 3 traps, or did damage when the traps were matched or cost 6 or 7 AP it would be a very solid red ability.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    Am I crazy for thinking of respeccing my Elektra to 3/5/5?

    She's currently 5/4/4 and I have a black cover in my queue which expired in about 24 hours. I was debating between 5/5/3 and 5/3/5 but after reading about her abilities now I'm thinking 3/5/5 might make the most sense.

    You only get the full benefit from 5 purple if you have a trap tile out. Unfortunately, her red ability with only 3 covers is so bad that you're never going to use it. This means that you'll only get the full benefit of Elektra's purple if you pair her with another trap user like Fury, Antman, or Dare Devil. Assuming you don't have a trap tile out the only difference between 3P and 5P is the first steals/buffs two strike tiles by about 145 and the latter steals/buffs them by 245. An extra 200 damage in strike tiles hardly seems like a reason to **** her black or red abilities.

    To me this makes it seem like if you want Elektra with 5 purple the only proper build is 5/3/5. But her black is about the only thing that makes her unique and it seems like you'd want to max it.

    Which leads me to 3/5/5. Her red with 5 covers isn't too shabby even though the trap can be overwritten. Thoughts?

    No, not crazy, I did the same thing. Here's how I ended up 5/5/3

    Black--Really, really good. If you get this off, and just match Elketra's color's you do a lot of damage back to the enemy, this is the one skill of here's that is decent.

    Purple v Red.

    If you use Purple at 7, it sucks, it is a 14 cost skill, because unless you are playing against Daken or Blade, you aren't going to get it to work. So lets assume you save 14 purple and 8 red. And go DCross, Ballet, DCross

    assume you are playing Goons
    Every skill used or match made is an extra 445 dmg, but every tick of that trap is 723 more, however the trap activates the strike obviously, so in reality the 5/5/3 is only doing 258 less dmg than 3/5/5 on the trap tile, but every tile match plus other dmg, you are doing 455 more. So if you did nothing but make a match, 5/5/3 did 177 more dmg. That's not a whole lot, and it does entail keeping those attack tiles out, however, with how easily the red trap gets overwritten, it's a risk you choose.

    She has 3 "best builds"
    5/5/3
    3/5/5
    4/5/4

    As long as black is maxed it's all good, she's very similar to Human Torch where as long as red is maxed, the rest don't matter.

    I'm still not sold on my own 5/5/3, but once 4* stars are finally established, I'll see where she stands and go from there.
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 5,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Red is Her weakest ability, and even at 3 it can still serve to allow triple dipping on strikes (if you can get an attack tile generator).

    And even at 5 her red isn't great. It's too likely to be overwritten.

    I do really like the concept of her red trap tile. It is basically an invisible attack tile that does damage before the turn. If it was split up into 3 traps, or did damage when the traps were matched or cost 6 or 7 AP it would be a very solid red ability.

    Any of these changes would be a real improvement in her red. But as is, the power is too fragile and doesn't do enough damage.

    Also, phaserhawk, your calculations assume the worst case scenario of stealing essentially worthless strike tiles. In the real world, you are likely to get at least 1 strike tile with a decent baseline value, so each match will do more than 445 extra damage, further narrowing the gap between 5/5/3 and 3/5/5.

    In the end, beefy strike tiles are just better than single red trap tile that doesn't do massive damage, and isn't likely to last very long.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Red is Her weakest ability, and even at 3 it can still serve to allow triple dipping on strikes (if you can get an attack tile generator).

    And even at 5 her red isn't great. It's too likely to be overwritten.

    I do really like the concept of her red trap tile. It is basically an invisible attack tile that does damage before the turn. If it was split up into 3 traps, or did damage when the traps were matched or cost 6 or 7 AP it would be a very solid red ability.
    i would like to see a negative effect for krutacking with her attack tile. After all, a bad dance partner deserves DEATH!
  • MarcusGravesMarcusGraves Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    raisinbman wrote:
    i would like to see a negative effect for krutacking with her attack tile. After all, a bad dance partner deserves DEATH!

    if an enemy matches Elektra's trap tile shes kicks you in the nads dealing fatal damage to all male characters except for Vision, Carnage and Thing because as far as we know they don't have nads to kick. Colossus and Iron Man are also immune because they have the protection of metal.

    ....If you match the tile she stabs the enemy in the foot with her sai

    did I buff it?
  • raisinbman wrote:
    i would like to see a negative effect for krutacking with her attack tile. After all, a bad dance partner deserves DEATH!

    if an enemy matches Elektra's trap tile shes kicks you in the nads dealing fatal damage to all male characters except for Vision, Carnage and Thing because as far as we know they don't have nads to kick. Colossus and Iron Man are also immune because they have the protection of metal.

    ....If you match the tile she stabs the enemy in the foot with her sai

    did I buff it?
    vision and carnage have nads can't comment on thing
  • I have Elektra maxed out and at 3/5/5. For months I struggled to find other characters to use her with. Yeah she was good with Patch but not AMAZING!

    I have now discovered that if you pair her with Scarlet Witch and Spider-Man it is a pretty round awesome team that covers every colour.

    The team focuses on pinks to fuel wandas reality crush (arcane incantation) adding spideys protect tiles along the way. I use Hex Bolt to target black AP as well as matching blacks (for Shadow Step) when I cant match pink to fuel . Elektra matches pinks so she's protecting Scarlet Witch whilst dealing shadow step damage. If she's got a red out on the board too and the AI get a cascade you're going to be dealing almost 6000 damage without taking ANY damage yourself and also refuelling your black. Arcane Incant keeps working away in the background.

    Plus spideys blue power is so low cost that you end up throwing out additional stuns

    This is my go-to team for SHIELD Sim and I very rarely lose with em.
  • MarcusGravesMarcusGraves Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    I was just Thinking how much more threatening she'd become if her red at rank 3 made two trap tiles instead of one making its total damage 1070/1544/2494 per turn and rank 5 gives it the added effect of if her trap is matched by her or the enemy team it leaves behind an attack tile of half the trap's strength (623 at max ). Not sure if the attack tile placement should be color specific or not.

    also if purple was adjusted to be able to steal attack tiles as well that would help.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    vision and carnage have nads can't comment on thing


    Carnage doesn't have anything below the waist except Symbiote. Product of a bad encounter with The Sentry.
  • What's Better...
    - Locked Shadow Step tiles no longer proc when Elektra takes damage.



    so what does this mean!? "no longer proc" ?
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bustapup wrote:
    What's Better...
    - Locked Shadow Step tiles no longer proc when Elektra takes damage.



    so what does this mean!? "no longer proc" ?
    It means Elektra won't destroy a locked Shadow Step tile to avoid damage. I assume she will destroy a non-locked tile or, if there are only locked Shadow Step tiles, will just take damage as normal.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Elektra is now 5/5/3 as that is how the covers fell. I can use the red cover from Class of 2015 to respec, but reading this thread I don't think I'll bother...
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,321 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elektra is a stealthy assassin who can hide in and strike from the shadows. So give her abilities to better reflect that.

    Shadow Step: fine as it is, but add a strike tile creation whenever a trap is destroyed

    Ballet of Death: as many have mentioned, give it an effect when it's destroyed in any way, such as damage done, or perhaps it can stun the enemy team for one turn. And if Elektra is downed when the tile is out, the tile is destroyed and deals enemy team damage

    DD Cross: steals any enemy special tiles, not just strike tiles, and converts them to powered-up strike tiles. And to continue with the double-crossing theme, if there is nothing to steal, Elektra damages her allies for a bit of damage,or destroys all friendly special tiles, while dealing enemy team damage
  • Hoho69Hoho69 Posts: 48
    Love elektra one of the best characters in my roster....

    fave combo...

    Elektra, iron fist, Scarlet witch....

    Bring out elektras black ASAP, and just keep on churning out black and trying to bring out Elektra red. iron fist green strike tiles help in the damage but keep elektra up front, so she can use her trap tiles and keep on churning out more trap tiles that is where scarlet witch purple maker power comes in which feeds into Iron Fist black maker power.

    Defeated 200 to 300 lvl Hulbuster combos with Elelktra with ease, also when Hulk buster comes out with strikes tiles, steal them. with elektra purple.

    she dont suck I rate her like 8 out of ten. ten being the best.
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 5,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Hoho69 wrote:
    Love elektra one of the best characters in my roster....

    fave combo...

    Elektra, iron fist, Scarlet witch....

    Bring out elektras black ASAP, and just keep on churning out black and trying to bring out Elektra red. iron fist green strike tiles help in the damage but keep elektra up front, so she can use her trap tiles and keep on churning out more trap tiles that is where scarlet witch purple maker power comes in which feeds into Iron Fist black maker power.

    Defeated 200 to 300 lvl Hulbuster combos with Elelktra with ease, also when Hulk buster comes out with strikes tiles, steal them. with elektra purple.

    she dont suck I rate her like 8 out of ten. ten being the best.

    She isn't useless, but the times when she is useful are relatively few. Plus she has rather complex mechanics (or at least contingent mechanics) so she has basically no defensive value. She's lower tier, better than the real dregs like TA Hulk and starlord, on par with flaptain and IW, and maybe a bit below fury. But she is the best kind of low tier: very good in a niche roll and bad elsewhere. The alternative is someone like TA Hulk (or vision in 3* land) who just isn't really worth using ever. 8/10 is too high.

    Imhb is actually a pretty good opponent for her. He generates strong tiles to steal, and only has 1 direct damage power that is easy to predict (and negate with her black). Plus, he doesn't spawn red strike tiles like blade or daken.
Sign In or Register to comment.