**** Elektra (Unkillable) ****

Comments

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    That was the same group that popped into my mind when Jaedenkaal mentioned carnage as well.  You will be trading off some speed to pop Electra's red first.  You will definitely have max her red and pink you want to steal the negative attack tiles Carnage lays out.  I might also go with 3/5/5 on Carnage and leave green as your major nuke and kill by attrition.  My only concern with pairing Carnage and Electra is when you pop that green you run the risk of hitting Dance of Death.  Let me know how it works if you try it.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far it's ok. It's very hard to die that's for sure. I started running Elektra at 4/5/4 but I switched to 3/5/5 because the difference from 3 to 4 in purple is negligible so I might as well add her tile damage to all the other CD and attack tile damage. 

Its just so hard to die if you run Medusa with 5 at yellow. But I run her at 4/5/4 because I want to steal other attack tiles. But with her yellow at 5, I get over 1300 hp back and gain 3 purple or green AP. 

This is team only dies from nukes but, that's what you've got SS for. Damage comes from traps, CDs, and attack tiles and can be enhanced by Elektras DDC or Medusa's Hair Meddle. I haven't hit a BoD with Carnages green but I'm only at 4 covers with it so I don't know if it's just luck or it's avoiding it. 

Really though..... IW is a much better fit with Carnage and Medusa. She's got defense, strike tiles, board control, and a nuke that won't hit Elektras BoD or SS. 
  • hopper1979
    The issue with IW is now you have to pick between the green of Carnage and IW instead of the just the pink between Electra and Medusa.  IW blue will also mess up the destruction of Carnage's green so you are locked into using IW, so in that case you have to go 5/5/3 with Carnage.  You can steal tiles with Electra's purple so I would still max that over Medusa's pink.  Carnage's green should be doing 5-10k a pop on a decently packed board so not as strong as IW but that should be a faster team especially with red going to Carnage after you lay down the first Dance of Death.  I will admit the invis would be nice especially in a tight game and Electra/Carnage/Medusa does lack an active yellow.   
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017

Hmmm, I've been running this team for a few days now, and it is rather enjoyable. All it takes is a few DDC, and the damage goes BOOM. As for IW, I'll have to try subbing her in for Elektra, as having a use for all of that blue ap would be nice. Of course, Cletus is only 3/5/3, where the other three are champed, so it won't be the easiest thing to compare nukes, but I do like the benefit of SS with Elektra.

Edit: After playing a few rounds with IW, I think I prefer Elektra, but, she's a good option if I ever want to switch it up.

I'll give it another go with Sue in a bit to revisit the possibility...

• Tiger_Wong
    When you get two Ballet Of Deaths on the field, you still only steal 1 purple/red/black. Is this a glitch?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you get two Ballet Of Deaths on the field, you still only steal 1 purple/red/black. Is this a glitch?
    Try in the Bug forum. We can only speculate here. The power description does strongly imply that each trap tile should steal AP separately.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Elektra 5/4/5
    4* Cage 5/2/4
    4* Fist 5/1/2

when I get more covers (especially Fist green) this will be one of my staple anti-Medusa and anti 3* fist/HB teams. I'll run Fist at either 5/5/3 or 5/4/5 to get more black for Elektras SS. 

In the meantime, they're still doing work and the synergy is there. Hold Elektra's DDC until you get 6 blue to fortify 3 strong strike tiles. And they'll sit there until you get 8 yellow and you're gonna kill someone with Cages H4H and fortify a black bunch more. Fists green power only costs 8 too and can get you 3-4 black if you have 3 or more covers and if there's more than 1 character left. Combine that with Elektra's Ballet of Death, and you can get SS really early. This team will really do well defensively and with strikes. They're gonna have problems with CDs though. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    So, Elektra used to steal a 3rd enemy strike tile if she had a trap on the board. Is her DDC now limited to 2 enemy specials - and not 3 - even if she has a trap out?  Even if this is the case, I plan to champ her within the next few weeks when I get her final cover on the daily resupply.  B)
  • hopper1979
    Yes it is only 2 now but she will steal anything, attack, defense and strike tiles and convert them to strike with the buff.  It is a solid trade off.  She is very nasty now especially when buffed.  
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    I ran a test today, and I'm wondering if this is a bug or not. I was in the Deadpool required node vs Elektra, Squirrel Girl and Black Panther. Elektra had cast a Shadow Step, and still had at least one active trap tile out to prevent damage. As an experiment, I DROPPED ALL THE WHALES. Squirrel Girl and Black Panther died, but Shadow Step saved Elektra. Is this how it is supposed to work, as I thought that the Super Whale Drop was an auto-win.

I still won the fight, but it was a test in case there was a time where I woudn't have been in such a good position.
  • Tiger_Wong
    "Dropping all the whales" still only counts as one whale to each character. That's why there's a damage value for you to push the button. 

Damage Step is one of the few moves that negate all kinds of damage. Although....I haven't tested it vs 4* Gamora's Deadliest Woman passive. 
  • hopper1979
    That is a great question if Gamora's passive works, this is a hard one to test since only a few people play here with any consistency.  She will definitely avoid the Wales attack though that is why she has potential as a tank but that is definitely not the way to go for her 5 pink/5red/3 black is her optimum build especially in the current meta of Medusa showing up constantly.  Tiger you are thinking along the same lines as I was I really want to try here with 4Cage and Iron Fist, I am stuck on 5/1/5 for Fist, I might make here go with 3 pink 5 black in that group so she can soak up some damage but that black attack of Fist's is crazy so I am torn, I will let you know what I think of that group if I beat you to maxing out Fist before you. :) 
  • Tiger_Wong
    edited July 2017
    Lol. Too late hopper. I already got them all champed. And guess what?

its SO GOOD a team. 

Elektra 5/3/5 or 4/4/5
    4*Cage 5/5/3
    4* Fist 4/4/5

if my opponent has a team that's going to put out a tile or two, this is one of the teams I use. If the team doesn't have a shield spammer, I run Elektra at 4/4/5. 

The synergy is is great as everything flows and gains speed until you start nuking and dealing tile damage. 7 purple (DDC) to 6 blue (Chi Focus) steals two of your opponent tiles and strengthens them to strikes, adds another strike tile, and fortifies all 3. And it adds 3 green for Crowd Control which means that's one less match to get that off (only costs 8 AP but after Chi Focus, it's basically 5 AP). 

IF's Fist of Iron and Cage's Hero for Hire are the 2 main nukes. Those 2 moves are gonn kill when they go off with any decent kind of setup. Fists of Iron doesn't really need any. If you use it, somebody is gonna get fainted. H4H also adds a shield because he's with Fists. So there's gonna be a minimum of 4 fortified tiles on the field before damage calculation if used after Chi Focus fortifies its 3 strike tiles.

But let's just say you have a board that can't get you 6 blue or 7 purple to start off. That's alright because Elektra only needs 8 red to start stealing 1 red, purple, and black. And it deals tile damage. Also, if you have 6+ blue, a bunch of black AP but not enough purple to make two strike tiles for Chi Focus to fortify, you can lead with Fist of Iron first, convert the shield tiles to strikes, THEN go to Chi Focus. Which then feeds to Crowd Control, and back to Fist of Iron again. 

The only thing that is bugging me about this team is that right now Elektra's Ballet of Death is bugged. If you put more than one Ballet of Death tile on the field, the damage will calculate correctly BUT IT WONT STEAL MORE THAN 1 OF RED/PURPLE/BLACK. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Sounds like that team works like I had been hoping. I'll finally be getting Elektra's 14th cover from Daily Resupply in about a week. Depending on timing, she and Iron Fist are two of the next 3 champs I have prioritized. 
    That'll put Elektra ahead of Cloak & Dagger, who I also see as a pretty good teammate for Cage-Fist.
  • hopper1979
    Lucky :) 4Iron Fist has been hiding from me for a while now I cannot get his green card and I have been sitting on 5/1/5 for a couple of months now.  Will definitely try that group out when I can.  I really want to max him to pair with 4cage and see what other good groups those two can make.  
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol. Too late hopper. I already got them all champed. And guess what?

its SO GOOD a team. 

Elektra 5/3/5 or 4/4/5
    4*Cage 5/5/3
    4* Fist 4/4/5
    This is a very nice team.  I've been using it, and I've found that Fist as a 3/5/5 works somewhat better.  You get the same amount of green when you use his blue.  When you use his green at 5, you get an extra black AP and do about 35% more damage.  You do lose the extra fortified tile lowering his blue to 3, but that black damage is so overpowering it's scary.

I also use Elektra/Invisible Woman/Hood in PvE nodes.  The two ladies tank for Hood (Chivalry is dead!) and have all six powers on their own.  Between Elektra's Red and Hood's AP thievery, it takes a lot longer for the enemy team to fire off their abilities.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Are there any new good combos with elektra? Just champed her (mostly because covers on the vine and well i want them all champed) and want to find use of her.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've used her in PvE from time to time with MaxPun and Patch if any combo of them is boosted.
    Patch green -> Electra purple -> Punisher black and/or Electra red s a nasty combo
  • Tiger_Wong
    talleman said:
    Are there any new good combos with elektra? Just champed her (mostly because covers on the vine and well i want them all champed) and want to find use of her.
    Elektra/Invisible Woman/Medusa
    Elektra/4* Iron Fist/4*Luke Cage
    Elektra/Kraven/Venom (Eddie Brock)

• hopper1979
    I think we have discussed most of the good combos with Electra above.  If Tiger looks in here he might suggest something with Kraven but I do not have enough levels in him comment if he would be a good partner.  I still think IW, 4Cage, MaxPun and C&D are some of her best partners.  Red is always a must at 5 but then you need to fix her pink or black depending on the team she is on.  She should always be used in the Strange Sights boss mission :)