The Battle of Who Could Care Less

Options
Roland113
Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
So, I goofed.  I pulled a LT but forgot I was getting a Ghost Rider (4*) from a daily reward.  What this means is that I've got both Electra (4*) and Ghost Rider (4*) each at 13 covers with one on the vine.  I don't think I'll have the ISO to champ both of them.  Who do you go with.

As a bit of background, I've got about 36 4*'s champed, missing a bunch of the newest ones, America, Bobby, TA Hulk, Prox X, and a few more.

The Battle of Who Could Care Less 23 votes

Electra 4*
8%
WarbringaMGray 2 votes
Ghost Rider 4*
91%
Dormammuchamber44SpiritclawheybubMrCroaker64bonny79Sim MayormonsieurmojoabominatrixTPF AlexisSpace DwarfgmtoscaHeartbreaksoupBigSoftieFFhelix72ssbledsoeskittledaddyx_imperialismtheomenBeerman63 21 votes

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghost Rider 4*
    They're both pretty niche, but I feel like Ghost Rider has somewhat broader applicability, since he can do serious work against most Bosses, as well as any team built around a battery character powering a heavy hitter.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghost Rider 4*
    They're both bench warmers. I use Electra against the Strange Sights boss, Kaeklea-whatever-his-name-is but that's about the only time. Ghost Rider has a few more uses, like his black, which is useful if you can't help but take some punishment in a battle first.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ghost Rider 4*
    And Ghost Rider's black makes a great TU to send (if they get it). Elektra is good for her Crash and against Kaecilius, and maybe against Muscle, and that's about it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a champed Elektra and am therefore supremely confident that you should champ Ghost Rider.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the input.  Looks like Ghost Rider gets the love.  I think DAZ solidified it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like Elektr4 more than most people seem to, but I'm also super stoked to try running her with Kraven and Lockjaw so...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like Elektr4 more than most people seem to, but I'm also super stoked to try running her with Kraven and Lockjaw so...
    She's one of those infuriating characters that don't look great on paper, but if you don't take her out quickly she guts you like a fish.  If you don't pay attention, she gets her black and red powers out and all of the sudden you're getting danced to death and you have no AP... 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    She's one of those infuriating characters that don't look great on paper, but if you don't take her out quickly she guts you like a fish.  If you don't pay attention, she gets her black and red powers out and all of the sudden you're getting danced to death and you have no AP... 
    Yes - she has "fire and forget about it" powers which the AI loves but she isn't an easy fit on most players teams.
  • Waddles_Pines
    edited July 2018
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yes - she has "fire and forget about it" powers which the AI loves but she isn't an easy fit on most players teams.
    Per Daz:
    She's like <redacted, hulk's cousin>, meh on your team, aces with the AI...
     :D 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    She's like Shulk, meh on your team, aces with the AI...
    Don't mention the Shulk word, they might run her PvP again... :#
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I have both these characters waiting on iso myself, but since i have Elektr4 on the vine I'll be champing her first unless I run out of time.

I find she is almost the Proto-Medusa, and there are nearly no circumstances where you'd want to bring Elektr4 out if you had Medusa as an option otherwise. It's how I also feel about Kingpin being superseded by Coulson and Nova being superseded by C4rol (though I do think Nova is still solid).

The one thing she brings to the table over Medusa is the niche benefit of creating enemy specials that she and other characters can work with (and this is a thin benefit). For instance at 5 covers, you can create enough enemy specials that Kraven's passive purple starts working. I do like that Ballet of Death is on a trap, so it can be hard to pinpoint and remove, but Medusa again has that topped with Entanglement by a country mile. Elektr4's black is great for her if you can get it on the board, but Resolute Queen benefits the whole team.

I don't actually know Ghost Rider all that well, but he seems like he'd go well with a few of my teams. I've been really big on using Shuri's AP discount, and I'm curious if a team of Rider, Shuri, and Medusa could work. Burning rubber gets cheaper (down to 6) based on the number of attack tiles on the board, so using Entanglement and Vibranium Virtuoso, coudl I get that power down from 12 AP to 3AP? I may try that out just to see if it works. Alternatively, replacing one of those two with Nico to get the progressive buff on the attacks seems like it would be great for wave nodes.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    breaking news: Burning Rubber doesn't get cheaper than 6AP, though Vibranium Virtuoso will reduce the cost of the other powers (and BR until you hit 6).
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    breaking news: Burning Rubber doesn't get cheaper than 6AP, though Vibranium Virtuoso will reduce the cost of the other powers (and BR until you hit 6).
    Hmm following that logic I guess any power that lists conditional AP cost reduction (eg Eddie Brock, 5 Widow) can't be reduced lower by Shuri.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The absolute worst thing with Elektra is when you find yourself against opponents who have absolutely no strike tiles (unless it is against Kacelassicocopops boss guy). So you make the decision to use your purple (coz who likes full AP bars just flashing at you) in the hope you can steal those strikes back at some point but it always feels to me like she has come to a fist fight and then says "Oh hey I seem to be kicking your butt, here borrow this knife for a bit to help with killing me".
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    The absolute worst thing with Elektra is when you find yourself against opponents who have absolutely no strike tiles (unless it is against Kacelassicocopops boss guy). So you make the decision to use your purple (coz who likes full AP bars just flashing at you) in the hope you can steal those strikes back at some point but it always feels to me like she has come to a fist fight and then says "Oh hey I seem to be kicking your butt, here borrow this knife for a bit to help with killing me".
    A good thing is when the AI fires off a TU and you realize it's Elektra's.  Thank you very much :).  One of the worst is when they get Ghostey's repeater tile cause it always winds up in a place where you can't match it for a while...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    A good thing is when the AI fires off a TU and you realize it's Elektra's.  Thank you very much :).  One of the worst is when they get Ghostey's repeater tile cause it always winds up in a place where you can't match it for a while...
    So even Ghosty Team-ups are the better option. And the thing is, I wouldn't change Elektra at all because she really isn't a team player and so the 4* version is quite apt.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    I've been running into a lot of GR teamups recently, thankfully none of them have been his black power.  Penance stare is quite evil when used against you ;)
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I've been running into a lot of GR teamups recently, thankfully none of them have been his black power.  Penance stare is quite evil when used against you ;)
    Penance Stare is one of those ones that makes you shudder as an enemy team-up. When C4rol was boosted recently I had just wreaked havoc with some 24k photon goodness only to get hit in the face with a black GR team-up.  A bit like when you see the other team has Gamma Siphon and you just know you are losing your green AP.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I just checked again, and it turns out that Double-Double Cross makes 1 enemy special less than Think Like the Enemy requires to start nibbling. So really you need to save up 14 purple for Elektr4 to have that power do anything meaningful on a dry board. Ghost 4ider looking better all the time lol. 
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ghost Rider 4*
    But, hey! She's great against Daken off the bat!