Options

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Okoye/XFDP/Drax
    Substitute Drax with Medusa and you have the team I'm currently running in Sim & PvP most of the time. Absolutely devastating.

Try Drax. Medusa doesn't trigger until turn 2, only triggers once per turn, and skips a turn every time her CD expires.

Drax triggers for every XFDP CD out there. Can easily be multiple times per turn and starts immediately.

Go get them TU's!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm getting pretty close to champing my Kraven, at which point I am going to see if Kraven, Elektr4, Lockjaw is a fun Legion of Losers or not- rainbow coverage with actives on everything but yellow. My plan is to mostly just chase purple to get enemy strikes on the board early, then just see what happens after that.

I know Kraven/Carnage/Medusa is probably the superior Kraven team, but my Carnage is 3/5/0 and doesn't stay alive long enough to do that much. This is mostly just an exercise in justifying my terrible choices in champing 4*s lol. #ThanksRNG
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Since my only boosted champ this week is Lockjaw, I figured I'd test out a hypothetical team i've been meaning to try for awhile now. I went into Heavy Metal with IM40, Peggy (5/3/5 lvl 131), and Shuri. If you can get Recharge off one time, that gives you 3 uses of Vibranium Virtuoso, which makes all your powers cost 3 AP less, and the combination of Peggy's AP tax and shuri's means that enemy powers cost 6AP more (would be 7 if i could re-spec my unchamped peggy). Since Peggy's AP tax tends to start strong and taper, and Shuri's tends to start slow and finish strong, this actually works out really well as an equalizer.

You also get to fire off Do as Peggy Says a few times for the multi-stun and wild countdown spam. You then can use Shuri's green to shake the board, and then start doing all that fortified match damage bonus with Shuri until the countdowns all resolve. Even with a weak Peggy, this team is hitting crazy hard. I was able to take out a few soft-capped 5* teams with just a little IM40 match damage before they were stun-locked and dead. The only thing to watch out for here is that fortified countdowns go away and take the fortification with them, so you may need to keep VV firing as you get the red.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since my only boosted champ this week is Lockjaw, I figured I'd test out a hypothetical team i've been meaning to try for awhile now. 
    Man, you got my hopes up.  I was really hoping for a team suggestion with bad doggy  ;)  Your team suggestion sounds fun, I'll give it a whirl.  I usually use Shuri with BP for the extra passive damage, but thanks for suggesting Peggy.  I keep forgetting she's there  :D
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Mohawk Storm, Nico, and Lockjaw is a team i really like. Chase black for storm, hilarity ensues.

IM40, Lockjaw, Lady Thor is probably a nightmare factory in this event in particular. My Lady Thor is 5/3/4 lvl 168, and would be the primary nuke for that team so I haven't run it yet to see. But as with all IM40 teams, get Recharge on the board, then use Lockjaw's green, and then clean up the mess with Lady Thor's red/blue. Or use Lockjaw's blue if a color you like is most prevalent on the board.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Not really that interesting I guess but Vulture and Gamora is an amazing pair that has single handedly helped me 6x clear all the 5* essential nodes (in SCL 9!) of the last few events.  Get Vulture some black and Gamora some blue and between her stun and his AOE the enemy team hardly has a chance to get a power off. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hehe, Thorina, Lockjaw and IM 40 rocks!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    Hehe, Thorina, Lockjaw and IM 40 rocks!
    I ran that team in Behemoth Burrito or something right after I champed Lockjaw. Over half the board was charged tiles at one point. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not really that interesting I guess but Vulture and Gamora is an amazing pair that has single handedly helped me 6x clear all the 5* essential nodes (in SCL 9!) of the last few events.  Get Vulture some black and Gamora some blue and between her stun and his AOE the enemy team hardly has a chance to get a power off. 
    Actually it's really interesting. Sandman makes a good third here. You sacrifice damage by using his green over Vulture's, but you add another stun and it's more reliable.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5* DD 4/5/2
    4*Black Widow 5/3/5
    Captain Peggy 5/3/5

My DD isn’t champed but I’m working on it. The key to everything is yellow. Peggy’s passive holds the opponent at bay as you chase colors. You usually start with DD at less than 40%/50% for the strikes. BW’s yellow may be the most important. At lvl 5, it drops your powers by 3 (and adds 3 more to opponents). Peggy’s blue drops to 8, her red to 6, DDs green to 8, his purple to 6, and Widows own black to 5.

Stuns galore. Which means DD is pumping double damage to each stunned foe. Rainbow covered. This team really blends well once BW’s Brush Pass hits.

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since I was getting a little tired of the usual 4* Cage/Wasp/Carol shenanigans in Venom Bomb, I traded up to Drax/Wasp/Cloak and Dagger.  Collect 6 blue to get the countdown damage rolling, then take your pick of a) stun b) making parts of the board explode c) sitting around watching the attack damage roll in.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Actually it's really interesting. Sandman makes a good third here. You sacrifice damage by using his green over Vulture's, but you add another stun and it's more reliable.
    I haven't tried it yet, but Shuri also has a single stun on green with the AP cost reduction on red; I might try this out at some point and see how it feels.
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations) 1/2/3
    Luke Cage (Power Man) 5/5/3
    Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) 3/5/5

Just got Cage champed this week and immediately wanted to try him with his hunny and their babysitter. So far, it feels like a pretty versatile all-around pretty-good team. The main issue is @unbeatablesg only having 1/4 the health of the other two, but Cage gives a pretty solid defense as long as I'm not forced to start too many matches with purple and green.

One of the issues I always run into with Iron Finn + Power Man is that they're both pretty slow on their own, and don't even accelerate each other that much; they usually need a third who can cheaply generate Strike tiles in order to get going properly. Jones' red power isn't that cheap, but she makes plenty of red for herself most of the time when you match any of her colors; Jones' red provides plenty of friendly special tiles for Cage to fortify, and her black gets +400ish damage (nothing mind-blowing at rank 2, but still a decent bonus) from Cage's black protect tiles if the opponent is spamming powers.

Finn is probably a better meta pick than Squirrel Girl, overall, but Squirrel Girl is a more fun flavor. One thing she can do that Finn can't is contribute some board shake. Ms. Green's green helps get rid of unmatchable trap tiles and harvest more AP overall, plus her countdown tiles can be fortified by Mr. Cage.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With boosted Gwenpool, she, Medusa and Hawkguy annhiliated the Carnage node in Brooklyn Bridge of Venom Bomb. Sure, it’s not the most original team, but it does give a good green outlet for the Medusa/Hawkguy engine. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t know why I haven’t used my 5* Thor more. 

Decided to break him him out (half health of course) and he’s a way more disgusting battery than Gambit (all my 5s are level 255 but Gambit is max-covered with 5 Black and Thor is max-covered with 5 Green). 

He was fueling Red/Yellow for boosted Nova to deliver his patented pew pew/ pop-up powerbomb combo all over fools. In non-essential nodes I’m using Gwenpool as my third since he fuels her gun as well. 

Fun team that has me fast enough to hang with the 5* players currently. And the fact that he’s under leveled means I can have others tank for him. Definitely breaking him out more. 
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    GSBW (4/3/5), IM40 (3/2/4), Psylocke (4/4/4)

I used the first two plus SW against Ultron. Decided to use them again for Heavy Metal. SW didn't really help with Ultron so wanted a replacement. Wanted someone with black since the others don't have that and maybe blue since I didn't want to use IM40's because I dislike when abilities takes from my own AP. Psylocke had both black and blue, was decently levelled, and her abilities were decent and didn't cost much.

I do miss having a healer on the team because that's useful but these three have been doing well and not losing too much health most of the time so I'll stick with them for now. I'm just glad the first two are boosted in this event/week, they'll probably need a healer when they're not. Of course both GSBW and Psylocke only need 1 (or up to 6 if I'm unlucky for GSBW) more cover to be champs so hopefully the team will work without needing boosted then.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    Options
    For ultron, try using SWitch/Fist/Quicksilver. Most of those bosses benefit from you having the ability to place colored tiles where you want them so that you can clear out their novelty tiles (those bombs in the case of Ultron). This team gives you the ability to flood the board with purple, then black. Once you have enough black in the bank, that purple gain from Switch turns into a very cheap 4k points of damage from Fist, and in a pinch you can use Quicksilver's black to swap some tiles around and match away anything you may have missed, or create an opportune match-5 for yourself. Spec your SWitch in full battery mode at 3/5/5 since Ultron is immune to stun. Use that green on a clump of some color you want.

Switch/Fist is one of the great battery teams if you need black, and has the advantage of also being able to deal damage when you need it. Even as a solid 4* player, my Ultron team is SWitch/Fist/C4rol -> use Command Decision to force the purple generation, make black, use Photonic Barrage, 1-shot the boss. 

My new fun team: I just champed Kraven this morning, so I took Lockjaw (5/3/5)/Patch (lvl 253)/Kraven (5/5/3) into the simulator. The gimmick here is to get Patch's green down as fast/often as you can while Lockjaw and Kraven sit around passively nibbling everything. Lockjaw's green is slightly cheaper, so if you are up against a team with 4ocket you can use his charge spam power frist. I beat a soft-capped OML/Mr. F/Medusa without too much trouble, and then went hunting for a Medusa/4ocket/g4mora team. I made the mistake of letting 4ocket put that bomb on the board, so I ate a bunch of damage, but I still handily took the win. I'm thinking that using Medusa over Patch against that team is probably the move, but I like Patch generically for generating friendly strike spam for Lockjaw alongside the enemy strike spam for Kraven. Once I champ Elektr4, I'll see if she feels like a better choice or not. I think I'd re-spec lockjaw to 3/5/5 with her since there won't be as much friendly special spam out there, and his inhuman summons will be more effective. That power is actually a reasonably cheap path to 4-5k damage when you have it at 5, i just usually have more friendly special based teams running when I try and use him.

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used to hate the Eddie Brock/Carnage/symbiote node in Venom Bomb, but now I can run Medusa/Ant-Man/Lockjaw.  It's absurdly simple to get either purple for Hair Meddle or blue for Small Time Crooks.  Steal all the attack tiles, then watch your opponents either get punched in the face or bitten in the butt.  Eventually you'll have enough green to dump some charged tiles for more chompy action.
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Only 2 days left to enter personal giveaway contest.  

at https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73146/giveaway-gift-cert-teams-combo-db-push

Just enter a team that you use, tell how you use it.   one entry per team entered, up to 5.

Form for entering team is http://tiny.cc/MPQteam
    For looking at the list of teams is http://tiny.cc/MPQteams