Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled one of the 4* covers from the HoD vault. :) It's a black for my 5/1/3 Punisher :(
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good: I got bored and decided to grind PvP (which I hardly ever play, maybe 575 for 10CP if I'm done with PvE early). Since the bus ride went long, I managed to hit my 2,000 points for SHIELD and my 4,000 points for the season for a 10-pack.

Bad: 9 2-stars

Bit of Both: My other cover was a 4-star, and it gave me a bonus 4-star! The reason this is "Bit of Both" instead of "Good" is that the 4-star was a 14th cover for someone I wasn't actively champing...and since I forgot to remove a favorite after getting 13 covers, so was the other. Between those and the person I'm actively champing, I now need to figure out how to get 775,000 Iso in the next 2 weeks.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Good: After using a combination of Carnage, Vulture, and Medusa in Ice Breaker (depending on who was on the other team) I logged off last night 10-15 points shy of 400. Woke up this morning to find I'd been hit once during the night. The points from the defensive win bumped me up over 400.

At that point I was just a few hundred points shy of 4,000 for the Season so with nothing better to do on my train ride I RHulk Bombed a few matches in The Simulator to climb to ~1400 and grab the 10-pack.

The Bad: I got 10 2-star covers.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good - I got a character to 13 covers with no duplication.

Bad - It was Ragnarok.

Meh - It was my farmed Ragnarok, and I left the original one three covers short to account for duplicates.  Three more covers, and I can sell him for enough ISO to...champ the new Ragnarok.   :|
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good: No more wasted covers!

Bad: my 1/4/1 Okoye is looking a lot worse...
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Good: Got a HfH to fully cover my 5/2/5 Elektra.

Bad: I've finally run the course of my ISO surplus, and now have about a week to come up with 176K. I have no idea what my ISO income is, because for a long time it was better than my CP income, so I just hovered between 1 and 2 million. Now it's actually going to matter.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good: Got a HfH to fully cover my 5/2/5 Elektra.

Bad: I've finally run the course of my ISO surplus, and now have about a week to come up with 176K. I have no idea what my ISO income is, because for a long time it was better than my CP income, so I just hovered between 1 and 2 million. Now it's actually going to matter.
    Your posts suggest your playing being comparable to mine and I'm gaining around 45k iso a day, so you should be fine. Worst case you may need to harvest a 2* early.

If you havn't applied the 13th cover yet, this could also be an opportunity to play with the new cover saving system.
    You can save the cover (starting tomorrow) on the vine then apply the 13 and have as long as you want to champ her.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I suspect I'm going to be fine, but it was more just the realization that I had hit the point where I need to start actually paying attention to my ISO and planning how to use it. Up until a week or so ago, I could just champ anyone as soon as they hit 13 covers, but no I've got her and Bl4de at 13 covers, another 17 4* at 10-12 covers, and only a few hundred ISO. It was a bit of a shock.

I did already train the 13th cover, so no fooling around with Saved Covers for her. I've got useless PunMax and 4Clops covers on the vine that will be my first Saved Covers, tho, since there's no way they're getting champed anytime soon, even if I do start drawing anything other than black and blue, respectively.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Something good: Hit a team with a boosted 4Pool who's threshold for X-Enforcer was like 4 points over what my C4rol does with Energy Manipulation.

Something bad: The next team, the 4Pool was slightly lower level, and my Energy Manipulation damage was one point over his threshold. Almost beat them anyhow, but he got the AP for his red when he was the last one standing, at 86 health, and took out my last character.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Over the past month, I've champed Luke C4ge (who I've sold 3 red covers before finally getting a black), Gwenpool, Iceman, Chulk & Shuri.  Just this week, I've gotten the 13th covers for Quake (who I've sold a lot of 3green and 1 blue before getting a 3rd yellow), Ghost Rider, & Valkyrie. 

I'm hoping no other covers for these 3 come up when I try to get my 1st Okoye since I only have 125K iso right now.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    day 1629, got a standard token for the daily reward, rockin
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good: Got to champ Teen Jean and rebuild my 2* farm.

Average: Missed the first day and a half of Simulator but still managed to get Jubilee's cover and the 8CP.

Bad: Jubilee. She is pap.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good: pulled my fifth black Gambit cover today
    Bad: that quickly turned bad when I logged into the forum and saw that they nerfed him
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good : was happy to see the reintroduction of win based pvp as I have never been able to get to 1200 points without getting attacked by masses of 5* champ teams 

Bad: having champed my first 5* a month or so ago, they are nerfing him to uselessness in 4 weeks time, time to stick my gambit on eBay 🙁
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good got a bonus hero thanos cover 

bad 48 pulls and not a single wasp (well I got 2 4* wasps !)

3 from 48 not sure of the percentage but it’s nowhere near 15% 👿
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good got a bonus hero thanos cover 

bad 48 pulls and not a single wasp (well I got 2 4* wasps !)

3 from 48 not sure of the percentage but it’s nowhere near 15% 👿
    I've not tried for Wasp yet but I had no luck with Infini Cap or Okoye from their stores, yet managed to pull a cover for each as soon as they went into Latest from a much smaller amount of pulls. Did you at least get some JJ/Okoye? Those are nice consolation prizes.

RNG is a fickle mistress.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really, really like 4* Wasp with C4rol and badly want my own Wasp to be useble. Before all this, I started with a 1/3/0 Wasp.

Good: Between boss progression, pvp progression, and soon Growth Industry, my Wasp grew three covers! Yay progress!

Bad: After all these events, she'll be 3/4/0. My Partners in Crime vault has a blue cover and my Avengers vs Ultron vault also has a blue cover, so I can't even fish for her black. RNG has decided no black for me, I guess.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good - Thor, equipped with a LVL 88 Quad Gun support (the only one I've put any Red ISO into) made a match and fortified his Smoldering Fire Tile.
    Bad - Two more yellows came down and matched it, removing the fortification.

Good - That match fortified the Smoldering Fire Tile again.
    Bad - Two *more* yellows came down and matched it.
    Worse - Would you believe two more yellows came down, and finally got rid of it?

Meh - I got enough yellow to recast it the next turn.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Good - Unexpected Heroic 10-pack as my daily reward, yay!
    Bad - Pack yielded 9 two-stars and one 3* Gambit. :s 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Good - Got a 4* off a heroic, including a usable 10th cover for Spider-Gwen as a Bonus Hero
    Bad - I need something like 145K ISO in the next day and a half to be able to get her to 209 before Shield Training ends.