Latest Legends 5-Star Cover Exchanges *Updated (6/15/18)

Options

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is definitely not a positive change, despite the new save feature.

i am not a hoarder.  I open primarily latest as I play pve and need new 5* more frequently.  I am usually able to finish the toon while they’re in latest without hoarding.  This has largely been doable thanks to swaps.  For LumberCap I pulled 10 purple covers.  So my save box would’ve been full long before I had the requisite 13.  Now you’ve gone from a service that let me exchange 1:1 where now I need FIVE(!!) to get 1 and even then, may need to potentially do that multiple times if a certain color is particularly elusive.

These did not need to be done concurrently.  Adding save feature didn’t need to replace this feature.
    Same. Pulling as I get enough CP/LTs has been fun and more than enough to cover the Latest 5*s. With the end of 1:1 Latest swaps, I may have to start hoarding so that unusable covers go into champ levels instead of being worth 1/5 of a cover swap.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby, does the HFH 5* rotation change now? Or the cost of the 5*? (250 CP for Classic, 500 CP for Latest)
    I'm unaware of there being any proposed changes to the Heroes for Hire 5-Star bundle costs at this moment
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    why is it 5 to 1 ratio change in swaping  with cover saves instead of 1 to 1 ratio?  it's programed in, just change the number "5" to "1"
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm a Day 1373 player, I play more than I should every day, and I still don't have a single 5* character at 13 covers. I've also never hoarded. I feel like if you're spending enough money or time to get more than 5 covers in a specific color of a Latest 5* you're probably spending / playing an unhealthy amount, OR you've been patiently hoarding CP for months while also being notably active in the game (either also spending or just playing a lot.) In either case, you should probably get some favorable edge for this. I think the new saved covers feature is great. Keep the 5:1 ratio for 2* and 3* characters. Maybe make it 3:1 or 4:1 for 4* characters and classic 5* characters. But for Latest, keep it 1:1.
  • Pico
    Pico Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2018
    Options
     @Brigby
    What will happen with the dupes that already people have? Cap.America ... at 2/5/4... dupe at 0.4.0. Will we be able to merge that to saved covers or will just end up to be a lost cause? 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee said:
    I'm a F2P 5* player who has used CS cover swaps three times.

I'm ok with this change.

Yes, it delays the completion of 5* characters, which is a negative. But it's a positive in so many other cases. The vast majority of the time, you'll get the 13th cover before you max the 5 saved covers and have to convert. Yes, exceptions happen, but they'll be pretty rare.

Everyone knew the 5* swap wasn't going to last forever. I'm currently opening LL's right now trying to complete JJ and Okoye, so this might end up affecting me, but I'm still fine with the change.

As with all changes in the game, some will accept this more quickly than others. Some never will. It's the nature of things.
    Same, F2P as well. I only used the service twice (hawkeye and cap iw). The two other times I needed it (gambit and okoye), I simply continued pulling from the hoard. The number of pulls to hoard will undoubtedly go up, but I believe this is a good compromise. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pico said:
     @Brigby
    What will happen with the dupes that already people have? Cap.America ... at 2/5/4... dupe at 0.4.0. Will we be able to merge that to saved covers or will just end up to be a lost cause? 

The old Captain America I assume? With the new one you could just have gotten the covers swapped.

My 0/5/0 Okoye is not too happy about these news...

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While I am happy for the new feature "saved covers" for the Classic  stars, I would have preferred that on Latest Legends you could continue to allow the swaps.....
    BITTERSWEET  :(
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The simple solution is the 1:1 swap for 5* covers (i think a lot of players would accept 1:2 as well). Keep whatever rates for 2-3-4*. Otherwise it's not even money grab - it's a direct blow in the gut for the players. And it mainly alienates the veteran players who have invested money in the game. 

If you feel that the new players are bouncing off the game because of the veterans having developed rosters - just work on different match making and story events bracketing rather then driving players away.
  • Pico
    Pico Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Pico said:
     @Brigby

The old Captain America I assume? With the new one you could just have gotten the covers swapped.

My 0/5/0 Okoye is not too happy about these news...

The cover its just my case, but many other casees can be any 5* from classics. Either way... to "pay" a higher price for latest and dont have an "edge" seems like a roberry... you spent 25cp for a cover that you can get for 20cp ... because is/will never be the case that you will get 1/7 a 5* from latest ... in exchange you will get, the 4* that you can get for 20cp but for 25cp an a bit of hope that the next pull might be a purple. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know somebody has this info, but when did they start the LL tokens and doing the LL swaps?   How long has this been going on?  
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know somebody has this info, but when did they start the LL tokens and doing the LL swaps?   How long has this been going on?  

Thanos was the first time I heard of Latest cover swaps, so almost 2yrs.

I know we've been complaining about the 6th cover issue since the beginning so almost 5yrs there.

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Given the death of swaps and the new banking system, would it be fair to ask that a duplicate 4* be broken down?  I'd rather have covers converted into banked colorless covers than just sitting there wasted on a roster slot that could be put to better use.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    nycjonny said:
    Brigby are the swaps that happen to another LL when and if you have an LL character at 550 also ending? 
    As of right now, we do not plan to continue any cover exchange policies following the 27th.
    Maybe you could do one-time exceptions?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    OJSP said:
    The Legendary tokens were split to Classic and Latest in January 2016. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/37977/announcement-classic-and-latest-legendary-packs
    So the temporary fix was a 2.5 year fix.  This is why this became a standard operating procedure.  Now after 2.5 years of doing a 1 for 1 swap, this will go away to a 5:1 swap if you are that unlucky. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Jexman said:
    Yes, this is terrible. I’m a day 1600+ player. The only reason to keep playing (and spending) is a hope that gameplay will at least stay as fun as it’s been. The endgame is not fun, as this thread is spelling out (hoarding is soooo boring, and there’s a lot of competition for other even ftp mobile games, not mention all the other fun things to do with our time). I see this move and the move to end vaulting as moves aimed at shedding longtime players in favor of new players. The developers have decided there’s nothing they want to do to improve the endgame (make it a middle game?), so they’ll just get rid of us and try to find new players. Bleh. 
    The 1st half of this is me in a nutshell