Latest Legends 5-Star Cover Exchanges *Updated (6/15/18)

Options

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Update: For players that have a Latest Legends 5-Star character maxed out at level 550, we will still be offering cover exchanges from the maxed out Latest Legends character to another Latest Legends character. The same is true for if players have all 3 of their Latest Legends 5-Star characters maxed out, and wish to exchange their extra Latest Legend covers for any other character cover of their choice.

In addition, we would like to offer all players a one-time exception service of breaking down duplicate 5-Star characters into their respective covers. This is not limited to a single character, however you must request all of your character breakdowns at the same time. This offer will have the same deadline as the Latest Legends Cover Exchange (June 27th at 11:59pm PDT)
    WOW!!!   The 5* dupe break up is awesome. This is very very happy news.  I can finally use these 3 roster slots for something else!!!  
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Update: For players that have a Latest Legends 5-Star character maxed out at level 550, we will still be offering cover exchanges from the maxed out Latest Legends character to another Latest Legends character. The same is true for if players have all 3 of their Latest Legends 5-Star characters maxed out, and wish to exchange their extra Latest Legend covers for any other character cover of their choice.

In addition, we would like to offer all players a one-time exception service of breaking down duplicate 5-Star characters into their respective covers. This is not limited to a single character, however you must request all of your character breakdowns at the same time. This offer will have the same deadline as the Latest Legends Cover Exchange (June 27th at 11:59pm PDT)
    So it’s still going to be 5:1 ratio going forward?  With nothing more to look forward too?

im not saying I’m quitting but my play time will probably drop significantly if this is it.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:

So it’s still going to be 5:1 ratio going forward?  With nothing more to look forward too?

im not saying I’m quitting but my play time will probably drop significantly if this is it.
    The development team is still reviewing feedback, but we figured that in the meantime, we could offer some assistance from the Customer Support side
    Ah got ya! Fair enough!
  • The rockett
    Options
    @Brigby this is a lot of information with some big changes and some people don’t come to the forums.  Will there be pop ups in game to explain these changes inculding the dupe 5* break up? 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Update: 

Can they also do the same for 4* dups?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    I never ever post complaints about this game but here we go. 

1. 5 covers for 1!!!!!! You have literally now just forced people to mass pull before the deadline, and then forced everyone to hoard until they have 0 over the latest 5*'s or have champs they dont mind increasing. 

2. Why don't you just do colourless for latest?! Then you keep everyone happy, and make it so nobody is contacting CS! 

I do not understand why you guys do this......it's so god damn frustrating. 

1.  They did nothing of the sort.  I and many many other won't be mass pulling from Latest before the deadline.  In fact I'm actually thrilled to do a mass pull from Classics as soon as the new system comes into play.  The mindset of focusing on Latest is instilled into people, but there's no requirement to stick to it.  I suspect there will be a lot of people that will focus more heavily on Classics vs Latest and feel less need to hoard than ever before.  I sure do.

2.  Anyone who thought colorless covers was ever going to happen was dilution.  Everyone would have been happy for a month until they either undid the system or closed down the game because they could no longer actually make money.  Cover stress forcing sales is a larger driver of how the game stays in business.  The fact that this is only 5:1, you get the extra champ levels if you don't trade them, and that there's no HP, ISO, or CP cost to us it is WAAAYY more generous than I expected.

You understand because you're not seeing it from both sides.  

1. You mean the guy who already has a fully cover bearded cap, JJ, won't be pulling before the deadline? Im shocked.....(no I'm not). You have no need to mass pull as you won't be needing cover swaps. However you will eventually therefor you will need to hoard otherwise wasted covers will come. There is no requirement other than the amount of 5*'s in the classics is far too much compared to latest. It would take so much luck, and so much pulling to get a fully covered from 0 classic. So lets not act like this is a real option. It is for someone like you who's got 2/3 latest fully covered. 

2. I never once said it was going to happen. However it's a lot better option than a 5 to 1 swap. You saying "This is more generous" going from 1 to 1 to 5 to 1 is funny. Setting the expectations is the problem. 2 years of 1 for 1 then changing 5 to 1 is insane. If you don't think so then you would be the one who's delisional. 

I do see it from both sides. I've played the game for 3 years now almost 4. This is by far the worst thing they have done to the players. 
    1. You clearly don't understand this change or me.... at all lol.  Yes I have champed LumberCap and JJ and if I could turn back time and not crack my hoard last week and get them I would.  I would have much much rather got 25% more pulls than champ either of them....

Why would I need to hoard now?  IMO this change marks the end of my hoarding.  I'm now a reformed former hoarder.  Why would I hoard when the odds of cover waste is now so low?  My plan going forward will be to keep a floating 500 CP (for H4H purchases if needed) and open Classics as I get CP.  I will probably hoard LTs until a worthy 5* comes into Latest and/or I get to a point where all 5*s but latest are champed.  

2.  Again, you don't understand the system.  The times when people will need to use the 5:1 swap won't be very high unless they are careless.  Most formites will be able to easily avoid that in most situations.  What it does give is 18 chances to get the correct 15 on EVERY 5* (and 2* - 4*).  That's very generous, far more than forcing us to only chase the latest 3 and force everyone to an ugly meta of everyone playing the same 3 characters (at least at into level 5*s).

Save this convo and look back in a few months.  We'll see how it plays out.  I'm not so egotistical to believe it's impossible that I'm wrong, I've been wrong before, but I don't think this is one of those times.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:

Edit:  Apparently a light-hearted joke was taken wrong... Fine it's gone.
  • The rockett
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:

The development team is still reviewing feedback, but we figured that in the meantime, we could offer some assistance from the Customer Support side
    I still do believe the 5:1 on 5* is extreme and hope they reconsider this to a lower level.  Yes I know it is hard to have this happen, but I have had it happen to 2 5* myself (PHX and IM46). 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart move catering to the 550s.  Also nice gesture allowing for dupes to be broken down.  Guess I should’ve held the 8 or so 5s I’ve burned over my time.  
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

So, theoretically, if you have a 5* cover that expires before the Save Feature goes live on the 18th, you could roster that cover as a duplicate 5* character, and then use this one-time breakdown before the 27th in order to be able to Save that cover. Basically, a multi-step process to extend the expiration date, just this one time.

Right?

You would still have to come up with the roster space (either buying a new spot or selling a character to make room), but this would help anyone with 5*s currently expiring take advantage of Saves.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m one of those weird people that started maxing 5s when DD was released but did not put any iso in them. All these changes are really making it hard to play the way I like. Oh well. I’ll adjust**. I really wanted Okoye but with Jess max-covered and not having the iso to champ her (or being ready to jump into the 5 game) I guess I’m going to miss out because I can’t risk wasting a bunch of Jess to get Okoye swaps and the new system that will be in place won’t benefit me either. Ah well. 

** by adjust I mean I’m going to simply hoard and hoard until they make a change (or announce no changes). Brigby seems really interested in getting our feedback to the developers, so I’m cautiously optimistic. I can wait it out while continuing my 2/3* rechamp initiative. 

I would also also love to pull Classics now with dilution rearing it’s ugly head in BOTH the 4 and 5 tier but would need the iso to bring my five max-covered 5* to champ status. That’s going to cost a grip. Again, I’ve got plenty of time to see what’s coming down the pipeline. Luckily I really enjoy the game. 
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    pheregas said:

TLDR: A 5:1 exchange rate is way too high.  At max it should be 2:1 because even at pulling one LT a day, you'll rarely ever champ a 5* ever again at 5:1.  Even a long time vet with a full roster won't be able to champ any more 5s without extreme RNG luck.
    A long time vet with a full roster is making WAY more than 1 LT pull per day, though - more like 4-5.
    I don't see how that math works out. There's only so many rewards in a day
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Spoit said:
    Bowgentle said:
    pheregas said:

TLDR: A 5:1 exchange rate is way too high.  At max it should be 2:1 because even at pulling one LT a day, you'll rarely ever champ a 5* ever again at 5:1.  Even a long time vet with a full roster won't be able to champ any more 5s without extreme RNG luck.
    A long time vet with a full roster is making WAY more than 1 LT pull per day, though - more like 4-5.
    I don't see how that math works out. There's only so many rewards in a day
    Champ rewards add a lot towards this.  The higher your champ farm, the higher rewards you get.  I'm close to 3 LTs/day where i'm at.  I can see the top players making 4 to 5.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    That swap for 5* LL at 550 is a good gesture. I find it amazing that someone can max out LL characters (level 550) within 4-5 months. Pulling 13 covers for a specific LL character is challenging enough. To pull another 100 for that specific characters ...  they got to be super whales. This makes business sense and I seen similar thing in real life as well.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This update was the last straw for me. I know that regardless of all the feedback in this thread, D3 is gonna do what D3 is gonna do. It may be good, may be bad, but chances are high that it will be bad. Thanks for all the fish.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd just like to add on to what's being said here that 5:1 for 5*s is insane. For 3 and 4*s I'm perfectly okay with them, as I'd much rather bank them and pull that elusive last cover than leave them to expire.

For 5*s, I think a 3:1 ratio is much more realistic. Just my 2 cents