Latest Legends 5-Star Cover Exchanges *Updated (6/15/18)

Options

Comments

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This change is good. It’s also going to get me to champ my first 5* because I have a dupe for a 13 cover Thor. 

What I would also like to see is more 4* feeders (even 2 for each 5*) because it’s really hard to get any particular 5* from a Classic token. 

I think what I’ll end up doing is hoping to make significant progress on new 5*s while they are in Latest with the tokens and using CP on Classic pulls to try and finish off classic 5*s as time passes. 

Nice thing for me personally is my 5* Hawkeye is 5,3,3 and my Kate Bishop is level 279 so previously I would soon get a useless blue cover. Now that cover will eventually be the first champ level. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Read the thread start to finish. I will wait to see how it all plays out before any real judgement.  I will continue to open Latest only to get one cover for PVE essential node purposes. All my CP will probably be spent on Classics (since I have most already champed, all over the course of this past year) unless there is a meta changing Latest in the pipeline worth saving for. I don’t like to hoard. I’m hoping I never have to exchange 5:1 for a Latest 5*, and that I will eventually get that 13th cover so I could champ it before I’m forced to use that saved cover exchange. 
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    5:1 for 5* is insane and it should change for the other tiers is fine!
  • DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Another lousy move by the Devs who must be tired of working on this game as they certainly seem intent on killing it. So Customer Service has been overwhelmed by requests. BooHoo. The players have asked for colourless covers for months. 5 for 1? Give your heads a collective shake. Epics are hard to come by, it should be 1 for 1, end of story.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DaSal said:
    Another lousy move by the Devs who must be tired of working on this game as they certainly seem intent on killing it. So Customer Service has been overwhelmed by requests. BooHoo. The players have asked for colourless covers for months. 5 for 1? Give your heads a collective shake. Epics are hard to come by, it should be 1 for 1, end of story.
    I'd like to see 1:1 for latest, 2:1 for classics.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I don’t think I’ll exchange 5:1 in most circumstances. For example. If I have a 5/4/3 character and 5 of the first cover in the bank. I’ll likely just roll the dice and sell the cover if I get another of cover 1 and hope the next one will net me 5 champ levels instead of the one I’d of gotten if I converted. 

All the future would-be-trashed Howards are rejoicing right now by the way. 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If the real problem was CS backlog for swap requests , they should have just made the latest 5* covers colorless . But the real problem was that too many people found out about it when the system was only put in place for when Mr cranky pants submitted a ticket  super pissed off.
    Personally the new system will not really have any serious impact on my 5* strategy , the biggest difference for me is I might be more inclined to go fishing in the classics pool
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t think I’ll exchange 5:1 in most circumstances. For example. If I have a 5/4/3 character and 5 of the first cover in the bank. I’ll likely just roll the dice and sell the cover if I get another of cover 1 and hope the next one will net me 5 champ levels instead of the one I’d of gotten if I converted. 

All the future would-be-trashed Howards are rejoicing right now by the way. 
    i just sold one...
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bowla33 said:

5:1 sucks for 5*. No if, and or buts about it. 
    That's why you should never do it.  720 CP for a 5* cover sucks too, which is why we always recommend people don't do it.  Still there is the occasional situation where someone feels compelled to spend that for some reason and for them I guess it's nice to have that option.  That's all the 5:1 is now - something most of us won't ever need to do, something most of us won't be willing to do......but a nice option for the handful of people that are just desperate for that one cover.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    At this point I will just start opening classic tokens once JJ (and maybe Cap) rotates out.  I am never going to hoard for 600+ pulls at this point in the game.  I have fully covered Gambit, Thor and DD but only because I was able to do 1:1 cover exchanges.  No way would I have been able to cover any of those 3 characters under this new policy.  Now classic tokens make more sense, even with the dilution, since they are 25% cheaper and you can save those 5 power duplicate covers instead of selling them for 2000 iso.  It isn't the ideal way to go imo for the game but for my play style it is now the best strategy.  If I waited to hoard until 600 pulls I would end up quitting the game before reaching that number.  
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    With the customer service exchange, I was able to tell people the ideal way to do Latest Legendary pulls is to hoard until you could to do 273 pulls based on the statistical odds of 1:7 giving you 39 five star Covers.  With the exchanges we could say at least one character of the three characters available would be fully covered over 95% about an 80% chance of the second character being covered, and about a 30% chance of the third.   These odds have dropped dramatically, because random number generation can be brutal. Especially with only a 11.11% chance of getting a needed covered out of those 39 five star covers.    There is no longer a guarantee of even one character being fully covered with those 273 pulls.  To actually get that 95%+ guarantee, you have to increase the total hoard pulls by a significant amount. This means ~15 more five star covers to be pulled which translates into a hoard of 273 + 105 = 378.  The 95% + guarantee for all three characters to be fully covered is a hoard of 588 pulls.  I highly doubt this would be needed for every player, but this is covering all the bases, statistically.  This gives a huge advantage to the players with current fives stars champed, and a dramatic disadvantage to newer players, because the fastest way into five star land is with the busting of a latest legendary hoard.
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    one that required special knowledge to use, and took place outside of the game.

This is the big point, IMO. I didn't know about the exchange thingy until I started reading the forums, and was fairly annoyed once I did learn about it; I felt like forum-readers' experiences had been privileged over mine, even though I was playing and paying about as much as (what I perceive to be) an "average" player. Even after finding out this was a thing, I really didn't want to bother CS; I've had to make manual data corrections for customers at various points in my own career, and it's such a pain in the butt, especially when I could be spending that time diagnosing or fixing legitimate problems.

Personally, I was happy to finally redeem all my LL tokens without having to worry about being forced to sell anything back, and I'm looking forward to continue using LL tokens without worrying about my 1/0/5 Okoye getting yet another red cover while I'm still trying to flesh out my 4* stable.

I'm finding that CP is generally better spent on Classic HFH deals anyway; iso is more precious than anything, so any opportunity to convert some non-iso resource into iso seems like it's worth going for, and 250 CP for 50k iso is a decent exchange rate; the "experience" gained from adding a 5-star cover is a nice bonus, too.

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sim Mayor said:
    Can we please just take a step back from the outrage in this thread and acknowledge that the critical new feature here isn't the exchanging, it's the saving? The whole point is that you no longer have to throw covers away for paltry Iso rewards. Save them and wait until the next cover you need comes around.

Still not getting that last cover? You can now choose to trade 5 covers that you didn't need for 1 that you do. Or you can choose not to. From what I'm reading, nothing in the system forces you to do it. If you get a 6th cover that you don't need, you keep it on the vine for 2 weeks in hopes of finding your next color. No luck? You can still sell it for Iso. And if you change your mind after another dozen bad pulls, those 5 covers are still waiting for you, ready to be swapped. Or, if you finally get that last cover you needed, you have 5 champ levels sitting there waiting for you. Bonus!

Does it stink that you no longer get 1:1 trades from CS? Yeah, but let's face it, they'd been trying to pull back on that option ever since they introduced the concept of Latest Legends and Classics. As many, many people have tried to reasonably point out, this was never supposed to be a permanent option.

TL;DR: @Brigby please ignore the negativity in this chat. A lot of us are really happy about this change and accept it in the spirit it was made. Thank you! 
    You aren't in 5 land I'm guessing?

It can take a day or 2 depending on how you play to get 25 cp, and from that 25 cp you get a 1 in 7 chance of a 5 star... there are NO other ways to get 5 stars unlike 1-4's. So saving means absolutely  nothing to the people when the ratio is 5:1 its so insane that it really doesn't matter.

All this does is remove a system in place that worked well for those that didn't want to horde and could play to get new 5 or classics for one that makes hording mandatory and the game much more boring and drawn out.

Unless you horde most wont get to experience a 5 anytime soon. If you aren't in 5 land now I'd suggest not "progressing" to it until more changes come or you have horded so much you can pull from the LL at least 3 or 4 times. 

But pointing points into a 5 "because they are cool" or you like the characters traps you into a VERY long grind to get any kind of progress with any other 5's outside of hording for the LL for months. 
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    there are NO other ways to get 5 stars

Well, there's the Crash of the Titans that comes every five days, there's the Personal Progression and Alliance Progression from boss events that are now coming every two weeks, there's the LL tokens that come from champ levels in 3* and 4* characters (assuming you have most of the 4* characters champed, you can expect that roughly every 12 LLs redeemed gives a 13th "free"), there are a handful of "feeder" characters (the list of which is being slowly but surely updated), there are HFH offers that also include a good amount of purple iso to help with that "crunch", and if you really must rank-up a specific 5-star power, I suppose you always can throw 720 CP down the toilet. I will argue angrily against anyone trying to claim that placement rewards are worth consideration in this, but assuming you play enough to hit full progression on PVE SCL7 or higher, I...have to disagree with the notion that "there are NO other ways to get 5 stars".

But OK, let's also just do the math. If you have at least one cover for every character (and you almost certainly do, if you're "in 5 land"), it's entirely possible to get full progression in SCL8 with an hour or so of cumulative play each day (and assuming you're not racing for progression like some kind of NEET, there's no reason it has to be a continuous hour). Full progression in SCL8 usually means 33 CP, and since we get two PVE events per week (haven't had 7-day events in a bit, though when we do the progression rewards are basically doubled anyway), that's 66 CP per week from PVE alone. We also get two each day from Behemoth Burrito, so add another 14 per week. And we get one from each "difficult" node, of which there are now about seven per sub-event, with about six sub-events per week (admittedly this does vary), yielding 42 per week unless there's an Alliance Event, which means if you exclusively play PVE, you pick up 122 CP on weeks with no Alliance Events. When an Alliance Event replaces a "normal" PVE event, you miss 33 CP from ordinary progression and ~21 from nodes, but you gain 1 CP each time you kill the boss; in my case, that's generally 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 8 + 8 = 35 CP, which almost makes up the difference, and then you also get 2 LL tokens on top.

Factoring in occasional dips into PVP, it's usually not that hard for most of us to reach 575 points (however temporarily) and earn the 10 CP per PVP tourney. We get about two of these per week, so if you can spare a couple extra hours per week, that brings us to 142 CP per week (or the equivalent in LL tokens). Which is to say that, not counting ephemeral, unreliable, or time-sensitive stuff like progression rewards, champ rewards, Alliance purchases, etc., you get the equivalent of 7 Classic Legends per week in CP alone. Alternatively, you can choose to save that for two weeks in order to have enough CP to buy a specific Classic 5-star character's cover (though you may have to wait a while for the deal to be available). Alternatively, you can buy 5.68 Latest Legends tokens per week, plus another Latest Legend per five days (Crash o' th' Titans).

This is by no means fast. But right now, the 5-star tier is basically the endgame. I wouldn't want it to progress quickly; if it did, it'd be over, and I'd run out of things to collect. Some people are apparently already there somehow, and are in a position where they probably need to take a one-month break (or longer) in order to "fall behind" enough for progression to be meaningful again.
  • General_Tojo
    General_Tojo Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not sure if I understand...If I have a 5* Gambit at 4/0/1 can I ask support to switch it to 1/2/2?

Or is it if I have 4 yellow Okoye covers on the vine, I can ask to change that to 1 yellow, 2 red and 1 black?