Latest Legends 5-Star Cover Exchanges *Updated (6/15/18)

Options

Comments

• FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    alaeth said:
    FinnyMPQ said:
    I agree. I've been fortunate enough to have taken advantage of the CS cover swaps a few times, but you can't always have it both ways. Sure it sucks to lose this particular feature but the new feature will help the 95% of the players not looking for 5* LL swaps, but rather saving that 3* Dr Doom they're so bummed about. 

We were all there at one time  :)
    Sure... but Dr.Doom is hundreds, if not thousands of times more likely that a specific 5*.

I fear this is another nail in the coffin of MPQ.  I wonder how many more of my friends will quit at the end of this season.
    And they're trying to walk the fine line of making the 1% happy while (assuming) continuing to make the game desirable for new players too.

Long story short if it's that big of a deal maybe it's time to find a new game/hobby to spend your time on. I have a few champed 5*s but am in no way a whale, to me this isn't a big deal at all. Certainly not to the point of being legitimately upset over. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,270 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bowla33 said:
    What are the odds of drawing 5 covers for a classic 5? 
    Very very low.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    nycjonny said:
    Brigby are the swaps that happen to another LL when and if you have an LL character at 550 also ending? 
    As of right now, we do not plan to continue any cover exchange policies following the 27th.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bowla33 said:
    DarkPhx - because your chances of getting a particular 5 are still much higher. .
    This doesnt matter as much now though, paying 25 cp was worth it to me because of 2 things the chances of getting 1 of 3 5's and being able swap covers. It also meant I needed to horde a bit or really rush and push to get a character that I wanted before they went to classic's.

Now why should I pay 5 more CP a pull for increased chances to get a cover that I'd just store until I could use it or (hopefully never get 5 of) and change the cover.

I'll just take my chances on classics for that much.

The only time this would change is if super strong 5's like thor and gambit came around... otherwise I don't really see the point. Mines well grow you 5 collection slowly now.

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    FinnyMPQ said:
    alaeth said:
    FinnyMPQ said:
    I agree. I've been fortunate enough to have taken advantage of the CS cover swaps a few times, but you can't always have it both ways. Sure it sucks to lose this particular feature but the new feature will help the 95% of the players not looking for 5* LL swaps, but rather saving that 3* Dr Doom they're so bummed about. 

We were all there at one time  :)
    Sure... but Dr.Doom is hundreds, if not thousands of times more likely that a specific 5*.

I fear this is another nail in the coffin of MPQ.  I wonder how many more of my friends will quit at the end of this season.
    And they're trying to walk the fine line of making the 1% happy while (assuming) continuing to make the game desirable for new players too.

Long story short if it's that big of a deal maybe it's time to find a new game/hobby to spend your time on. I have a few champed 5*s but am in no way a whale, to me this isn't a big deal at all. Certainly not to the point of being legitimately upset over. 
    The 5* tier is the last piece for any long time player to complete, regardless of whale status. The ratios in classics make this feature almost useless for probably 30% of the user base. 

Fix token dilution correctly instead of the backwards change just made and this would be less of an issue. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    So what I’m reading is the developers coded a way to allow 1 for 1 swaps to replace CS tickets.  But then they multiplied the cost by 5.  In what world does that make sense?
    It wasn't code. This was a temporary service that Customer Support provided through Support Tickets. We wanted to help alleviate the concern of unusable covers, but it quickly grew to consume a significant portion of their CS efforts. This was one reason why the team developed an in-game feature instead, that accomplishes the same goal, with the added benefit of applying to 2-Star, 3-Star, and 4-Star characters as well!
  • thedarkphoenix
    Options
    @Brigby are there any plans to increase chances for 5 covers from the LL or will that stay the same.

Also is there any chance that the number of covers needed for a convert can be dropped from 5? Even with my champed  3 stars I can't say I come across 5 covers often enough that if I could swap a color out I would outside every blue moon.

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5 to 1 ratio is impossibly high. Maybe 3 for 1 for a 5*, because that's already super painful.

It's gonna be super hard to cover latests now (for those of us without hoards).
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a very alienating and shortsighted decision.  You guys should not be driving away 5 star players right now.
  • thedarkphoenix
    Options
    A big problem that will probably rear its ugly head again is going to be the "gambit scenario" where everyone is hording until something good drops, something good drops everyone bust open there hordes, the players that didn't horde get left WAY behind even worse than with gambit and those same players along with the ones that dont like the "meta changing new 5"  throw fits about how the character needs to be nerfed.

On one hand you had tons of people blow through a horde  and spent money to cover this "good character" on the other you have a really strong character thats much harder to cover for those that don't have him or dont like to horde.

Do you nerf him/her or let it rock.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This makes hoarding more important, again.  Do you guys realize it’s not fun to take no rewards for 3-6 months?  With cover swaps, people were finally able to not hoard and still cover most 5s.
  • thedarkphoenix
    Options
    658_2 said:
    This makes hoarding more important, again.  Do you guys realize it’s not fun to take no rewards for 3-6 months?  With cover swaps, people were finally able to not hoard and still cover most 5s.
    This is my biggest thing.

I was able to actually play the game and keep it some what fresh and fun with newer 5's coming in since I hate hording. You bust a bunch of stuff open and don't really get to play and enjoy the characters leveling up...

With the way 5's the swaps and LL worked I could play without hording and grow my roster and still be competitive.. now if I dont horde it feels like a huge waste... and it takes to long to get 5's to waste anymore time.