Explain your team!!

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been running Strange/Agent Venom/Torch on those goon nodes, but I'm gonna have to give this one a try.
  • cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I'd love to see a Strange combo that revolves around giving the enemy AP so they kill themselves faster. IE, something like Ares' green, but for more colors
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    3-star Black Panther's AoE attack gives the enemy 5AP in their strongest color. Against goons, this would most certainly be AP they can use.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    3-star Black Panther's AoE attack gives the enemy 5AP in their strongest color. Against goons, this would most certainly be AP they can use.
    Another alternate combo will be to use Nightcrawler's blue after 3* black panther's AOE for more damage and steal to the max of 4 of the AP.
  • TPF Alexis
    Dormammu said:
    I get soooo bored playing PvE goon nodes with Grocket/Gamora/Medusa that I recently challenged myself to come up with an equally effective goon-busting team. This one is pretty close. In fact, I think its a better alternative on hard-nodes against high level goons.

America Chavez 5/3/5
    Luke Cage (4-star) 5/5/3
    Dr. Strange 5/3/5 (Either version works here; I use the 3-star)
    I've been using this on the higher level goon nodes as well, and really enjoying it. I do still stick with Grockamoradusa for the easy nodes, because  they can often do those in 1 move, and never more than 2, but for the harder ones, this is much more fun.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    wingX said:
    Dormammu said:
    Another alternate combo will be to use Nightcrawler's blue after 3* black panther's AOE for more damage and steal to the max of 4 of the AP.
    Panther/Ares/Mordo might be entertaining. Not the best synergy, but Mordo's blue can accelerate Panth3r's black, and Ares's green will also shove some AP in the bank, and then Mordo's purple has something to work with.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu said:
    I get soooo bored playing PvE goon nodes with Grocket/Gamora/Medusa that I recently challenged myself to come up with an equally effective goon-busting team. This one is pretty close. In fact, I think its a better alternative on hard-nodes against high level goons.

America Chavez 5/3/5
    Luke Cage (4-star) 5/5/3
    Dr. Strange 5/3/5 (Either version works here; I use the 3-star)
    I've been using this on the higher level goon nodes as well, and really enjoying it. I do still stick with Grockamoradusa for the easy nodes, because  they can often do those in 1 move, and never more than 2, but for the harder ones, this is much more fun.
    I've been doing the exact same thing.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I've been having fun lately with a moderately well-covered Shuri teamed up with C4ge to protect lots of tiles and then have him go to town with his yellow. So far I've just used Hobofist for my third (because duh), but I'm open to suggestions. Sandman generates yellow, but it's so random that it really hasn't helped me much so far...
  • TPF Alexis
    Sim Mayor said:
    I've been having fun lately with a moderately well-covered Shuri teamed up with C4ge to protect lots of tiles and then have him go to town with his yellow. So far I've just used Hobofist for my third (because duh), but I'm open to suggestions. Sandman generates yellow, but it's so random that it really hasn't helped me much so far...
    Cloak and Dagger, maybe? They can either generate yellow or add Special Tiles for C4ge to Fortify, and they give you coverage on purple, which is the only colour you're missing for Match Damage.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    My favourite team for the non-essential nodes is 5Thor/Chavez/5trange - Strange is bizarrely the meatshield, but the fights don’t usually last that long so it’s fine.

It’s particularly effective for wave nodes, the AP just builds up as it doesn’t need more than the odd match with the Chavez crits to destroy everything. The last wave ends up being firing a few powers.
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    I posted this in your lastest fun team combination.  

But I compiling with help a Database of team ups .  

Form for entering team is http://tiny.cc/MPQteam

For looking at the list of teams is http://tiny.cc/MPQteams 

My goal is DB people can search for Character ______ to find team ups.
    Also eliminating deciphering abbreviations (MEH, GSBW...) and ambiguity between versions of same (Star Lord 3 or 4 or 5)

Quickly growing up to about 40.  
  • spirtire
    spirtire Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    PvP Special, cheap fight against 4* Gamora / Rocket & Groot / Medusa

C4rol (*/5/*)
    Loki (*/*/5)
    Daken 3* (5/*/*)  2* Daken also OK

This team is good for 1 or 2 battles, not durable.

1. Match green to create strike tiles, also for C4rol.
    2. Leave match-4 for opponents to let Loki creates countdown tiles
    3. C4rol will passively increase the strength of strike tiles with CD tiles
    4. Match some blues for Daken
    5. If AI normally (crazily) doing match-4, your strike tiles strength will go up super high, say 10,000, which is good enough to kill those bastards by doing simple match.

Strike tile is crucial in this team setup. If you know the mechanism of this team, you will find this is fun.

Good Luck

• Dormammu
    edited March 2018
    spirtire said:
    PvP Special, cheap fight against 4* Gamora / Rocket & Groot / Medusa

C4rol (*/5/*)
    Loki (*/*/5)
    Daken 3* (5/*/*)  2* Daken also OK
    This is a good team to use against anyone - I've used it many times, though I'm not sure its an overly effective counter against Grocket/Gamora/Medusa.

Try using 3Hulk instead of Loki - match green just like you said, so Daken makes strikes. Hulk will tank green so he'll be in front. Then when he gets hit he'll generate countdowns which Carol can use to buff those strikes. (This is like the 3-star version of G/G/M's best counter - Rhulk/Grocket/Carol.)
  • 8rock_MPQ
    8rock_MPQ Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Is there a list somewhere of just team combos with good synergy possibly categorized into 2, 3, 4 and 5*? Sort of like a compendium. This thread is really helpful but it would be nice to have a list you can skim through quickly to find your strong characters and/or boosted characters. I would start one myself but want to make sure there isnt one already and I’m not very savvy with such things anyway.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been enjoying running boosted Rogue with boosted Indestructable Hulk and C4rol this Hulk pvp. Since most other people also seem to be enjoying that combo, it means that most opposing teams have Green as the strongest color. So opposing hulks are making a ton of green, which is keeping Rogue out front, and C4rol is just steadily doing many thousands of points of damage to the team while stacking green for Rogue to use to blast through whoever is out front.
  • Dormammu
    edited April 2018
    America Chavez 5/3/5
    Main Event Hulk 5/5/3
    Mockingbird 3/5/5

This team has been mentioned in other threads and it really is brilliant, so I thought I'd highlight it again here. My MEHulk is only 4/3/4 Lv 150 and still entirely usable with this team. He gets the ball rolling with his entrance passive, hopefully netting you some quick AP before you even make your first match. This is going to accelerate Chavez' green passive so she's making crit tiles by turn 2 and quite possibly punching them for 4.1k as well. Hulk'll keep tiles shuffling at the beginning of each turn, possibly making more AP.

Enemy match-4s are the bane of Chavez, but that's where Mockingbird's yellow passive comes in - she'll keep you swimming in AP and start triggering MEHulk's expensive powers for free. Like his purple. Which is devastating. You've got a 50/50 25% shot at hitting Hulk's purple, as that and his yellow are the only active powers Mockingbird is able to trigger (Chavez is entirely passive).

It doesn't take long before all your foes are down, writhing in pain.
  • TPF Alexis
    Dormammu said:
    You've got a 50/50 shot at hitting Hulk's purple, as that and his yellow are the only active powers Mockingbird is able to trigger (Chavez is entirely passive).
    Slight correction: Mockingbird can also fire her own Actives via Opportunist, so it's 1/4 of getting Hulk's purple. Still not bad at all, and yeah, she shores up Chavez really well in matches against tile-movers. I may have to just bite the bullet and shell out for the third green cover on my 2/5/5 MEHulk at some point here.
  • Dormammu
    I've only recently champed Mockingbird and haven't played her much. I have yet to see her fire her own powers, but I've only played her maybe a half dozen times. Self-firing her red would be great too! 
  • TPF Alexis
    Dormammu said:
    Self-firing her red would be great too! 
    It is. Especially when it happens right after you just fired it regularly and the countdowns land and resolve such that both go off in the same turn. I've only had that happen once, but it was awesome.
  • 8rock_MPQ
    8rock_MPQ Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    OJSP said:
    8rock_MPQ said:
    Is there a list somewhere of just team combos with good synergy possibly categorized into 2, 3, 4 and 5*? Sort of like a compendium. This thread is really helpful but it would be nice to have a list you can skim through quickly to find your strong characters and/or boosted characters. I would start one myself but want to make sure there isnt one already and I’m not very savvy with such things anyway.
    Maybe something like this? https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71362/team-builds-database
    Thanks so much! Pretty much exactly what I’ve been looking for.