Team builds database

Options
Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
Hi,

A couple of things about reading the forum for Team ups
Sometimes people abbreviate, eg GSBW took me a long time to get grey suit black widow...
Sometimes people don't say which star variety it is... Star Lord could be 3/4/5 star

And sometimes you know you read about a team for character x.  But you can't find it.   

So I made a db with a google form.   
It will store peoples entries and then is searchable. 

Form for entering team is http://tiny.cc/MPQteam

For looking at the list of teams is http://tiny.cc/MPQteams   (only a few I entered so far...)

Tell me what people think.  

Tim

Comments

• Tintaiwan
    Options
    Please folks. Enter some teams.  Becomes more useful the more it used
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any chance you can sort the characters in the selection dropdowns?
  • Tintaiwan
    Options
    Any chance you can sort the characters in the selection dropdowns?
    I have them by star.  I will sort by alpha later. 
  • Tintaiwan
    Options
    sorted by power/star level, then alphabetical  (some exceptions Sam Wilson under S not W)
    Correct some dupes, and ambiguity  (eg Peter parker and Back in Black both level 5 spiderman)

Remember you can type in pulldowns, but will bring you to the highest level one.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    it would be nice to see the character builds too.
  • Tintaiwan
    Options
    it would be nice to see the character builds too.
    I will put it in the suggestions...
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just go to the character threads and the fun team thread. There’s stuff there to collect. 
  • Tintaiwan
    Options
    Just go to the character threads and the fun team thread. There’s stuff there to collect. 
    I have pulled some stuff from there.  I mainly wanted an easy to read, easy to search DB of teams.   For those times your like, I really should be able to do more with _________.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I added a few, including a bug check.  You can enter the same character more than once.  (My error check is the Gambit 5/Gambit 5/Gambit 5 - Does it really matter who he is paired with???)
  • Tintaiwan
    Options
    I added a few, including a bug check.  You can enter the same character more than once.  (My error check is the Gambit 5/Gambit 5/Gambit 5 - Does it really matter who he is paired with???)
    Thanks, I am not sure how to prevent in forms.   I will check into it....
  • Tintaiwan
    Options
    @sambrookjm
    Hi, there is no error checking on dropdowns in google forms.  So I thought I would setup the sheet to look for duplicates by row.  But conditional formating is not applies to form propagated entries.   I don't want to use more time on it, maybe I will have someone with more modern programing volunteer to help...

• Tintaiwan
    Options
    Added a selection for Use: PVE/PVP/Node clearing.   

any thoughts...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tintaiwan said:
    @sambrookjm
    Hi, there is no error checking on dropdowns in google forms.  So I thought I would setup the sheet to look for duplicates by row.  But conditional formating is not applies to form propagated entries.   I don't want to use more time on it, maybe I will have someone with more modern programing volunteer to help...

Thanks for the effort.  I did notice that the Gambit x3 team was missing the last time I checked the sheet.

As for node clearing, goons is pretty easy.  Tile movers are a bit more difficult.