Heroic jugg discussion

Options

Comments

• Kolence wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:
    Jugg + Hood + Maggia is funny icon_lol.gif

I'm curious, it seems there is another mission after that one, who are the enemies? I doubt I'll find out myself...

Jugg/Daken/Ares. For me they're about 7 levels higher than Jugg/Hood/Maggia Muscle.
  • abuelo wrote:
    I bet this is going to be the least completed PvE event

totally agree. i plan to do each level once just to get the 100-200 iso reward for the first time clear. i could care less about the lazy thor covers. i won one of each at the end of hulk...if i want more, id probably save myself the monotony of this limited roster event and purchase them outright.

good luck to everyone who chooses to grind this one out...not for me. marc
  • bughunt wrote:
    By the way, the +50% H.A.M.M.E.R damage buffs cost 500 HP for 5!!! so don't waste them icon_e_smile.gif

hmm. good thing I have a stock of old ones still.
  • davecazz wrote:
    kind of lucky I have a really diversified roster. I knew the IM40 was going to be useful so I picked up 3 sets of covers and got 3 covers for 3*thor.

How many levels it worth to put into IM40? Mine also got all the covers recently but sit at 2x. I'm quite undecided on dumping ISO there, but would not consider it a complete waste as he is regular buff and also needed in his LR.
  • Kolence wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:

I'm curious, it seems there is another mission after that one, who are the enemies? I doubt I'll find out myself...

Juggs+Daken+Ares
  • Hm a lot of my best characters have overlapping skill sets which doesn't help much.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:

I think it's funny that they think I'm going to attempt that without a boosted character I already have high leveled. I might try it in the very last push for points at the end, but like hell I'm attempting it this early. What's driving me bonkers is how the top people in my bracket have 1 cover in Lazythor, none of the rare heroes, but able to clear everything seemingly repeatedly. That's cool. Whatever. Guess my 100 IM40 and 104 Psylocke are just turds on the sidewalk.

If the best characters on your roster are a level 50 wolverine, 45 modern storm and 40 modern black widow (like my wife) this tournament is custom made for you.
  • Ugh. Last fight: Jugg finished with 9 health. That's how he won. With 9 health. Everyone else was dead.
  • The highest level I've seen (aside from the first mission) is around 80-something. I've cleared everything once, and a few twice, to get just over 5000 to get the (useless, as it turns out) token. It's good for #3 in my bracket. I'm running 76 Wolverine, 76 IM40, 18 Lazy Thor.

I'm not sure how much tolerance I'm going to have for grinding this out, though. I'd really like a red lazy Thor, but they made it the top prize (again); I finished in the two-cover band the first time.

There's a part of me that wishes I had waited until Monday evening to start this. Maybe at about 11:30 PM.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    davecazz wrote:
    kind of lucky I have a really diversified roster. I knew the IM40 was going to be useful so I picked up 3 sets of covers and got 3 covers for 3*thor.

How many levels it worth to put into IM40? Mine also got all the covers recently but sit at 2x. I'm quite undecided on dumping ISO there, but would not consider it a complete waste as he is regular buff and also needed in his LR.

I think you want to put enough levels into him that he can tank a couple headbutts from a level 50-85 Jugg, so probably 60ish to get around 3500 hit points. He probably also has the 2nd best Red option after Wolvie, unless you've bought covers for lazy Thor.

On a different note, Modern Hawkeye is very usable in this event given the limited options for Blue.
  • I have no idea how to beat that Hood battle.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Daken is painful without Spiderman. I saw a level 80 Daken and figure no problem. Big mistake. It literally came down to the last hit, he's sitting at 250 HP and I need a 2 chain to take him out and I studied the board for 10 minutes and finally saw it, and I had like 2 digit HP left on my last character. It's epic, but probably needlessly epic. icon_e_sad.gif
    It's no spidey, but if you only have 1 opponent you want to keep locked down, cap can mostly do it
  • jozier wrote:
    I have no idea how to beat that Hood battle.

I boosted for 6 green 6 red 6 black, start with a Feral Claws and then a Psychic Knife + Psi Katana and that takes care about half of his health, and then just hope you get lucky so that Threaten tiles don't get resolved.
  • Apparently I joined the wrong bracket. Not that I plan to do well.

First place has a 141 fat thor at 4/4/5 for some reason, 2nd place has a 128 3/5/5 fat thor.

Max damage for call of the storm is 3856/1927
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    The hardest part of this event is pulling away from Dark Souls II long enough to participate.
    Spot on.

Tonight I´m gonna have nightmares grinding 230 enemies or the monstrosities from DS2. Pick your poison.

Let strength be granted so the world might be mended ...
  • Even if the prize was a fully leveled lazy thor i wouldn't participate, i had enough of freaking jugs head butting me during the hulk event, i don't want to see that **** for a while
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I think I'll stick with the PVP and South Park the Stick of Truth tonight. And Hopslam, because it's delicious.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    I have no idea how to beat that Hood battle.

I'm thinking modern widow, Thor, Psylocke. +3 blue/purple, +3 all and hope the board has an easy match 3 blue without too much blue.

I could cheese it and also use one of the +3 blue purple decommissioned boosts...
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I'll stick with the PVP and South Park the Stick of Truth tonight. And Hopslam, because it's delicious.

Loving the stick.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Well, this is a first. I'm on day 143 for the game overall and this is the first tournament I haven't been able to clear all the nodes on (except the early tournaments were I was locked out of nodes because I didn't have certain heroes). Part of the problem is my MMR is too high, but the bigger issue is my roster, since so many heroes are locked out. I sold my 2* wolvie when it was worth a lot to level Patch, and all my other available covers for this event are low level.

So currently I can only run buffed 3* Thor (lvl 20, 1/1/1), lvl 40 1* BW, lvl 50 1* Storm. Outside of that I have a lvl 11 Cap, lvl 40 Psylocke, and lvl 40ish IM40.

Every fight so far has been Thor doing all the damage and taking the brunt of the hits also.....but the problem is his dmg output is too low vs some of the higher level mobs. I even have a lvl 230 goon node I'm not even gonna touch. I wiped twice to a lvl 137 goon node because I couldn't kill them fast enough and they were perma-healing with their little 2-turn yellow heal.

I'm out of ISO otherwise I would lvl IM40, but really not motivated to level him for this tournament when I need ISO to level my Punisher for the Fearless Defenders event.

Hopefully once the first round is done my MMR can drop enough so I can clear the nodes in the 2nd go-around.

Are there actually sub-events for this Heroic Jug tourney, like in the Hulk tourney? If so, I haven't been able to open them icon_redface.gif