Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kishida said:
    Achieved bamfinite in Cage PvP: took out 3/4 health Cage, full health 3* Magneto & full health somebody else all in one long turn. So absurd.
    Was close to that myself, but the Bamfinite cascade made a yellow match, activating Carol’s trap card and making Herr Wagner go airborne. He proceded to Bamf forever after landing though.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Using my newly champed Daredevil in last night's final grind/initial clear in SCL 8. It's like easy mode.

Gonna be hard to switch back to 1/1/4 Gambit for the next event. And I wish I had some ISO to pump into Teen Jean, but I've got three Thing covers dying on the vine (he's at 209 vs. her 115) and I'll likely need to add levels to my fully covered (but Level 94) Yondu before his Crash.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A few days ago, I had X-23, Invisible Woman, and XPool all at 270 waiting to champ. I had set all three as bonus heroes. Well I've been lucky with bonus pulls lately and now all three sit at level 271. That's ... uh, 22? 4* champs for me now.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punisher LR. Opponents 300+ Pun, 266 Colossus, 463 Thanos vs my 300+ Pun, 451 Starlord, 50 Spider-Man. Smoked em, didn't even take damage to Pun or Spidey.
    I hope they saw that and went ****? Lmmfao!
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Punisher LR. Opponents 300+ Pun, 266 Colossus, 463 Thanos vs my 300+ Pun, 451 Starlord, 50 Spider-Man. Smoked em, didn't even take damage to Pun or Spidey.
    I hope they saw that and went tinykitty? Lmmfao!
    Sounds like you had a spectacular strategy in mind with that group, but I can’t imagine what it could have been.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,262 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I beat the 4ocket crash on the third try, pulled my first Thor (Gladiator) from the Legendary Token and it came with a bonus cover for 5aredevil, bringing him to 2/1/0
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Beer40 said:
    I hope they saw that and went tinykitty? Lmmfao!
    Sounds like you had a spectacular strategy in mind with that group, but I can’t imagine what it could have been.
    Starlord has high match damage and hits pretty hard in green, yellow, and purple (Spideys critical tiles color). I knew those 3 opponents are all slow and Starlord would take all my damage. Got a good board with plenty of purple and went to work. Spidey kept Thanos from damaging Starlord too much by using his stun. Spidey created the right criticals, which led to cascades (extra good damage from Starlord), Starlord created more cascades with his green, and shortly thereafter I used Punisher to finish Thanos off in one shot.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed my first 5* DD :D  What a long strange 629 days it's been to get to this point.

Thano5 is about 4-5 days from being #2. 

After that I'm waiting on covers, but with Spidey only short 1 that I can get from Vulture in 20 levels (Vulture is my 4* BH right now) and BH only being short 2 hopefully #3 isn't too far off.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 821 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beer40 said: ...and shortly thereafter I used Punisher to finish Thanos off in one shot.
    I love Punisher's Red for that. Sure, the more health your opponent has the more damage you have to do to them, but once you get them below 40% health you can insta-kill them for just 8 red AP.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Champed my first 5* DD :D  What a long strange 629 days it's been to get to this point.

After that I'm waiting on covers, but with Spidey only short 1 that I can get from Vulture in 20 levels (Vulture is my 4* BH right now) and BH only being short 2 hopefully #3 isn't too far off.

Congratulations!

DD/Thanos is a great combination to start with - Thanos keeps DD's health down below 50% so you can start fights and start spitting out tiles from the off.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    Options
    broll said:

Just champed DD the other night myself, first 5* champ as well. And you got him done just in time to finish off the Hulk event. :tongue:

Seriously though, it turned CL8 into easy mode for me; you should have fun. And yes, I would imagine Thanos pairs with him nicely. I think I'll probably be stuck at just the one for quite awhile. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a Carnage cover from a Heroic Token, with a bonus Hulkbuster that let me level him up enough to unlock another SHIELD Training node.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Got third place in The Hulk to get the green Teen Jean cover to bring her to 5/5/3. I just wish I had some ISO to spare to actually champ her.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Opened a bunch of latest tokens gotten before and got: Sandman, Rogue, Yondu and 5* Gambit.

Spent also 120CP to champion Ghost Rider
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Plenty of the day left, but I don't think it'll get better than pulling a Gambit purple with a bonus Black Bolt black.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    granne said:
    Plenty of the day left, but I don't think it'll get better than pulling a Gambit purple with a bonus Black Bolt black.
    Like the game just came up to your house and knocked on the door, holding a pamphlet and saying, “Have you heard the Good News?”
    Yes game. We’ve heard of Gambolt.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Over the span of three days I got my 13th covers for both 3* Elektra and Gambit (after selling at least 5 red covers for each) and then today I pulled Nico from a Honor Among Thieves token.  I've probably used up my luck for the rest of the calendar year, but those are the breaks :)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I was whinging to my alliance-mates earlier in the week that I had pulled nothing but red Nightcrawler covers for a fortnight, and he was sitting at 2/5/4 with four reds in the queue.

Yesterday an Heroic token gave me a champ level for Jean with a bonus Nightcrawler purple. If not for the above bonus BB, that would have been yesterday's best moment.

This morning I hit 1200 in Sworded Affairs and used the CP for a Classic. Nightcrawler blue.

He's now champed and up to level 274. Hoorah!