New Versus Event - Sakaar Arena (10/26/17)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    There's another one coming tomorrow with hulk instead of thor.  I'm actually going to take a 1/2 day break after this one ends from lightning rounds.  too much of a good thing i suppose
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There's another one coming tomorrow with hulk instead of thor.  I'm actually going to take a 1/2 day break after this one ends from lightning rounds.  too much of a good thing i suppose
    I thought that the one tomorrow was another Thor one,this time with 5* Thor and that the Hulk one will be run sometime in the near future
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They need to make PvE this way too - just short events with reasonably obtainable rewards and no long drag. Didn't get this one today, I'll pick it up tomorrow. That would really reflect the play when you want ethos they apparently want.

But yes, keep this event around but just cycle the main character around every event. Don't like using Thor? - just wait a couple of hours and try your luck on the next character.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    So I found myself locked in for the first couple of days. I'd at least hit all the seeds and leave trap cakes to retal. But over the weekend and into this week I slacked and forgot about them most of the time. 

Overall, if this became the new LR format, I wouldn't be mad. I mean, obviously the 20 person brackets wouldn't stick. But maybe 100 person brackets and have 4x LR mini seasons give tokens to a vault for the season we're currently in could be a cool idea. Would interweave things even more, be a nice new element. 

Just my 2 cents. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They need to make PvE this way too - just short events with reasonably obtainable rewards and no long drag. Didn't get this one today, I'll pick it up tomorrow. That would really reflect the play when you want ethos they apparently want.

But yes, keep this event around but just cycle the main character around every event. Don't like using Thor? - just wait a couple of hours and try your luck on the next character.

I'd definitely be down for some lightning round style pve events. Today is sub 2 of Meet Rocket and Groot, tomorrow is sub 3 of Webbed Wonder. They could even bring back heroic events with this format.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ended with 7 Sakaar tokens. Pulled four 2* covers and three 3* covers. Womp womp.

But can't complain, overall. For the whole event, I got a ton of iso and tokens, and those tokens got me a lot of 4* covers. I'm a little worn out from playing so much, but the goodies were plentiful.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Ended with 7 Sakaar tokens. Pulled four 2* covers and three 3* covers. Womp womp.

But can't complain, overall. For the whole event, I got a ton of iso and tokens, and those tokens got me a lot of 4* covers. I'm a little worn out from playing so much, but the goodies were plentiful.
    I see your 7 tokens and raise you three. 

*Pulls seven 2* covers, three 3* covers*

Yep, seems about right. 

I will agree with you on the ISO and tokens throughout though. It's been a nice boost, especially as I scramble to champ Fury and Ghost Rider. 
  • Droflew
    Droflew Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Descent draws during the event of ISO and 3*/4* tokens. disappointed with the end result, top 20 finish after enduring the equivalent of a cricket test match, and the reward totally dross. Where did the alliance fit in with the rewards? the MPQ logic is bizarre. Enjoyable event though made a change from the pesky Lighting Rounds for elite players.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's interesting that the final reward was so "meh" but the per round awards were very, very good.  Does the development team think through these things or just make them up?  Why not have the awards be part of the "Friends at Work" store?  Why not have a vault like usually exist in these circumstances?  I just don't understand their thinking on this one.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's interesting that the final reward was so "meh" but the per round awards were very, very good.  Does the development team think through these things or just make them up?  Why not have the awards be part of the "Friends at Work" store?  Why not have a vault like usually exist in these circumstances?  I just don't understand their thinking on this one.
    If they gave out Friends at Work tokens, they'd have to significantly reduce the number of tokens given out. Right now, they're giving out almost 3,000 tokens per 1,000 players, which translates to about 5.4 five-stars and 1.8 gladiator Thors per 1,000 players. If those were all Friends tokens, they would be giving out like 426 5* covers and 142 Thors per 1,000 players and that ain't happenin' 

Maybe their thinking was that they wanted to give players a lot of tokens with a (very, very) small chance to win Thor covers.

OTOH, the current 5* rewards do look pretty skimpy, especially if we're not going to have an event that awards Friends tokens (I'm guessing we're not and am surprised more people haven't complained).

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Very happy with this event, despite being in a bracket with a few highly competitive players, including the winner of the 1000 person bracket.

Once I realized that I wasn't going to be winning much, I just viewed it as easy iso and probably 90% of my fights were seed teams then I'd comeback in a couple hours.

As the event went on, I did get a few top 2 finishes and several 2&3* for the farm. I also began to appreciate the small brackets staying the same. If they reset each round, you would always have 20 active people to compete with. By staying the same, I always got higher placement than my effort deserved, often top 5 on just seeds.

I finally finished 82nd place and received 5 tokens. They were spot on with the odds 1:5 3*, and 4x 2*s. Icing on the delicious cake. I'm curious to see what the next round is like.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This is me personally, but I would have easily given up my five Sakaar tokens for one Friends at Work.  I definitely agree they would have had to adjust the payout but it would have been much nicer.  Or just get rid of the 2 *s in Sakaar.  No need to have them in there.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Loved the event... hope it continues. Plenty of is, easy to hit a couple here and there. Got a few 1st and some 2nds etc. For very little effort.
    Unfortunately only got 2* for my rewards (strangely all magneto). Granted I lucked out, but was a little disappointed to see the "odds" for the tokens.
    Overall happy.
    Far more dissappointed about my 5total 4cyclops and Fury tokens gone to waste due to cover colours, during th event (yet not specifically because of the event)

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 590 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just a heads up for those waiting to jump into the 2nd run of this event: the 2 rounds I have been in featured entirely different sets of 20 players, so no easy heroics this round because 18 players didn't even join in.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm seeing the same.  Previously I'd see a leaderboard of 20 players before I'd played a match in the lightning round.  Now I don't see one until I've played a match, and everyone has points.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When is round 3 and will Banner be powered up ny 110 levels?