New Versus Event - Sakaar Arena (10/26/17)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, can take advantage of the same 20. Only 5 of them have been playing, so extra Elite tokens at least. YMMV
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    it's just extra free stuff!
    does that mean we will have the regular LR this Tuesday-Thursday? if not, then it can not be considered as extra free stuff!.
    if not for me it is worst.
    it is easier for me to hit Top25 in regular LR (placement reward 1k iso, 2 heroic tokens), than hitting Top2 in my 20 bracket sakaar LR (placement reward 500iso, one heroic token)
    and because of that, I stop trying to get good placements (even not doing all seeds, or all rounds when i am online).
    so overall what i am getting from 6 days sakaar LR is less than what i am getting from 2 days regular LR.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I like the static 20-person rounds.  It means I'm usually competing with 5-7 people instead of 20, so placement is easier.  

I'm mostly just fighting seeds and got quite a few elite tokens, a couple heroics, and some ISO.  Good stuff!
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    The static bracket concept is... interesting. In mine, only a couple of people are playing most rounds, so someone can do one seed team fight and get an elite token. But I have some alliance mates who are not so lucky.

If I clear the LR seed teams I'll get 1000 ISO and 2 Heroics. Which takes about as long as a single fight in the Dr. Strange PVP. It is pretty obvious to me where the better investment of my time is for the next few days!
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    After hearing about the static brackets here I intentionally skipped the first few runs, based on the possibility that the game was putting people into the 20-person groups as they joined (and people starting later would care less and play less in later rounds). Seems to be working out okay as only a couple of people seem to be bothering to play them at all in my 20. I'm not going to do at all well in the 1000-person group, because it was at 900-something when I joined and I'm not playing that much myself, but the heroic tokens and scraps of iso are there for the taking if I just remember to play once or twice every couple of hours.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    I'm loving this event. Great ISO boost and tons of Elite tokens that are really easy to get. Also lots of 2* cover rewards from matches due to the sheer volume. Win on all fronts, the few tokens awarded at the end are just icing on the cake. 
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Lucifier said:
    it's just extra free stuff!
    does that mean we will have the regular LR this Tuesday-Thursday? if not, then it can not be considered as extra free stuff!.
    if not for me it is worst.
    it is easier for me to hit Top25 in regular LR (placement reward 1k iso, 2 heroic tokens), than hitting Top2 in my 20 bracket sakaar LR (placement reward 500iso, one heroic token)
    and because of that, I stop trying to get good placements (even not doing all seeds, or all rounds when i am online).
    so overall what i am getting from 6 days sakaar LR is less than what i am getting from 2 days regular LR.
    I have no idea about the regular LRs though I imagine they won't occur.
    I understand what you are saying, but I hope you (and others) give it a tertiary go. Depending on your 20: I just got 1st and the 2nd on my last 2 with maybe 4 matches. As long as I do 1 I get auto top 10. I think you will find, by shear volume, it will give you more rewards, but just my opinion. Plus a random bonus at the end! 1 token guaranteed  (that CAN pull 5*) just for being in a single match.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    @Thorstienn

Thorstienn said:
     I just got 1st and the 2nd on my last 2 with maybe 4 matches. As long as I do 1 I get auto top 10

check the picture below, this is my bracket (but to be honest this was taken in first day of the event, now the points are less, but still not easy for top1 or top2).

IMG_0181_-_Copy
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    @Lucifier RNG strikes again!
    That is a shame for you  (and anyone that gets a competitive group of 20), though I have noticed mine ebbs and flows, so very opponent dependent.
    Hope you find a couple times where it's smoother (like only 5 ppl even being active)
    I still stand by it's potential. :)
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, this consistent bracket setup is really hit and miss: great for some people, not so much for others. .

I'm consistently t2 just by clearing the 3 seeds +1 real match, and easily t1 if I join early enough to get all 10 seeds. 15-17 of the people in my bracket post consistent zeros, so it's pretty much free tokens/ISO for the taking. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Now that we know how it works, I wonder how many people will wait for a later bracket next time.  Join on day 2 and you'll probably get a casual group.  The toughest brackets are probably those that joined the first minute for seeds.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my bracket of 20, it seems like 18 gave up after the first lightning round (at least for the ones while I'm awake).  So one match can give a heroic token.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    I only have about 3 solid actives in my bracket, so I get a free Elite token every time I hit the seeders and if I"m lucky no.2 spot without much effort and no. 1 if I'm really inclined to hit it out.

So far from more than half a dozen times I've remembered to go in I've had 4 heroics and the rest elite.
    As a permanent event, I'd do it because sometimes I'm waiting for either PvE to refill or other PvP events to finish and can't be bothered to find more targets to get to the next event reward.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I thought they were 20 person brackets.. Why do I have 22 in mine?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    My bracket is pretty dead. There usually isn't more than three or four playing in each lightning round so I can just do a few seed teams and snag an elite and 500 iso pretty easily and now and then grab 1st or 2nd. Pretty decent rewards for minimal effort.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I envy many of you. My mini bracket has 2 of the players fighting for top spot in the big bracket. Sometimes 200 points doesn't even get top 8 for an elite token.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Count me among the many folks finding this to be a nice, fun, chill event. A lot of easy elites and heroics! 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lucifier said:
    @Thorstienn

Thorstienn said:
     I just got 1st and the 2nd on my last 2 with maybe 4 matches. As long as I do 1 I get auto top 10

check the picture below, this is my bracket (but to be honest this was taken in first day of the event, now the points are less, but still not easy for top1 or top2).

IMG_0181_-_Copy
    Bad luck mate. I’ve gotten above 5th in everyone I’ve done at least a single win. I’ve never had more than 3 active players (one of which is was me) in a single one of these and I’ve done 10ish. 

Its nice to get the extra rewards but it seems broken how RNG its based and how if you get a bad one you’re stuck with it for a week. 
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    My bracket is pretty dead. There usually isn't more than three or four playing in each lightning round so I can just do a few seed teams and snag an elite and 500 iso pretty easily and now and then grab 1st or 2nd. Pretty decent rewards for minimal effort.
    Yeah, for me this has been the most profitable event ever. I'm regularly getting 1st and 2nd place with minimal effort or competition.