New Versus Event - Sakaar Arena (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    I envy many of you. My mini bracket has 2 of the players fighting for top spot in the big bracket. Sometimes 200 points doesn't even get top 8 for an elite token.

I have one guy who is in the top 10 in the big bracket, but fortunately we are in different time zones and I get a lot of first Place finishes while he sleeps. When he's awake I just get second Place instead.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,559 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cartz said:
    I thought they were 20 person brackets.. Why do I have 22 in mine?

Any chance you could get a screenshot of this?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Cartz said:
    I have 20 in my bracket/s but there are 1008 overall in my Area event so some brackets must have more than 20 people in the, am I doing the maths right?
    1000 players divided into 20 person brackets would make a total of 50 brackets. 1008 / 20 gives me 50.4 brackets.

Anything above 1000 are sandboxed people.

Same as 1001/1000 in PVE or 501/500 in regular PVP.

It's people who got sandboxed during the event.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mexus said:
    Cartz said:
    I have 20 in my bracket/s but there are 1008 overall in my Area event so some brackets must have more than 20 people in the, am I doing the maths right?
    1000 players divided into 20 person brackets would make a total of 50 brackets. 1008 / 20 gives me 50.4 brackets.
    Only if you assume that everyone in each bracket of 20 is definitely in the same bracket of 1000.

But just having 1008 in a bracket would suggest that something is a little screwed up somewhere.
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Looks like there is a pool of players that get shuffled every round.  Maybe 40 to 50?  There are only 4 guys that play with frequency so I am pretty much guaranteed a token or two every round.  So much for just taking it easy and getting a wee bit of iso.  Sometimes it's just me and this other guy with points.  I'm liking it!!!!
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cartz said:
    I have 26 in mine, me included... sad
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
     All that matters is how many are actively playing.
    Which, is quite likely to be 8 or less during most parts of the day (unless you are very unlucky). 
    Enjoy!
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby
    Honestly have enjoyed this event a ton so far.  Its nice to have a fun little event like this running.  Its more enjoyable than Lrs cause of the smaller 20 man groups.  Pass the word on to the Devs that I've heard more positives on this event than a long time.  I want to be hopeful and maybe this event runs once a month:)
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Picture of 22 man bracket wont show up. Ill try and figure out how to upload picture 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was avoiding these because they felt pointless and tedious, but I looked in and noticed that the last four or five brackets I've been in have been dead — one to three people participating at most. I've been able to claim 1st place simply by playing two or three matches. The one I'm in now that's three minutes away from ending has had no participants besides me.
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    Yep. 
    And the only thing pointless and tedious is, worrying about the 22 and 1008 man brackets when 50% to 80% of them are not playing at all, ha!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll admit I wasn't looking forward to this event, and even posted as much. But it's been way better than I was expecting. I didn't start playing until sometime Saturday and wasn't planning on going too hard. 

But then I saw how easy it was. Currently going back and forth between first and second place on the overall leaderboard and getting lots of ISO and tokens. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi @Cartz . Just a friendly reminder, since I know a lot of players accidentally do this, but please be sure to censor any in-game names that are visible in the screenshot.

Thanks!
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi @Cartz . Just a friendly reminder, since I know a lot of players accidentally do this, but please be sure to censor any in-game names that are visible in the screenshot.

Thanks!
    Thanks @Brigby already did that but using this forum on a phone is a nightmare. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There were only 4 or 5 active people in my bracket and they rarely played for placement. I made an insane amount of iso and gathered a ton of tokens.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Definitely enjoying this event.  Nice to have something low key but if you make effort can reap some good rewards.  Have gotten 3 4*s from the Heroic tokens already.  I would call that a solid event and it's not even over yet.
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    Seems like the player pools are rotating a bit more now, meaning a differing 20 player bracket more often. Still, very low participation overall, so the top few spots are excellent.
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options
    With 1 day and 15h left, I can say the event is good. Provided, all this tokens, iso flow. Definitely a farm event. 
    Champ 2 of my 2* already. Lucky to be in a bracket which 70-80% are not that active. Collected 45 heroics already. Advantage on placement to those who have the time to play. Those who dont have a lot of time, can play here and there and still get some iso's. 
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Overall a very good event for me. A nice change from the regular Lightning Rounds, which have become really stale. Great opportunity to collect a lot of Heroics and ISO, which is always appreciated. I think it has run a little bit too long, but I also think it is good that people whose play is more restricted on either weekdays or weekends all have had an chance to participate.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any chance we could keep these around, I don't know...forever? We could keep Thor featured, or another character (preferably a 4*). For people who don't like 4* PvP events, maybe this could be a new way to feature specific 4*s without making it part of the season? The constant stream of ISO and tokens has been much appreciated.