Updates to S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank and Player XP (11/7/17)

Options

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dayv said:
    We have no certainty they will increase the maximum shield rank again.  Several players were already at level 200 immediately, it's not like it's years and years down the road.

(and, as pointed out above, this stops being of value before then anyway.  To me, it's just not worth the extra fiddle-faddle.)
    At this point, not worth it for me either. However, you don't need certainly of ranks past 200, only the certainty that you'll never reach 200 no matter what before they either increase it, or you stop playing.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spoit said:
    OK, so since the recruit cover doesn't count for exp, there are 2 break even points we want to keep in mind for 1* farming (of course you want to continue to champ cycle everyone else):

11.1111 for 2 power characters (100*10 ISO/9*10 exp)   and
    10.833 for 3 power characters (100*13/12*10)

Doing a quick and dirty fit (it would probably be better to just find the average of each 5 rank "step"),

The estimated ranks where it would stop being more profitable to build out 1*s to their max covers before selling would be about 142 and 152 respectively. If the new levels follow the trend, of course
    @spoit Is it 152 and 142 respectively?  
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    broll said:

Unless you're close the math still works out.  Let's say your 140.  If rostering instead of selling allows you to go up 5 levels in 5 weeks instead of 4, then you earned that 60+K reward bonus.  Unless you're like 190 or higher 200 isn't something to scare you away from this.
    Extreme example incoming ;)

SR 111 : 4575XP = 57500ISO

458 1* to fully level.

Sell only : 57500+(458*100)=103300
    Roster, Train and Sell : 57500+((458/13)*100)))=61023.07692

I know it is a ridiculous example, but it should at least highlight that the more 1* you use per level up the less the net reward for that level.

Edit-------------Thanks aesthetocyst for telling me where I was going wrong!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Jomu5 said:
    Brigby Will they recalculate our shield rank by analysing our roster strength in regards to characters rostered and champion levels attained?
    As of right now, I'm unaware of any recalculations of S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank, beyond the accreditation to players, who were originally already maxed out at 125, with their accumulated XP.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thanks aesthetocyst for telling me where I was going wrong!
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Killians8 said:
    Some people fail at the marshmallow test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_oy9614HQ

Some iso now or more iso later if you can be patient.
    This analogy would work better if the offer was eat one marshmallow now and leave. Or don't eat the marshmallow and wait 30 minutes and get a second one. In that case you would have to decide if waiting 30 minutes is worth the extra marshmallow. 

In the case of 1* I don't think the little bit of extra iso is worth my time of having to manage the 1* vs just sorting and selling all the pending covers at once.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mkmagius said:

In the case of 1* I don't think the little bit of extra iso is worth my time of having to manage the 1* vs just sorting and selling all the pending covers at once.
    But -- I'm trying so hard to make this game more like a job!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it a game anymore? Feels more like an economics class.
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Is it a game anymore? Feels more like an economics class.
    I use to teach econ at the high school level. Wish I still did because I could use this game as a teaching tool and actually play during class time and have the kids play as well LOL :D
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Brigby, can you tell us what the highest XP total in the game is and what rank that would be equivalent to if the rank boundaries were extrapolated past 200?

Even more fun would be a chart showing rank and number of active players in that rank.

• Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby, couple questions for the devs team. 

1) Since roster strength is the goal of shield rank and gaining xp is mainly done through that could you ask if they would look at giving xp for each pre champion level. Here is my reasoning. A level 70 Rogue is not a strong as a level 209 Rogue so I should gain xp for those levels in between. My humble suggestion is 1 point of xp per level for 1 stars, 2 points per level for 2 stars, 3 points per level for 3 stars, 4 points per level for 4 stars, and 5 points per level for 5 stars.

2) Is there any thoughts on allowing 1 stars to be championed up to say level 100? Now that they are being used for xp purposes seems like a time to expand their use.

Thanks for passing along my questions. And thanks in advance if you are able to pass any answers back to us.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I could appreciate 1* Champions. I’d even roster Yelena, Hawkeye, and Venom then. 2* covers as Champ rewards though? Should they? And third powers finally? Cover rewards mostly easy to figure out:
    Hawkeye > Hawkeye
    Black Widow > Black Widow
    Storm > Storm
    Juggs > Moonstone (fingers crossed this doesn’t get mod edited, edit: yeah, figured that might happen)
    Yelena > Bagman?
    and Venom > ??? Should that be Bagman?
    then Yelena > Bullseye?
    and Iron Man to Steve, making for an odd build path.

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just convert the 1 star to 2 star then they could feed 3 stars.

Edit: reskin or retire dupes like storm and hawkeye.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'd be in favor of letting us champ 1* characters so we could farm them the same way we do 2* characters, but if that's the case their levels should be reduced that way a max-champed 1* isn't over-powered in relation to 2* and 3* characters (I'm mainly thinking of Juggernaut and Spider-Man here. They might even need to tweak their numbers and AP costs beyond that so their abilities don't outdo most 2* champs, even.) 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If they were to give 1*s champ levels then they should first give the ones with 2 abilities a 3rd one and raise max base levels to 50 to even them out.

Would think it would be 2500 iso champ them and probably only 25 levels of champ rewards. Specific 2*s would be fine, but just resources would be fine too. Probably would look something like this:

Level 51: Elite token
    Level 52, 53: 100 iso
    Level 54 250 iso
    Level 55: 25 Hero points
    Level 56-58: 100, 100, 250 iso
    Level 59: 1 command point
    Levels 60-62: 100,100, 250 iso
    Level 63: Elite token
    Levels 64-66: 100,100, 250 iso
    Level 67: 50 Hero points
    Levels 68-69: 100 iso
    Level 70: 500 iso
    Level 71: Elite token
    Level 72: 100 iso
    Level 73: 250 iso
    Level 74: 500 iso
    Level 75: Heroic token
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    If they were to give 1*s champ levels then they should first give the ones with 2 abilities a 3rd one and raise max base levels to 50 to even them out.

Would think it would be 2500 iso champ them and probably only 25 levels of champ rewards. Specific 2*s would be fine, but just resources would be fine too. Probably would look something like this:

Level 51: Elite token
    Level 52, 53: 100 iso
    Level 54 250 iso
    Level 55: 25 Hero points
    Level 56-58: 100, 100, 250 iso
    Level 59: 1 command point
    Levels 60-62: 100,100, 250 iso
    Level 63: Elite token
    Levels 64-66: 100,100, 250 iso
    Level 67: 50 Hero points
    Levels 68-69: 100 iso
    Level 70: 500 iso
    Level 71: Elite token
    Level 72: 100 iso
    Level 73: 250 iso
    Level 74: 500 iso
    Level 75: Heroic token
    They'd likely keep CP out of the rewards as we'd be cycling through these rather quickly, plus it's not a resource you want a new player to have easy access to. HP would definitely be minimal too. But I could definitely see Elite tokens (in place of an assigned 2*) and 100-500 ISO.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do you actually want to be rostering and dumping iso into 1* characters though?  Or do you just want something to justify the time cost of rostering and selling these characters?
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby - a solution to the “problem” people will have with one stars (to many clicks) might be to increase the iso they are sold for by 100 for each card they train, at least for the first 13.... then people could hold them and would not have to sel them after 1 card.

or, since 1* really don’t add much to a players roster, just give the XP as they sell them.
    ————
    alterantively, if XP really are supposed to represent roster strength ... then you should just base it off the roster, giving different points for each card type and level (ie, a level of a 5* is worth xxxx points, a level of 4* is worth xxx points, etc ).  If people sell cards, their rank goes down as their roster is weaker....  ISO awards are only given in achieving a level not previously attended.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't really care if things aren't numerically exactly the same as before, I'm training up 1* characters now which makes me actually eager to get them from matches and standard tokens are more fun
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    brisashi said:
    I don't really care if things aren't numerically exactly the same as before, I'm training up 1* characters now which makes me actually eager to get them from matches and standard tokens are more fun
    I actually agree. And since the 13-cover ones can be trained ad infinity it speeds up the process. It's not a big gain and when I hit lvl 150 i will probably stop (unless it will still be profitable). But as it it - I don't mind doing it. Just need a bit more HP to have them all rostered.