*** Black Widow (Grey Suit) ***

Comments

• i'd say max her purple first. being able to create multiple crit tiles and 4inarow line destructions is huge. you will always be able to pull off 1 crit tile, alot of 2 crit tiles and sometimes even 3! Her sniper rifle is a finishing move but the cost is so high that rushing for it off the start might not be the best move.

i'd say go for a 5/3/5 grey suit matched with a 4/5/4 C. storm and something else can be a pretty good match.

Puprple already maxed... sitting on 3/3/5. I'm hoping to pull the remaining two from new LRs.[/quote]

Are embedded quotes showing up funky?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got the fifth green cover for her. That is quite an upgrade. Especially in desert environments. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Anyone else concerned that new Thor will strictly be better than GSBW? I mean he generates green just like GSBW for his own green AOE dmg ability while probably having way more HP than her...
  • Anyone else concerned that new Thor will strictly be better than GSBW? I mean he generates green just like GSBW for his own green AOE dmg ability while probably having way more HP than her...

Don't forget that he won't expose himself to damage with "off color" matches; Hulk does very little to protect GSBW, one of my least favorite things about her.
  • So right now, I have about 80k ISO-8 and 2,600 HP because I can't decide what 3 star is worth investing in - particularly GSBW as she's the closest to full covers.

My GSBW is currently at level 80 and 4/3/5 on covers. If I decide she's worth investing in I would buy the last green cover with HP since it's such a big upgrade. However, my concern is that I use OBW pretty much all the time and I can't use both. I do have a level 65 3/3/4 spidey but I feel like OBW is much better until I have more blue covers and I'm reluctant to invest in him with the upcoming nerf.

The rest of my chars are below for context.

So the question is do I?
    1) buy the last green cover for GSBW and level her up?
    2) say to heck with the nerf and buy covers for spidey and level him up
    3) hold onto ISO and HP until I get more covers on an other char

Thanks for any thoughts!

Team
    3 Stars
    GSBW - 4/3/5 lvl 80
    IM Mk 40 - 5/4/2 lvl 70
    Spidey - 3/3/4 lvl 65
    BP -2/3/2 lvl 64
    Punisher - 5/2/3 lvl 58
    Doom - 5/2 lvl 50
    Hulk - 5/0/1 lvl 40
    Daredevil - 3/2/1 lvl 34
    Loki - 4/1 lvl 28
    Rags 3/1 lvl 28
    Mag classic - 1/4/2 lvl 18
    Patch - 1/0/2 lvl 18
    Psylocke - 1/0/1 lvl 18
    Hood - 2/0/3 lvl 15

2 Stars of note
    Thor - 4/5/4 lvl 85
    OBW - 3/5/5 lvl 80
    Storm Classic 5/5/3 lvl 60
    MN mags - 3/5/5 lvl 40
    Wolverine - 5/3/5 lvl 6
  • Yea, she's definitely worth it. Her 5th green is a must.

GSBW is a sneaky, powerful character. All three of her abilities can crash the board. Wiping out countdown tiles, strike tiles and defense tiles. She can cause cascades for additional damage/AP collection with all abilities. There is no one else like her (maybe C.Mag is close in that regard).

She needs a green battery though. IM40 with 3 yellow is good, Hulk with 5 black is better and Thor with his yellow is good, too.

She meshes really well with Spiderman, whose purple defense tiles are activated when you are collecting purple for her.

The big downside to her is the AI's inability to use her well and her low HPs. Often making her an easy target for PvP opponents. Also, she will be 'out in front' on many of your icons (purple, black, blue) leaving her open to attack from AI hits.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really really dislike her on defense. Apart from the AI not being able to use purple effectively, she actually makes your other characters worse, since the AI is going to prioritize her green and useless red and not use the red/green abilities of your other characters right away. On offense she is very powerful, but once Spidey nerfs hit, I'm suspecting that defense is going to matter a lot more, meaning that she is going to be a huge liability in those last hours of a PvP tournament where you're trying to dissuade as many people from attacking you as possible. I'd personally go with Punisher instead since he's a lot better on defense and you probably will have enough covers to make him worthwhile after the PvE event.
  • It seems like there's going to be a pretty big shakeup in R50 so might want to wait to see how everything turns out first.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    I'd hold up with leveling Spidey until R50, and decide then if he's worth leveling. GSBW is a fantastic offensive character, great in PvE too. Then again, I never find her intimidating on defense. She's easy to kill when controlled by AI, making you a potential target to gain easy points on. I think I would go with Punisher first - much more versatile, all-round character. Also, Dr. Doom might be handy in the Lightning Rounds.
  • GSBW has less HP than the average 3* but she's not that much easier to kill. The problem is GSBW often does detrimental things to your team on defense. She'll waste your purples and place random green tiles and often fail to make any green match in the process. She'll use Pistols doing a trivial amount of damage with your team's red. Sniper Rifle, powerful as it is, does require a staggering 19 green AP and often she either dies long before she has enough, or that your AI just gets tired of waiting and uses it on some other green power you have so you get no benefit out of Sniper Rifle.

I think R50 is not going to be just a few characters that get changed, and I think Sniper Rifle is due for a change anyway (too little damage at 1-4g and probably too much damage at 5g).
  • Thanks everyone for all of the good advice!
  • I seem to have missed an announcement somewhere -- was there a post about what will be in R50? All I can find is IceIX saying that R50 will have some more fun and player-impacting stuff in it, but nothing about character balancing.
  • You didn't miss anything. IceX stated yesterday character changes are pushed as a data update separately, and are not specifically tied to Revisions.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    abuelo wrote:
    I normally hate hijacking these threads with unrelated questions Ice, but here it goes anyway - I assume the devs are aware of people hoarding ISO and waiting off doing anything with Spiderman and Magneto. Is it something being actively worked on, or is the current focus on the P50 features you mentioned above?
    Their changes would have nothing to do with R50, or at least, not with the direct release of it. No news on the "funbalancing" front for timing, but it'll be a bit still.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Has anyone tried 5/0/5 with her? Might be better when the AI uses her. What's her max level with that build?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone tried 5/0/5 with her? Might be better when the AI uses her. What's her max level with that build?

Her max level (according to the level cap calculator) would be 115. How would this be better with the AI, though? I think the main problem with the AI and her is that the AI has no idea how to use her purple to generate green. Not having red wouldn't solve that issue.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone have max damage for BWGS's red power at level 141 and 5 levels? Or 3 levels?
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    What's curious is when I combine hulk and ironman I get attacked less than with hulk spidey. Ironman doesn't intimidate as much in my experience

Are they both high leveled? Because if someone had to 100+ Hulk/IM40's, I would skip them because I don't want to deal with chewing through all the HP's.

Likely due to having the whole team stunlocked way faster due to you pumping out webtiles as well
  • Highdark
    Highdark Posts: 75 Match Maker
    I have never used grey suit, but over time i have actually gotten quite the collection of her covers. She 1/5/3 atm still sitting at level 15. I am curious(since i never used her) what makes her red so terrible. I mean i get the high cost part, and also understand that her green and purple are amazing. But purely looking at the red skill(since thats the one i happened to get maxed) how bad is it?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Highdark wrote:
    I have never used grey suit, but over time i have actually gotten quite the collection of her covers. She 1/5/3 atm still sitting at level 15. I am curious(since i never used her) what makes her red so terrible. I mean i get the high cost part, and also understand that her green and purple are amazing. But purely looking at the red skill(since thats the one i happened to get maxed) how bad is it?

It's the cost: you're spending 17 red AP to do ~1-2k damage max level and clear a large part of the board out. It's main utility is to clear the board so its good vs goons, but against a standard team, abilities that cost 17AP should come close to killing a character outright or deal massive amounts of AoE damage, of which GSBW's red does neither. With red being such a contentious color, its just not worth using hers in a typical PvP match.