*** Black Widow (Grey Suit) ***

1356715

Comments

  • Nemek wrote:
    Twanbon wrote:
    Anyone know how much damage she deals with Sniper Rifle at max level?
    3336

    3336 + damage from tiles so much more... or am I wrong?
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    Polkio wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Twanbon wrote:
    Anyone know how much damage she deals with Sniper Rifle at max level?
    3336

    3336 + damage from tiles so much more... or am I wrong?

    The extra tile damage is just for the opponent you are targeting, but yes, I can usually count on around 4000ish damage against one character.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Twanbon wrote:
    Anyone know how much damage she deals with Sniper Rifle at max level?
    3336

    3336 + damage from tiles so much more... or am I wrong?

    The extra tile damage is just for the opponent you are targeting, but yes, I can usually count on around 4000ish damage against one character.

    Oh ok... nice info. Thanks
  • Lleywen wrote:
    I have her at 1/3/3 and get a red cover (standard * token). I don't know the best way to update her...
    Sure, purple skill at L5...and this character seems based on this.

    For the rest, i don't know. She can makes critical tiles or green tiles (good stock) so :
    - play it with wolverine, storm for green stock tiles
    - play her with bullseye for critical tiles
    - play her green ability L5

    SO, 3/5/5, 4/4/5 or 5/3/5... i think people were right, best way is 5/3/5

    I think her lvl 5 green ability is what makes her best known for. Her purple ability helps get to her green faster, so that is almost a must as well. I don't find her red power too good considering their are other characters who have better red powers that do more damage, but yes, 5/3/5 seems to be the best build. I would sell the red cover, it won't really help in the future.
  • I have her at 1/3/5 now and I'm in love with her purple (5) ability. I can throw down 6 green tiles and make 2-3 crit tiles pretty easily. Not to mention the resulting cascade damage that happens when those 3 matches pop off.

    If you're running with a 200% character with her, those crit turn into cannons.

    The only con is when you are facing an enemy Dakan and all those greens turn into enemy strike tiles.
  • PentagoonPentagoon Age Unconfirmed Posts: 98
    Lleywen wrote:
    I have her at 1/3/3 and get a red cover (standard * token). I don't know the best way to update her...
    Sure, purple skill at L5...and this character seems based on this.

    For the rest, i don't know. She can makes critical tiles or green tiles (good stock) so :
    - play it with wolverine, storm for green stock tiles
    - play her with bullseye for critical tiles
    - play her green ability L5

    SO, 3/5/5, 4/4/5 or 5/3/5... i think people were right, best way is 5/3/5

    I just threw away the red cover I got in the No Holds Barred 2nd place finish for this reason. I'm now 1/3/5 for her, gunning for greens! She's gonna be nasssssty to pair with my lev 102 Ragnarok - I can't wait!

    -- \(*_*)/
  • Now when she can be in my team with Spidey and Rag I must admit that it quite fast killing, good for iso grinding. But I got problem. I kill so fast thanks to sniper rifle that I can't heal my team with Spidey icon_e_smile.gif. So hard to get 10 yellows and few blues for healing when she kills enemies so fast.

    She is powerful
  • Rags + BWGS is nasty. I've had a maxed BWGS for a while (cards, not level), and I find most of the match is based around feeding greens. Pink and green both need to be max, red is relatively useless IMO, especially with far more superior options available.

    I finally have had luck in gettings Rags covers, and have him at 4/5, and man, matches are over in a snap. I wait to get to 9 red AP, cast 3 Claps and go to town with greens. If I have her pink ready, it gets absurd. By then Sniper is fed and I wipe the floor with the other team. Mine's at level 89 with a level 60 Rags. Can't wait to get that 5th red cover.

    I'm REALLY considering running Daken with these two, since the 3rd person is not a concern, and I'll be matching so many greens, but I'm unsure of this. I'm sure once I have a Spidey above 1/2/1 I'll make him join.
  • I've been using Her, Spidey (at 5 purple) and Thor for the No Holds Barred Tournament. It is a fantastic team. You use Spidey to generate protection tiles and stun the people who generate effects off of Purple and Green matches.

    It is a fun team built around getting to the purple power as fast as you can, using Thor's Yellow and Red to soften people up, heal as needed with Spidey's yellow and just drop the bomb with the level 5 sniper rifle. Only time I've really had trouble is when the board decides to be completely against me and only give me black/environmental matches. Otherwise, you can get everything to work for you and relatively quickly take the game over, faster if you use stockpile boosts.

    She is the key tho. The 5/3/5 build is fantastic and is a complete game ender.
  • RonfarRonfar Age Unconfirmed Posts: 150
    It's "interesting" how her powers are green, red, and purple, but her strong tile match colors are red, purple, and black. First time I've seen a character that has a power that takes AP of one color but does tinykitty damage when matching it.
  • I have to correct you, cause it's even worse and her strong colors are purple, BLUE and black. I can't see the purpose of this tbh.
  • I have to correct you, cause it's even worse and her strong colors are purple, BLUE and black. I can't see the purpose of this tbh.

    She is a BLACK widow icon_e_smile.gif so strong at black...

    To be honest I also don't know why she is so special among others
  • Hate the fact her green is so tinykitty. Especially in the running 3*-tourney. I can only run DD, IM40 and GSW, so there is tinykitty damage when building her green cascades :/
  • Because she is squishy, I think the idea is that you can get green matches while some other character tanks green. It's pretty flavorful for a sniper ability.
  • If you have someone with a good enough green, of course. But in my case I had to run a team with even worse green tiles :/
  • i feel like as long as there is 5 in green it doesn't matter what else the build is. ragnarok converts about 1.5 green per red when you use his red in my experience. it's basically a matter of getting 12 red and then BW snipes the other team down. if her green didn't hit the whole team, i wouldn't even be using her.

    for the heck of it though, i think both purple and red are not great abilities. here's my analysis.

    red is meant to be a tile clearer to get rid of several trouble tiles. it is superior than green for this, since you can target better. however the pitiful damage and high cost makes it pretty much unusable, even if she has a 200% buff. if you throw in the meta game it gets worse since 17 red wins you the game with a bunch of other heros.

    purple is meant to put crits on the field and secondarily to convert purple to green. for the primary purpose, it does what it needs to but i don't feel it scales well. you don't want to put 3 crit tiles on the board because you can only use one of them anyway, since most of the time since you can't position them reliably to overlap. for its secondary purpose, 11 purple will get you about the same amount of green at level 5, so I guess if your strategy is to just flat out collect 19 green it could help ... but instead of all that purple you could have been getting red for ragnarok or yellow for IM or blue for SM or a bunch of other things better than purple for a conversion skill that does no damage by itself.


    so like I said both these skills are tinykitty to me. I went 5/3/5 but I hardly ever use the purple and never purposefully collect purple because I want to power it up. I also realize now that when I do use the purple, 4 tiles would have done the job just as well as 6, and I often put the extra ones off to the side because I don't want to make crits I can't use.

    On the other hand I've never used the red at all because at 3 it is awful. But I would kind of like to try it at 5 because it does scale well in those 2 points (extra 12 tiles cleared sounds pretty good ... that's double). it's still bad because its red, but if they changed it to black, i'd probably have went 5/5/3
  • i feel like as long as there is 5 in green it doesn't matter what else the build is. ragnarok converts about 1.5 green per red when you use his red in my experience. it's basically a matter of getting 12 red and then BW snipes the other team down. if her green didn't hit the whole team, i wouldn't even be using her.

    for the heck of it though, i think both purple and red are not great abilities. here's my analysis.

    red is meant to be a tile clearer to get rid of several trouble tiles. it is superior than green for this, since you can target better. however the pitiful damage and high cost makes it pretty much unusable, even if she has a 200% buff. if you throw in the meta game it gets worse since 17 red wins you the game with a bunch of other heros.

    purple is meant to put crits on the field and secondarily to convert purple to green. for the primary purpose, it does what it needs to but i don't feel it scales well. you don't want to put 3 crit tiles on the board because you can only use one of them anyway, since most of the time since you can't position them reliably to overlap. for its secondary purpose, 11 purple will get you about the same amount of green at level 5, so I guess if your strategy is to just flat out collect 19 green it could help ... but instead of all that purple you could have been getting red for ragnarok or yellow for IM or blue for SM or a bunch of other things better than purple for a conversion skill that does no damage by itself.


    so like I said both these skills are tinykitty to me. I went 5/3/5 but I hardly ever use the purple and never purposefully collect purple because I want to power it up. I also realize now that when I do use the purple, 4 tiles would have done the job just as well as 6, and I often put the extra ones off to the side because I don't want to make crits I can't use.

    On the other hand I've never used the red at all because at 3 it is awful. But I would kind of like to try it at 5 because it does scale well in those 2 points (extra 12 tiles cleared sounds pretty good ... that's double). it's still bad because its red, but if they changed it to black, i'd probably have went 5/5/3
    Purple is useful if you can't use rag, in this situation it's the quickest way to collect green ap. And with spidey in the team, purple means defense tile + green ap.
  • i feel like as long as there is 5 in green it doesn't matter what else the build is. ragnarok converts about 1.5 green per red when you use his red in my experience. it's basically a matter of getting 12 red and then BW snipes the other team down. if her green didn't hit the whole team, i wouldn't even be using her.

    for the heck of it though, i think both purple and red are not great abilities. here's my analysis.

    red is meant to be a tile clearer to get rid of several trouble tiles. it is superior than green for this, since you can target better. however the pitiful damage and high cost makes it pretty much unusable, even if she has a 200% buff. if you throw in the meta game it gets worse since 17 red wins you the game with a bunch of other heros.

    purple is meant to put crits on the field and secondarily to convert purple to green. for the primary purpose, it does what it needs to but i don't feel it scales well. you don't want to put 3 crit tiles on the board because you can only use one of them anyway, since most of the time since you can't position them reliably to overlap. for its secondary purpose, 11 purple will get you about the same amount of green at level 5, so I guess if your strategy is to just flat out collect 19 green it could help ... but instead of all that purple you could have been getting red for ragnarok or yellow for IM or blue for SM or a bunch of other things better than purple for a conversion skill that does no damage by itself.


    so like I said both these skills are tinykitty to me. I went 5/3/5 but I hardly ever use the purple and never purposefully collect purple because I want to power it up. I also realize now that when I do use the purple, 4 tiles would have done the job just as well as 6, and I often put the extra ones off to the side because I don't want to make crits I can't use.

    On the other hand I've never used the red at all because at 3 it is awful. But I would kind of like to try it at 5 because it does scale well in those 2 points (extra 12 tiles cleared sounds pretty good ... that's double). it's still bad because its red, but if they changed it to black, i'd probably have went 5/5/3

    Using an unbalanced character (rag) as reason for an ability not being good isn't exactly a fair standard. In any other team that doesn't have a purple user of magneto's caliber her purple gathers green, deals pretty decent damage, and puts at minimum 1 crit on the board. With a little forethought its pretty easy to cause
    multiple cascades after the fact, set up many separate attacks to take advantage of strike tile damage, set up crit tiles dropping into green combos, grabbing selected ap (like red) from row clearing, etc etc. Even with rag 11 purple isn't that unexpected to obtain without aiming for it via incidental ap grabbing due to row clearing. It's also nice to have another tile match option because while you say "you Could have collected red" that certainly is not usually the case as the purple is a distant choice over red..but when there is no red matches you need to match something.

    Black is rare to find and so I think many would put 5 into the black version of her pistol even if its not good. Still might not because I actually like her purple and 15 black or whatever her pistol costs is still too expensive... Though I don't generally use her because I refuse to use ragnarok and only have a 4/3/5. As you said, no 5 in green means she is a no-go. That last point is equivalent to a 66% damage buff...the only skill even close to that type of upgrade in pure damage is mag's purple and that is very situational to get more than 9 or 10 blue on the board to really see the diff between lvl 4/5 (its less than a 20% boost without extra blue).
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    I use the purple ability constantly (more without Rag, but sometimes when I play with him, too.) I've never used it primarily for creating criticals, but instead of gathering as much green AP as I possibly could in order to trigger the sniper ability.
  • With rag in play I feel like half the time you're going to get enough green just because of cascades. But sometimes those cascades are of a different color so it's just a nice surprise when you randomly end up with enough purple.
Sign In or Register to comment.