*** Black Widow (Grey Suit) ***

1235715

Comments

  • What level do you have it at?

    Mine at 3 has never failed to destroy a cd it was supposed to. But I don't use her a whole lot.
  • Level 3. It's within the reticle and occasionally a tile escapes destruction. Very weird.
  • That happened against me as well.
  • I believe it follows a certain pattern. Mine is at level 5 and makes a reticle shape, meaning that it'll miss a total of 12 tiles , 3 in the top right, 3 in the top left, 3 in the bottom right, and 3 in the bottom left, all L shape. I forgot how it acts at level 3, but try to pay attention to it's shape to know where to better place it.
  • ClintmanClintman Posts: 800 Critical Contributor
    There are gaps in the reticle. It's basically a circle with a cross through it, not a solid block of tiles, there is a design. To the reticle,

    I always put a sniper tile kitty corner to a tile I want to protect or right next to a tile I want to destroy.
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    You have to learn the shape, it isn't a simple circle.

    At five green, it looks like this:
    OOOOOOOO
    OOXXXOOO
    OXOXOXOO
    XOOXOOXO
    XXXXXXXO
    XOOXOOXO
    OXOXOXOO
    OOXXXOOO
    

    Learn where the gaps are for your current power level. They're immediately diagonal to the center point regardless of their current size.
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some players have requested an interface that shows exactly which tiles would be destroyed. This could be a useful visual for several powers, but none more than Sniper Rifle. That said, there's at least a dozen things I'd like to see fixed before they start working on that.
  • I think the new GSBW team has to be Thor/Hulk/GSBW. I could potentially see someone using Rag in place of Hulk though. Rag would allow you to generate more green on offense, but I think on defense Hulk is a much better option as his Green would be used over GSBW's.

    I've got my GSBW up to about 71ish and I'm not sure if I want to keep going. She's 5/3/1 right now, about to be 5/3/2 after the Thor tournament. But I feel like it's a waste of ISO as GSBW at any level isn't threatening to go up against in PVP, and in PVE it's usually easier to use a team based around another character.
  • Razzi wrote:
    I think the new GSBW team has to be Thor/Hulk/GSBW. I could potentially see someone using Rag in place of Hulk though. Rag would allow you to generate more green on offense, but I think on defense Hulk is a much better option as his Green would be used over GSBW's.

    I've got my GSBW up to about 71ish and I'm not sure if I want to keep going. She's 5/3/1 right now, about to be 5/3/2 after the Thor tournament. But I feel like it's a waste of ISO as GSBW at any level isn't threatening to go up against in PVP, and in PVE it's usually easier to use a team based around another character.


    We're on the same page. And you are absolutely right about not leveling her too high. She's actually slightly ahead of Hulk in black damage at similar levels. Her representing three(or more) colors on the board makes her too vunerable.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Some players have requested an interface that shows exactly which tiles would be destroyed. This could be a useful visual for several powers, but none more than Sniper Rifle. That said, there's at least a dozen things I'd like to see fixed before they start working on that.

    True, but that should be an easy one since they have all the functionality in other abilities. I know I'm probably making light of how much work goes into it, but I don't think there would be too many problems implementing this. With how much I use her sniper, I've got the pattern down, but I could see it very helpful anyway. Also, for her red, which I use every once in a while.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Razzi wrote:
    I think the new GSBW team has to be Thor/Hulk/GSBW. I could potentially see someone using Rag in place of Hulk though. Rag would allow you to generate more green on offense, but I think on defense Hulk is a much better option as his Green would be used over GSBW's.

    I've got my GSBW up to about 71ish and I'm not sure if I want to keep going. She's 5/3/1 right now, about to be 5/3/2 after the Thor tournament. But I feel like it's a waste of ISO as GSBW at any level isn't threatening to go up against in PVP, and in PVE it's usually easier to use a team based around another character.


    We're on the same page. And you are absolutely right about not leveling her too high. She's actually slightly ahead of Hulk in black damage at similar levels. Her representing three(or more) colors on the board makes her too vunerable.

    I'm not convinced in the notion of using Thor a 2*, as a dream team member! I have been owning two star teams all day, so they do stop being awesome once your 3*s breach the lvl 100 point.

    What about ironman 40, hulk, and gsbw? If you stagger BW to keep her under hulk so he tanks, he can generate for her. Plus this seems like a stopper to all the patch, punisher and ares teams running around...
  • Sadly (because it's so preidictable), the best is probably Spider Man as the third wheel, because by matching purple (for Widow's ability) you are throwing down defense tiles at the same time. Plus, his strength is yellow and blue.


    IM40 would be good if you wanted to use him as a mountain of HP's to discourage attacks, but aside from that all his abilities are a bit poo.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Sadly (because it's so preidictable), the best is probably Spider Man as the third wheel, because by matching purple (for Widow's ability) you are throwing down defense tiles at the same time. Plus, his strength is yellow and blue.


    IM40 would be good if you wanted to use him as a mountain of HP's to discourage attacks, but aside from that all his abilities are a bit poo.

    What's curious is when I combine hulk and ironman I get attacked less than with hulk spidey. Ironman doesn't intimidate as much in my experience
  • klingsor wrote:
    What's curious is when I combine hulk and ironman I get attacked less than with hulk spidey. Ironman doesn't intimidate as much in my experience


    Are they both high leveled? Because if someone had to 100+ Hulk/IM40's, I would skip them because I don't want to deal with chewing through all the HP's.
  • I've been using C Storm 5/5/3/ BWGS 3/3/5 combination in Heroic PVE. Deceptive tactics feeds Lightning Storm and vice versa in what can turn into an endless loop with each attack feeding the other, slow grind as neither ability does a lot of damage, but with Spidey as 3rd wheel you can bang out max level missions without losing any health.
  • I've been using C Storm 5/5/3/ BWGS 3/3/5 combination in Heroic PVE. Deceptive tactics feeds Lightning Storm and vice versa in what can turn into an endless loop with each attack feeding the other, slow grind as neither ability does a lot of damage, but with Spidey as 3rd wheel you can bang out max level missions without losing any health.

    That sounds like a good one, I used to do that with Rag. It was too easy and very quick. I thought about trying it with Thor's new yellow. Obviously, not in heroic Oscorp though.
  • I've been using C Storm 5/5/3/ BWGS 3/3/5 combination in Heroic PVE. Deceptive tactics feeds Lightning Storm and vice versa in what can turn into an endless loop with each attack feeding the other, slow grind as neither ability does a lot of damage, but with Spidey as 3rd wheel you can bang out max level missions without losing any health.

    Interesting, I use them for heroic, but died at the last mission. My storm is low level though, since I don't like her anymore...
  • Interesting, I use them for heroic, but died at the last mission. My storm is low level though, since I don't like her anymore...[/quote]

    My storm is L85, but BWGS is only L57 (didn't start getting covers for until quite recently). Debating whether I want to just burn 2500 hp and max out her sniper rifle... doesn't seem like it would be useful until I have the iso necessary to get her into the 100s.
  • Interesting, I use them for heroic, but died at the last mission. My storm is low level though, since I don't like her anymore...

    My storm is L85, but BWGS is only L57 (didn't start getting covers for until quite recently). Debating whether I want to just burn 2500 hp and max out her sniper rifle... doesn't seem like it would be useful until I have the iso necessary to get her into the 100s.[/quote]

    i'd say max her purple first. being able to create multiple crit tiles and 4inarow line destructions is huge. you will always be able to pull off 1 crit tile, alot of 2 crit tiles and sometimes even 3! Her sniper rifle is a finishing move but the cost is so high that rushing for it off the start might not be the best move.

    i'd say go for a 5/3/5 grey suit matched with a 4/5/4 C. storm and something else can be a pretty good match.
  • i'd say max her purple first. being able to create multiple crit tiles and 4inarow line destructions is huge. you will always be able to pull off 1 crit tile, alot of 2 crit tiles and sometimes even 3! Her sniper rifle is a finishing move but the cost is so high that rushing for it off the start might not be the best move.

    i'd say go for a 5/3/5 grey suit matched with a 4/5/4 C. storm and something else can be a pretty good match.[/quote]

    Puprple already maxed... sitting on 3/3/5. I'm hoping to pull the remaining two from new LRs.
Sign In or Register to comment.