**** Iron Man (Hulkbuster) ****

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    spectator wrote:
    short term pain, long term gain. Think about how much more health packs you may have to use if the match drags on. Overdrive is well worth the small amount of damage you take.

Or team a 5/3/5 Hulkbuster up with a 3/5/5 3-star Cyclops. Use Cyclops's yellow and HB's blue to get lots of red. Use HB's red and Cyclops Black.

The only colors not covered by this team are green and purple. If only there were some other 4-star that used those colors to great effectiveness... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sambrookjm wrote:
    spectator wrote:
    short term pain, long term gain. Think about how much more health packs you may have to use if the match drags on. Overdrive is well worth the small amount of damage you take.

Or team a 5/3/5 Hulkbuster up with a 3/5/5 3-star Cyclops. Use Cyclops's yellow and HB's blue to get lots of red. Use HB's red and Cyclops Black.

The only colors not covered by this team are green and purple. If only there were some other 4-star that used those colors to great effectiveness... icon_mrgreen.gif

I see you're talking about X-23! I agree!

Seriously though folks, I've kind of forgotten about 3* Cyclops, he's rotting on the bench now but maybe I'll try that out! Or perhaps with IM40, oh wait.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sambrookjm wrote:
    spectator wrote:

You could also complete the rainbow by throwing Phoenix in there, especially if you have some purple covers... Seriously, four colours to accelerate red? That's pretty rad if you ask me icon_e_smile.gif
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Should IMHB be able to kill off an invisible Prof X with his Repulsor Punch? I would have thought not, but apparently I was wrong.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    Should IMHB be able to kill off an invisible Prof X with his Repulsor Punch? I would have thought not, but apparently I was wrong.

That would be pretty easy if Charles was stunned. Not knowing more about your situation though kind of makes it hard to diagnose.
  • maximumboo
    maximumboo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    With many newer and stronger 4 stars heroes coming out, Hulkbuster is losing its glory as it was used to be. I love this character so much and hope that it could be reworked to be more competitive in the current meta. Not sure if the below improvements were possible:

Red: Increase the damage 10-20% per tiles, some AP other than red are consumed.
    Black: Remove self damages at level 5, at the expense of removing the strike tiles created; Less number of black tiles are needed, with less number of red tiles generated.
    Blue: Add strike tiles and stronger (but fewer) protect tiles at level 5; or restore true health to HB (as damaged parts get replaced),

Any other feasible, even minor improvements are also welcome. 

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With many newer and stronger 4 stars heroes coming out, Hulkbuster is losing its glory as it was used to be. 
    HB is still as effective as he ever was - a giant red nuke machine with a nice chunk of health. While other 4-stars have replaced him at the very top of the heap, which is inevitable as old as he is, I'm not sure he requires a re-balance. Whenever I have to absolutely beat one person (Galactus, lone Hulk nodes in his PvE) HB is still my go-to guy.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    With many newer and stronger 4 stars heroes coming out, Hulkbuster is losing its glory as it was used to be. I love this character so much and hope that it could be reworked to be more competitive in the current meta. Not sure if the below improvements were possible:

Red: Increase the damage 10-20% per tiles, some AP other than red are consumed.
    Black: Remove self damages at level 5, at the expense of removing the strike tiles created; Less number of black tiles are needed, with less number of red tiles generated.
    Blue: Add strike tiles and stronger (but fewer) protect tiles at level 5; or restore true health to HB (as damaged parts get replaced),

Any other feasible, even minor improvements are also welcome. 

Probalby one of the few 4* you have maxed huh?! Otherwise you would not ask for a HB buff...
    He is good the way he is, no need to buff or nerf anything.