**** Iron Man (Hulkbuster) ****

Options

Comments

• jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Puertorico wrote:
    Another Nerf plea??? If u want to take down a 4* use a 4*. Otherwise stick to playing the 3* teams u can beat. HB is not overpowered and doesnt need a Nerf. Maybe u had a bad board or AI had a ridiculous cascade, it happens to the best of us from time to time. But asking d3 to Nerf a character because u don't have it and can't beat us without it is a little selfish. Eventually another 4* will come and be better than HB. So fight for that character or use kp who can drain his ap, but don't beg for another Nerf the forums don't need another 10 rage quitting threads
    Yes this! If u are taking on a 4 star team with 3 stars u have no god given right beating them.prepare for a loss/health pks.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Puertorico wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Puertorico wrote:
    Another Nerf plea??? If u want to take down a 4* use a 4*. Otherwise stick to playing the 3* teams u can beat. HB is not overpowered and doesnt need a Nerf. Maybe u had a bad board or AI had a ridiculous cascade, it happens to the best of us from time to time. But asking d3 to Nerf a character because u don't have it and can't beat us without it is a little selfish. Eventually another 4* will come and be better than HB. So fight for that character or use kp who can drain his ap, but don't beg for another Nerf the forums don't need another 10 rage quitting threads

Also telling him to just fight 3* because he is not buying 4* covers and telling him to use KP is silly. The reality is with 3* buffs you can take down a lot of characters.

There is less room for error especially when HB has a buff, and with the new point system in PVP comming for th next season it might be easier to hit 1000. This might help people get more 4* covers, but it won't change the fact that HB red and black are 2 of the best combos in the game. His is extremely powerful and has significant health so he is a great scare crow on defense.
    I imagine you spent real money on HB if you are as upset with the OP, but I would ask you this would you have spent that money on HB if he was not as good as he is? If at level 5 black he only generated 5AP? If th answer is no then you at proving that the OP is right and HB is th new broken character and will centrally get hit with the Nerf Bat.

You don't need HB to take down HB. How is telling him to use kp silly? Kp has 15k+ health yellow at 5 does 10k+ damage purple at 5 will drain HB red ap and gain yellow ap. I use kp and elektra a lot I don't rely on one character for me to win a match.
    So let me restate I don't think HB should be nerfed. I think he is manageable to beat with buffed 3*. He reason telling him to use KP instead is KP is 4*. Not everyone pays real money to collect all the characters and 4* are a lot harder to collect if you are not willing to spend real $$. You are basicly telling him to pony up cash to defete HB. This is a freemium game and you are basicly saying drop $100 and get your own.

Yes I did spend real money on HB I maxed him the day he was released in packs the same way I did with kp dp kk etc etc etc. Is kp op? The next 4* could be worse than iw and I will still max that character. I don't max characters because I think they are strong I max characters because that's the point of the game. Collect covers put ISO in to those characters. What's the point of playing if you don't intend to collect and max all characters? A wise man once told me, "you can't be the best Pokemon trainer if you don't catch 'em all."
    A wiser man told me to Be the Best you have to beat the Best. If you look at some of the other points I am making when I compare HB to other powers and characters who got nerfed his powers match them pre Nerf. Look at sergical strike and Xforce. SS was OP becuase it not only could do massive damage but AP drain and AP generation. The Devs felt Xforce was OP becuase with the number of green generators the damage and board shake it did was OP( I do not agree, but that is how I see it from there eyes especially after KK came out). The Devs felt 4Thor was OP with her blue to red combo. The charge tiles were too many and let her fire her red not once but potentially twice in quick succession. Do I agree with that Nerf not so much.
    HB has 2 Red accelerators and once he gets going does massive damage and can one shot all characters but Devil Dino. You throw into the fact he can then fire black and do another 6k+ damage with his red again fits into being OP by the Dev's standards.
    Just remember becuase you spend a lot of money on the game does not mean that is the norm. there are many ways to play, but telling the OP you should become PTW by getting 4* covers is poor.
    HB fits into the OP state and I said that from the beginning. He will eventually get the Nerf bat becuase that is what the game does. I don't agree which is why I don't pay for the game. So thank you for spending your real $$ on the game you are making the game survive longer so I can play. Next time just try and look at things from the OP point of view or a FTP point of view.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IMHB is definitely overpowered and what's keeping him being immediately nerfed is Elektra, not because of some wishful thinking by guys on the forum. IMHB's stats are all quite over the top, but Elektra's skillset completely dominates his. So the devs are probably hoping people will eventually invest in Elektra who should be a very strong counter and is quite a strong character on her own. If you only have a Double Double Cross ready for an Overdrive (and not Shadow Step), it'd be someone likely gets Repulsor Punched for 10K but you get 1K of strike tiles back, and that's a decent trade to make when you consider it's a 7AP vs 11AP move. Having Shadow Step ready totally kills Repuslor Punch, especially an Overdrive into Shadow Step combo gets dismantled by Shadow Step and again Shadow Step is the same range of cost as Overdrive (4 matches, 1 less AP).

Now I know we sure aren't seeing fully covered Elektras anywhere to counter the IMHB, so either this doesn't really work or that people don't have Elektra fully covered to try this. Since Elektra was never a high priority for anybody, we should expect IMHB to at least still have enough time equal to when devs think people ought to have finished max covering Elektra. If at that point Elektra still hasn't emerged as a counter to IMHB then he'll probably get nerfed, and if IMHB does get countered by Elektra that's all the better for devs because now they make more money off Elektra.
  • Puertorico
    Puertorico Posts: 50
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Puertorico wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Puertorico wrote:

Also telling him to just fight 3* because he is not buying 4* covers and telling him to use KP is silly. The reality is with 3* buffs you can take down a lot of characters.

There is less room for error especially when HB has a buff, and with the new point system in PVP comming for th next season it might be easier to hit 1000. This might help people get more 4* covers, but it won't change the fact that HB red and black are 2 of the best combos in the game. His is extremely powerful and has significant health so he is a great scare crow on defense.
    I imagine you spent real money on HB if you are as upset with the OP, but I would ask you this would you have spent that money on HB if he was not as good as he is? If at level 5 black he only generated 5AP? If th answer is no then you at proving that the OP is right and HB is th new broken character and will centrally get hit with the Nerf Bat.

You don't need HB to take down HB. How is telling him to use kp silly? Kp has 15k+ health yellow at 5 does 10k+ damage purple at 5 will drain HB red ap and gain yellow ap. I use kp and elektra a lot I don't rely on one character for me to win a match.
    So let me restate I don't think HB should be nerfed. I think he is manageable to beat with buffed 3*. He reason telling him to use KP instead is KP is 4*. Not everyone pays real money to collect all the characters and 4* are a lot harder to collect if you are not willing to spend real $$. You are basicly telling him to pony up cash to defete HB. This is a freemium game and you are basicly saying drop $100 and get your own.

Yes I did spend real money on HB I maxed him the day he was released in packs the same way I did with kp dp kk etc etc etc. Is kp op? The next 4* could be worse than iw and I will still max that character. I don't max characters because I think they are strong I max characters because that's the point of the game. Collect covers put ISO in to those characters. What's the point of playing if you don't intend to collect and max all characters? A wise man once told me, "you can't be the best Pokemon trainer if you don't catch 'em all."
    A wiser man told me to Be the Best you have to beat the Best. If you look at some of the other points I am making when I compare HB to other powers and characters who got nerfed his powers match them pre Nerf. Look at sergical strike and Xforce. SS was OP becuase it not only could do massive damage but AP drain and AP generation. The Devs felt Xforce was OP becuase with the number of green generators the damage and board shake it did was OP( I do not agree, but that is how I see it from there eyes especially after KK came out). The Devs felt 4Thor was OP with her blue to red combo. The charge tiles were too many and let her fire her red not once but potentially twice in quick succession. Do I agree with that Nerf not so much.
    HB has 2 Red accelerators and once he gets going does massive damage and can one shot all characters but Devil Dino. You throw into the fact he can then fire black and do another 6k+ damage with his red again fits into being OP by the Dev's standards.
    Just remember becuase you spend a lot of money on the game does not mean that is the norm. there are many ways to play, but telling the OP you should become PTW by getting 4* covers is poor.
    HB fits into the OP state and I said that from the beginning. He will eventually get the Nerf bat becuase that is what the game does. I don't agree which is why I don't pay for the game. So thank you for spending your real $$ on the game you are making the game survive longer so I can play. Next time just try and look at things from the OP point of view or a FTP point of view.

Well when you beat me let me know. I never told him to spend real $$$$ I stated he needs to stick to 3* teams he knows he can beat. Please try to prove points off facts. If I remember correctly HB is a 4* and shouldn't be taken down by 3* characters with ease. there needs to be a big bold line between 3* and 4* characters, just as there is between 1* and 2*. I also told my crews HB would get nerfed weeks before he was event a reward in I've. I also never said HB wouldn't get nerfed I said he doesn't need one. Eventually d3 will Nerf HB because they nerf everybody that's how they make their money. some don't spend $$$. They shouldn't complain about not getting the top covers or characters for free or with little to no effort. If people played as much as they are up here complaining and crying out Nerf they might have characters they think are op. Me spending money doesn't allow the game to survive I'm a drop in a bucket, but glad it makes you feel to have a purpose. Try looking at this from a ftp p2w or at least with an educated mind
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    traedoril wrote:
    I hate to request a character nerf but Hulkbuster is way Overpowered. I starved the AI of all red only to have a **** cascade that led to the ai getting both red and black ap.
    Newsflash: if you are facing any reasonably constructed team, a cascade that generates 9+ red, 11+ black, and god-knows-what-else, is going to kick your **** hard. Should we go ahead and nerf EVERYBODY??

I'll go further. I think cascades are the single greatest cause of player losses in PVP.

Also the cause of some of the fastest wins while you play.

Cascades go both ways

Cascades are OP. Can the devs please nerf them?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can't believe that this is even a thread. Honestly yes, HB does great damage and is able to generate a decent amount of red AP, but then again he is a 4 star character... I mean what's the point in having a 4 star character if it is only going to be just as strong as a 3 star character?
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Options
    We already hashed this out in the HB thread, but there are tons of counters to HB, despite him being strong. In approximate descending order of effectiveness:

Elektra (already discussed by Phantron). Dominates.

She-Hulk: Settlement to steal strike tiles
    Furious Charge easily slows down HB's abilities.
    Can make use of red tiles generated by Hulk-Proof.

4Thor
    Yellow converts strike tiles generated by Overdrive.
    She makes use of red tiles generated by Hulk-Proof for multiple smites.
    Can stun Hulkbuster.

Loki
    Convert strike tiles
    Steal AP after match-4s after HulkProof

X-Force - destroy all red tiles.

Kamala Khan - convert all red or black to green

Moonstone (boosted) - Steals strike tiles
    Photon Blast after Hulk-Proof.

Blade - continually steal red AP
    --edit forgot Blade
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    well, in offense I could use HB red right after black where you can't even counter that. Both of his blue and black feeds his red, which is a really strong attack. When 4thor was at her former glory, you would use her red right after blue or if you can cast red at least twice as those charged tiles are double edge sword if matched by the ai but yet she still get hit by the nerf bat. IMHB is really imbalanced now, unlike 4thor, he only receive minimal self damage and place strike tiles that are only counter able by small amount of characters. It is surely much safer than charge tiles and those strike tiles benefits all his teammate while charge tiles only mostly benefits thor herself or maybe some yellow user. Furthermore, 4thor need to place those charge tiles on board to increase the power of smite while IMHB black directly stores the red ap. The IMHB is also ai proof as the ai will use red immediately right after black. i fought one fully leveled and all he did was a nice cascade, used black and directly red after that and downed one single full hp character similar to the old 4thor whom definitely deserves a nerf. His blue also causes random cascade and protects his whole team, either the board is full of blue, black, red or purple (I assume IF will convert black for him) you are sure to win. I compares him to 4thor because both are almost the same concept, self feed to one single powerful attack but IMHB is surely much safer and easier to OHKO anyone.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please, not this again.

Not this.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jesus, hes a 4 star get him or get over it.
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Holy gosh, I forgotten that X force and 4thor are 4 stars as well..
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Puertorico wrote:

I don't think they should Nerf HB, but the OP has a point. HB black at 5 covers for 11 black you get 2 strike tiles that total 700 and 9 red AP that will do almost 6K damage. 4Thor got merged becuase she spit out too many charge tiles which allowed smite to kill everyone, and hen reload quickly. HB can do the same thing for a small cost of 1500 health. If anything I though 4Thors blue had more balance in the fact that you each team could collect the charge tiles.

Also telling him to just fight 3* because he is not buying 4* covers and telling him to use KP is silly. The reality is with 3* buffs you can take down a lot of characters. There is less room for error especially when HB has a buff, and with the new point system in PVP comming for th next season it might be easier to hit 1000. This might help people get more 4* covers, but it won't change the fact that HB red and black are 2 of the best combos in the game. His is extremely powerful and has significant health so he is a great scare crow on defense.

HB red and black are one hit combos. 5500ish is not going to knock out or one shot too many characters, especially when the player can choose which character to tank and let receive that it. Afterwards, his red goes all the way back to 0. So you have to start all over. As far as the strike tiles, there are so many characters that can deal with strike tiles now, I have now clue why they are being brought up as an issue.

HB is by far one of the slowest characters in the game. 4or got faster and faster as the match progressed. HB you have to make 4 matches for black to fire his red once. For the same number of matches, BP black does about the same amount of damage except to the entire team. KK is much faster and does more total damage as well.

So why is this a real issue? Because players see 4* and freak out. I'd be a lot more worried about Cyclops than HB. Cyclops can really back a wallop.

As far why other people are upset with the OP, you have all these great 3*'s come out like Cyclops, Fist, Cage (who does more damage for only 2 more AP btw), KK, etc. Not a peep that they need to be nerfed. A 4* comes out, who arguable is not as good as many 3*'s, especially with the new buff system for 3*'s, and the cry for a nerf comes out kind of hollow. Let's call it what it is, this 4* discrimination plain and simple. I'm sorry if some players are offended by this type of discrimination, but if we are going to have open and honest discussions about characters, I think it is wrong to pull out the 4* card every time a 4* looks like it will not be trash tier.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ug, had missed this post until now. No upvotes, good thing downvotes don't exist I'd say.

Stop talking nerfs! (and PX is way worse than HB.... icon_e_wink.gif )
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    No more nerfing. If character so powerful, increase number tiles required for ability. If it requires 11 tiles increase to 18 or 20. No more nerfing. Four stars are weaker then most three stars. Some three stars weaker than two. Why have different stars if this is case. Four stars should be strongest, then three, then two, then one. If characters are to overpowering adjust number of tiles. Make harder to use that ability, not make ability not worth using. My opinion, I could be wrong.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zeddicus wrote:
    No more nerfing. If character so powerful, increase number tiles required for ability. If it requires 11 tiles increase to 18 or 20. No more nerfing. Four stars are weaker then most three stars. Some three stars weaker than two. Why have different stars if this is case. Four stars should be strongest, then three, then two, then one. If characters are to overpowering adjust number of tiles. Make harder to use that ability, not make ability not worth using. My opinion, I could be wrong.
    Increasing cost is NERFING!
  • zeddicus
    Options
    Nope. Increasing cost is strategic, nerfing is downgrading.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    traedoril wrote:
    I hate to request a character nerf but Hulkbuster is way Overpowered. I starved the AI of all red only to have a **** cascade that led to the ai getting both red and black ap.
    Newsflash: if you are facing any reasonably constructed team, a cascade that generates 9+ red, 11+ black, and god-knows-what-else, is going to kick your **** hard. Should we go ahead and nerf EVERYBODY??

I'll go further. I think cascades are the single greatest cause of player losses in PVP.

Also the cause of some of the fastest wins while you play.

Cascades go both ways

Eh, they hardly hold the same weight. A cascade for you means one easy win out the of 30+ matches you have to play. A cascade for the enemy means you spend 3 healthpacks or stop playing.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zeddicus wrote:

icon_rolleyes.gif

i don't think you know the meaning of "nerf"

increasing the cost is worse than decreasing damage dealt.
    and no, Veronica isn't OP (neither is Xavier btw)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zeddicus wrote:
    This is why we need the thumbs down button. I'd have ignored you the first time, but when you double down on something you're completely wrong about, this dopey line of thought needs to be shut down.
  • zeddicus
    Options
    I thought I did. So to be sure I looked it up. I have applied correctly. Increasing cost not nerfing. As boosts can be used to off set cost. So again no more nerfing characters. Plus incredible hulk strongest there is. Needs to be that way in marvel puzzle quest.