S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and 'Rogue and Friends' Vault (9/27/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

With the release of Rogue (Classic), not only will there be a special Vault, but also a new event called S.H.I.E.L.D. Training.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training

As players level up certain characters, not only do they get the satisfaction of bolstering their characters' strengths, but now they're also rewarded by unlocking missions in this event. Completing these missions will earn players Rogue (Classic) cover, Iso-8, Event Tokens, and even Command Points and Legendary Tokens!

Check out all the details below:
  • Starts: Thursday, September 28th, 7am EDT
  • Ends: Thursday, October 5th, 7am EDT
  • Runs alongside other Story events
  • All missions can only be played once for a reward.
  • There are no Placement rewards
Missions
  • Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D.
    • 1 Join Forces mission with Rogue (Classic), Cyclops (Classic), and Professor X (Charles Xavier)
      • Join Forces missions lend characters to the player (this is in addition to copies of the character the player may already have) This allows the player to play a mission even if they don't have the character.
    • Unlocks the first Training Exercise and Individual Training missions.
  • 9 Training Exercise missions
    • Rewards include 100, 250, or 500 Iso-8
  • 3 Call for Backup missions
    • Each mission unlocks after a set of three Training Exercise missions
    • Requires Cyclops (Classic), Wolverine (X-Force), and Professor X (Charles Xavier)
    • Later missions require these characters to be a certain level or higher (94 and 209 respectively)
    • Rewards include Hearts of Darkness tokens, and a random Rogue (Classic) cover
  • 5 Individual Training missions
    • 1-on-1 missions requiring Rogue (Classic)
    • Later missions require Rogue to be a certain level or higher (78, 111, 169, 251 respectively)
    • Rewards include Command Points, and a Latest Legends Token
Progression Rewards
  • 4 Tiers of Progression Rewards
    • 1,000, 1,000, 5,000, and 10,000 Iso-8

Rogue and Friends Vault

• Starts: Sunday, October 1st, 8am EDT
  • Ends: Friday, October 6th, 2am EDT
  • The Story event, Webbed Wonder, and the Versus Tournament, Close Contact (Rogue's Versus Tournament) will both reward tokens to this Vault.
  • 80 Item Vault
    • 1 Legendary Token
    • 3 4-Star Characters
      • 1 Random Rogue (Classic) cover
      • 2 4-Star characters from the Call for Backup missions
    • 22 3-Star Characters
      • 3 Featured
      • 19 Random
    • 54 2-Star Characters
      • 10 Featured
      • 44 Random

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love this.  Thank you!
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    I feel like I need to save some iso to level characters, but I like the idea of release events like this, just like I liked the idea of the updated characters having extra mini events to give covers.

I also haven't a clue how I will manage to get enough covers to level rogue to level 251.
    at this time I only see a decent way to get 4 covers or so (one here, one from PVE placement as I am not going to be able to get more than one, one from PVE progression on the second event, and one from the rogue vault) which leaves me far from the 13 required covers to get her to 251 (as a character with 12 covers only goes to 250)

thus I am assuming the end of this event is strictly for whales given it's a 7 day event and you are expecting people to basically champ rogue in that time?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome! Is this a one-off special event, or should we expect to see these somewhat frequently?

Brigby said:
      • Later missions require Rogue to be a certain level or higher (78, 111, 169, 251 respectively)
    Are these levels accurate, namely lvl 251? Will it even be possible for us to get enough Rogue covers in the next five days to reach that level? Or are these stated levels tiered for characters that are already in packs and because Rogue is brand new her level requirements will be reduced?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited September 2017
    Starfury said:
    Brigby said:
    So those later missions will only be playable by people who somehow get up to 5 to 13 covers for a newly released character who isn't in tokens yet?

Kind of a bummer. :(
    Yes, you will be required to level her up in order to play the later missions.

As with any 4-Star character, Level 78 is attainable with 2 covers, level 111 is attainable with 4 covers, level 169 is attainable with 8 covers, and level 251 is attainable with 13 covers.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Killians8 said:
    Ugh! The choice of Prox X and 4* Clops kills my advancement in this event. Both of mine have very few covers. :(
    I have the covers from being a long term player, but given both characters were only recently opened back up from vaulting, and I don't think either has been a PVE reward in over a year, they are poor choices for anyone that isn't a day 1000 or higher player.

they likely should have run some events with them, and let people know they would be required so people had time to get some covers and build up some iso to level characters.

I mean I recently had a 4* wolverine and RIRI cover on the vine with both having enough to champ and I sold the wolverine because he still isn't very good while RIRI has her uses after the changes. who knew I would have to level him so soon after doing that lol.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually 8 covers gets you to 168
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    So about this point.  This might require a considerable bit of ISO for some people. This normally would not be a big deal, but since the time limit of the event, is  rather short, would you guys consider extending the event, or somehow make sure the hard working players get enough ISO from this event to level Rogue?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    So about this point.  This might require a considerable bit of ISO for some people. This normally would not be a big deal, but since the time limit of the event, is  rather short, would you guys consider extending the event, or somehow make sure the hard working players get enough ISO from this event to level Rogue?
    Nope,  click the top right area of your game display, select mother lode, buy, repeat till required level is achieved
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Aside from the required node's scaling, I love this idea. But 251? get out

And knowing that there could be these for Nightcrawler and Gambit too makes me less likely to spend my hoard on just Rogue.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    Also seems like a catch 22 cause arent the pull rates for 5 stars suppose to 1/4 for the anniversery? 

Either blow your hoard trying to cover Rogue in a week to finish this mini-event or save for anni to try and build 5s.
    I don't know where you got this idea (1/4), but....it seems unlikely. Also, Rogue won't enter legendaries until midday on Thursday the 5th, if past patterns hold.  So you would not face a choice here in terms of trying to pull a Rogue for this event.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Starfury said:
    Brigby said:
    So those later missions will only be playable by people who somehow get up to 5 to 13 covers for a newly released character who isn't in tokens yet?

Kind of a bummer. :(
    Yes, you will be required to level her up in order to play the later missions.

As with any 4-Star character, Level 78 is attainable with 2 covers, level 111 is attainable with 4 covers, level 169 is attainable with 8 covers, and level 251 is attainable with 13 covers.
    Given that this event only lasts a week, this will only be beneficial to the big spenders in this game.

Given that we've only been given a day's notice, the people that could theoretically prepare for an event like this won't have time.

Interesting concept. If this announcement were for this event to start first of November, I'd be excited.

At least they gave you this to announce today, so we could get on with the disappointment that inevitably comes alongside a good announcement.