S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and 'Rogue and Friends' Vault (9/27/17)

Comments

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker

still doesn't take away from the fact that you still have less then 4 days from event end to finish getting 13 covers in a new character to get that LT.
    Did they say that the only reward for the level 251 Rogue node was a single LT? If so, then my extremely mild dislike of that aspect just declined to "barely existent" and I'm not even sure it's a cash grab in that case. I can't imagine anyone is silly enough to spend a beaucoup of real-life bucks just to get a single LT, but if they do, more power to 'em.  Maybe there ARE players who were going to spend money to cover up Rogue anyway, but for them, a single LT hardly qualifies as a "cash grab" since they were going to spend the money anyway.

Sure, I'd rather they make it to where I could get all the rewards without having a fully covered Rogue, but I assume the devs know that, so I don't see much value in telling them (unlike with things like vaulting, where they devs may not have realized how some players would react). 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I think everyone is overreacting. This all looks great. There are ample opportunities to get Rogue, more than most new release characters. The S.H.I.E.L.D. Training is entirely a bonus event that looks fun and has good rewards. If you are a whale that immediately covers characters (something the whales already do), you get a couple more bonus rewards as thanks for your support. The rest of us still get plenty, we are not gated out of anything — not having Rogue at 13 covers and the requisite level in time only means we miss out on a Latest Legends token, which has a value of 25 CP. Relax?

Why is disagreement on the Internet overreacting? It's either group think or absolute hate with everything now with no middle ground for simple criticism allowed.  

Personally, I agree with you on the rest. I don't plan to sink an ounce of iso in Rogue regardless of covers just for a few extra rewards. If post-unvaulting releases are anything to just by I'll have 5 covers at best for her by the end of the event.

It's better to just keep my iso focus on my next 4 star champ, Kate in this case. 

Like you said, it's something extra for whales and also a sales gimmick to entice people to whale. I'm gonna play what I can and move on.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    jgomes32 said:
    Spoit said:
    Everyone is up in arms about the rogue essential nodes, but I'm here sideyeing the PX ones. It's a trap to try to get people to level chuck up past the point where his match damage will break the GSBW/SW winfinite combo!
    That's still a thing?
    Yeah, only these days it's called "Free Shield Sim Points"
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Ah, I'm liking this. My Wolverine and Cyclops are at 200, and I my Prof X. will be able to reach 209 after Magneto gets three more champion levels.
    Now about Rogue: For me, who got into X-Men with the cartoon, this one is her classic look. But what about you, old comic book fans? Is this how a char named Rogue (Classic) should look? I know she had other costume before, but I don't know how relevant it is.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like 95% of this whole thing. I just cannot understand why they think licking certain aspects away was a good idea.

I mean sure, when they re-run this and choose another 4* character it makes sense to lock certain parts behind a level wall. But it makes absolutely no sense to do it for a brand new character. This is why you guys ditched the idea of the DDQ Crash including character who haven't had two solo events yet. And yet here we are expected to get a character not even out yet up to level 251 in less than a week? I think y'all grossly overestimate how much ISO we get on a day-to-day basis.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I'm excited by this event. But I am concerned this training room is going to set a dangerous precedent.

I know you guys can be reasonable and expect with our constructive criticism you will either:

1. Reduce covers needed to Rogue to maximum 7 required or
    2. Extend Shield training 'til Rogue enters packs.

Bravo on the new game play mode though, really. This is great news and was one of the things on my anniversary wishlist. Very happy overall :)

• thisone
    edited September 2017
    Ah, I'm liking this. My Wolverine and Cyclops are at 200, and I my Prof X. will be able to reach 209 after Magneto gets three more champion levels.
    Now about Rogue: For me, who got into X-Men with the cartoon, this one is her classic look. But what about you, old comic book fans? Is this how a char named Rogue (Classic) should look? I know she had other costume before, but I don't know how relevant it is.
    Her older costumes are not good. This is definitely her most well known outfit. I prefer her costume with the hood. Variant coming soon :D
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if I somehow got 13 covers for her I only have like 80k to my name so there's no way I could champ her soon. Hell my damn Vulture still only has 4 covers because I absolutely can't draw any covers for him to save my life.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I'll somehow score 3 covers in PvE and then just blow the 1200 CP I don't have to max her out.

Cool cool coooooool.
  • thisone
    Ooh. I just realized. Boss event after hearts of darkness would reward 3 Rogue covers. Interesting... :)
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    So I'll somehow score 3 covers in PvE and then just blow the 1200 CP I don't have to max her out.

Cool cool coooooool.
    I know you're being sarcastic, but you'd essentially be spending 1200 CP just to get 25 CP, the cost of a Latest Legends token. This reward is definitely just a bonus for those who were going to be maxing her out already anyway (i.e. the whales that probably generate half of the game's revenue.)

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Starfury said:
    Brigby said:
    • 5 Individual Training missions
      • 1-on-1 missions requiring Rogue (Classic)
      • Later missions require Rogue to be a certain level or higher (78, 111, 169, 251 respectively)
      • Rewards include Command Points, and a Latest Legends Token
    So those later missions will only be playable by people who somehow get up to 5 to 13 covers for a newly released character who isn't in tokens yet?

Kind of a bummer. :(
    Yes, you will be required to level her up in order to play the later missions.

As with any 4-Star character, Level 78 is attainable with 2 covers, level 111 is attainable with 4 covers, level 169 is attainable with 8 covers, and level 251 is attainable with 13 covers.

The developers just flushed every bit of good will they earned for this event down the toilet for some stupid tiny kitty like this, you should warn them no one but a very small majority of people will like this money grab.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Are people complaining about a node that requires a champed character? Clearly thats not for everyone. Its for the whales and more power to them, since whales are going to whale anyway. At least it gives them something to do with there newly champed character.

Dont get upset.

If it wasn't Available at all would it make you feel better? Either you'll be able to do it or you wont. It being there for those that can't wont make your life any more ruff or better

***Removed inappropriate language - Ducky
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm fine with having content gated behind a paywall.

I'm not sure if I'm fine that you pick anniversary to do it.
    Which should be a celebration and not cause for anger.

But this is Demiurge we're talking about.
    Gotta pay for Rogue, Gambit and Nightcrawler, I guess.

It's free stuff, on top of a regular PVE. So it's fine.
    Just... don't forget about double ISO. Please.

• robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I remembered that they had 5SL as the required character for 5k ISO. It does bother me that I cannot participate the event. The lack of reward does not hurt me in any way in this game. This is similar to that. In addition, they want you to spend all the excessive HPs you get from the sales. The difference is that the rewards might be tens of thousand ISO. It's nice to have the extra ISO but once again, this is not going to severely influence your chance of competing in this game. I won't bother chasing after 13 cover Rogue. She will be full cover eventually. 
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I do think that while the paygate aspect is infuriating, why are we really mad about a bonus event that gives out free stuff?  It looks like we'll be able to play the vast majority of the event if we have developed rosters, including that free Rogue cover, so I'm looking forward to it.
    Because it's insulting to the player base?
    Sure we can ignore a spit in the face, because it's followed by a free coin. Though, what was the  name for people who do that?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always liked her green and black one when she was sort'a "punk" but I guess this one does fit with other X characters costumes with the "classic" tagline in the game such as Cycops and Storm.