Upcoming Event: Spider-Man Vs. The Sinister Six

Options

Comments

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am very than pleased for the 3 Carol's  covers for my champed one  :)  but the rewards system should be improved. 
    More Iso8, HP and cp....the final rewards it's a little more of a joke because RNGesus will decide (as ever) who will get spidey and who will get Riri, Mordo or Agent V...this will sound a bit of an insult for those who will manage to climb their way up to 800kpoints
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A new version of the worst boss event and those are the rewards, cute. Carol is one of the best 4 stars no doubt, but yeah, gotta agree with the consensus that vaulted 4s should always be the reward for boss events.

Glad for those that can use her though.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Drake said:
    Man, they really need to upgrade rewards. A little over 2k iso for progression in a 3.5 day event is just bad.
    You´re absolutely right! These individual rewards are remnants from a bygone era when 4* characters were the measure of all things.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh, nice. the first Captain Marvel cover in progression is the last one I need to champ her. The other two will go for champion levels.

The bosses sound fun, and the complains about rewards are understandable.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As much as like Carol I think the boss event that is 5* release should give at lease one cover of the 5* to each player getting to the final progression (ideally it should be one in each color). It would drive the attendance, it could drive the sales (HP needed) and having one cover would not kill the bottom line for anybody. Also each 5* should be released that way (see Iron Man and Cap - this was done well as far as I remember). 

Since we are now looking at 1 5* release a month (or so - correct me if I am wrong) they should be at least accessible. As it is now - they are only accessible to whales and hoarders (but you have to hit with the hoard spot on or you won't cover the given 5*.... hence I am sad but I will never have usable Thanos). 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    so if I understand this correctly, the featured 3 star and 4 star for the event after the boss event is going to be Deadpool and Carol? if so, I... I have to admit.. this works pretty well for me personally even if everyone is disappointed generally and I can concur on some of it
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ahhh man this made my 11 cover Cloak and Dagger cry. Anyone have a Kleenex? Oh, why thank you, Carol.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Why is everyone complaining about champ levels for the best 4star? Tough crowd.
    Because I have plenty of other 4*s that require covers. Champ levels are meaningless in comparison. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Ahhh man this made my 11 cover Cloak and Dagger cry. Anyone have a Kleenex? Oh, why thank you, Carol.
    I'm looking at getting two covers from EotS placement rewards. If we were having a normal event right after instead of the boss event, the progression reward would be their yellow cover, which would make them 5/5/3.

So ask C4rol if she has another tissue for me, please. :-P
  • Platty616
    Platty616 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So, boosts designed to suit 5* players, and terrible individual progression rewards. This game in a nut shell recently.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Why isn't Miles boosted since he is the 4 star spider man?
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gotta love how most of the boosted 4*s are vaulted ones.............
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,552 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really like that the enemy AP depletes after each down. That should definitely make it somewhat easier than last time.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    shardwick said:
    I'm looking at getting two covers from EotS placement rewards. If we were having a normal event right after instead of the boss event, the progression reward would be their yellow cover, which would make them 5/5/3.

So ask C4rol if she has another tissue for me, please. :-P
    I'm currently in 15th so no covers for me unless the guys ahead of me drink too much and pop some firecrackers then forget to grind tonight.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this event!  Alliance Boss events are my favorite.

I understand a little of the complaints about a latest 4* in the rewards, but Carol is top tier.  I'd prefer Carol over 90% of the vaulted 4's.  Plus it's hard to complain about 3 4's and 2 legendary tokens for a 3 day event.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm glad this event has Carol. Because my Carol is 5/2/5 and I need that last yellow cover, as it is necessary to make other covers for her not go to waste.

I agree that vaulted characters should (theoretically) be offered more in rewards to compensate for lack of availability in tokens, but I don't think that makes it a crime to offer a non-vaulted character during a boss event (especially one that is as universally acclaimed as Carol).

Rather than complaining that the 4* rewards should have been a vaulted character, I'd rather us push for a solution that is better than vaulting so this kind of thing isn't an issue to begin with. But that's just me.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If not for my alliance I probably would skip this event, tough bosses, bad rewards, just everything seems off about it
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My only sadness in the rewards is no guaranteed cloak and dagger. I love getting c4rol rewards and many in my alliance do not have her champed so we are stoked 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 766 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm interested in the deadpool covers as it will mean I'll be able to champ my 4* deadpool as it takes me up to level 223 which is the next 4* cover reward for my champed  3* 

The rest I will try hard for my alliance so that they get the rewards