Upcoming Event: Spider-Man Vs. The Sinister Six

Options

Comments

• royalflush95
    royalflush95 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Been running Blad3 (5/3/5), Falcon and M4rvel on both sides. Alliance on R5 and the foe causing me more problem is Carnage. Yet, it's gone well thus far. Probably, in next rounds I'd have to use Deadpool points. 
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My first run I went with medusa, carol and wasp. When sandman kept matching yellow I kept laughing because he was getting blasted in the face by carol. And then... Doc Ock happened... I elliminated all but one of his tentacles and whatever I tried I couldn't match it away... 

Lost triumphantly.

So I switched to gsbw, coulson and SWitch. They are getting the job done splendindly so far
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Chulk being boosted, Mastermind Excello ends Doc Oct quite well.
    Sandman will be awful later on. He passively takes 40% less damage in round 6. There's just no one team that's good against everyone, and I don't think there's anything to fix that fight. Eventually, you're going to take that AOE.
    Looking forward to using Gamma Storm in round 7.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quake and captain Marvel 4* work well with sandman and set you up to dominate the later rounds. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh right. Quake. Yeah, that would help. Hmm, and resonant frequency on the color of a pesky tentacle you're having trouble matching.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Borstock said:
    On one of the Boss missions, after beating the second Boss in one shot on first turn by firing a power, the third boss's artwork didn't show. It came back with the second boss again. So, I got to fight Green Goblin twice (third boss never fired a power, so it might've just been Vulture with Goblin's art). Didn't cost me any points, but it was weird.
    This happened to me, but it cleared up half way through the match with Vulture. It's probably just the game slowly downloading or loading the new art assets. It happens with new characters or if you reinstall the game. It's not really a bug.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I've fought a few round 7 fights, and this incarnation of Boss Rush is still very doable. I'm actually pretty impressed that Demi took the time to make the adjustments needed to make Boss Rush bearable. 

We shall see if I change my mind tomorrow after the 24 hour mark, but yeah.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So... I just finished the boss event pretty early into round 7. Not even 11 hours into the event and I hit full progression already. 

And yes, I just posted about how this was a huge improvement on the original Boss Rush, and I stand by that, but I think that the scores may need to be adjusted for the next run of this event.

It will be nice to have a couple days break though, I've been feeling a little burnt out on the game recently. This boss event was very creative with the enemies and format however, I do have some hopes that D3 and Demi are starting to listen to us and we may see some positive changes coming up. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TOO EASY!!! Bring on a little pain!
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After getting past the bugs trying to join early I have to say I'm impressed. Just hit max progression and in round 8 and honestly, I've had to use several different teams to get through things. 

The rounds with carnage as the first boss were the hardest,  but even those were manageable. I ended up powering through them with r&g/gamora/medusa. 

Doc ock was pretty tough with those champs, but luckily I had some good team ups (juggernaut, Mr F) to get rid of tentacle tiles and finish everything romantic there.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @acescracked  IF you need more challenge, try to use bagman, belova bullseye1 and enjoy being swept away  :p

I want to thank (for once in a long time) the Devs for an interesting and enjoyable event. 
    Some Boss battles are esier than other, there are some tricky puzzle to beat like against Ock and Venom, some tough bosses like Sandman, but the whole event is enjoyable and (more important) playable by the whole player base and not only by those who have great rosters. 
    Thumbs up for me!  :):)
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally experienced "winfinite" carnage...what a beast I tell you.

Really like the improvements to this event, so two good back-to-back boss.events from the devs. I too my hat good sirs.

Now rework those individual progression rewards, pretty please.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i've really enjoyed this event. it's nice to have to think for a bit on an optimal team composition for each boss combination, instead of the usual toons.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For carnage, I found the right team with what I had at my disposal (I'm sure there are better - C4rol, 4Thor and Gwenpool.

My alliance-mate pointed out the obvious (if I bothered to read) that you need to deny black whatever you do.  WIth Carol, if carnage get a red, he will do over 2K damage and get you more red for thor.  Try to nuke carnage with carol's black or down him any way you can quickly.  Don't match any of carnage's green when carnage is about to blow (you will kill squishy gwen early).  
    In the Doc Ock round, release as much of Thoress' blue as you can to collect lots of red charged tiles, but also be collecting purple now, you have a lot of time,  after you bomb the nuclear tile take advantage of a few rounds that doc ock is frozen to collect more red and or green, but make sure that you have enough to kill doc before he unfreezes or it will start all over again (if you've collected a lot of purple, it's no big deal).
    Then you can go into the next round and kill it.

This event all in all was pretty good.
    I was confused at why the sub events were around level 40 or something, must be all the complaints from before, but they were simple.

The individual awards yeah, could have been improved, but at least Beast is a vaulted character, I guess.

Which brings us to the group rewards, yes, I agree that it would have been nice to have some vaulted covers, but  Deadpool is a solid cover that most people need (and I got to level 227 and got a LT - my nineteenth hobo fist blue or something useless, but still) and C4rol is one of the best four stars available.  Even if she is already champed, it's nice to have her boosted a bit more.

So, good job.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was confused at why the sub events were around level 40 or something, must be all the complaints from before, but they were simple.
    Oh, we haven't hit the 24 hour mark yet. Essential sub nodes scale up every 24 hours. That's why it's important to get as far as you can in the first 24 hours, because it only gets harder after that. 
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After completing round 8 my two cents on this event.

Positive:
    - fair scaling (Boss nodes & side nodes)
    - buffed characters
    - challenging Bosses (Carnage, Sandman, Vulture)
    - depletion of enemy AP after beating the Boss

Negative:
    - boring Bosses (especially Venom and Doc Ock)
    - individual progression rewards are out-of-time (but this applies to every Boss event)
    - for me as a 4* player this event was predominantly too easy

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My comments after finishing personal progression and doing a fair number of Round 8 fights.

Pros:
    • Scaling so far has been good (if anything too easy but I'd much much much rather have that then too hard).
    • The AP wipe is good.
    Cons:
    • As noted borders on too easy.  Especially once you realize that team winifinite can win every fight and hardly get touched.
    • Sandman's AOE seemed too brutal, but this could be my scaling being in 4* land but only have 2 4*s boosted (and ones that weren't great for this XFW & Hulkbuster)
    • Rewards were pretty lackluster.  The general format of alliance rewards being Event Token, 3* x3, 4* x3, Special LT store, is fine, but would be much better with a vaulted 4*.  Personal rewards are really weak and need large amount of ISO, HP, and CP infused to match the boosts to PvE event rewards (SCLs would be nice here as well).

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

Oh, we haven't hit the 24 hour mark yet. Essential sub nodes scale up every 24 hours. That's why it's important to get as far as you can in the first 24 hours, because it only gets harder after that. 
    it's amazing what being in a good alliance makes.  We finished in 20 hours, where last time, I was still working on group progression (to get the good rewards) long after the 24 hour mark.  Thanks for the info!
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great event! I definately like the puzzle bosses.