Upcoming Event: Spider-Man Vs. The Sinister Six

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First round Carnage was a terror. I don't mind him being hard, but I wish there was a better way to counter him. Otherwise, I found this event to be a lot of fun. Minus the initial bugs I ran into, this was a homerun. 
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Borstock said:
    First round Carnage was a terror. I don't mind him being hard, but I wish there was a better way to counter him. Otherwise, I found this event to be a lot of fun. Minus the initial bugs I ran into, this was a homerun. 
    What was kind of unfortunate was that, even in the pop up, it says,"The combination of dastardly villains you'll face changes every round".  Which wasn't really true.  Carnage was always first.  I'm not bitter though, it was still a good event.
  • Borstock
    Options
    Borstock said:
    What was kind of unfortunate was that, even in the pop up, it says,"The combination of dastardly villains you'll face changes every round".  Which wasn't really true.  Carnage was always first.  I'm not bitter though, it was still a good event.
    Carnage wasn't always first for me. He was just the only one who posed a first round immediate threat and there didn't seem to be a hugely viable way to puzzle your way around him. It was pretty much just get your nuke fast and hope he let you have a turn. It wasn't as if you could bring in Hood or Loki to steal his AP, and you couldn't stun him. 
  • BlackWidower
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Borstock said:
    Carnage wasn't always first for me. He was just the only one who posed a first round immediate threat and there didn't seem to be a hugely viable way to puzzle your way around him. It was pretty much just get your nuke fast and hope he let you have a turn. It wasn't as if you could bring in Hood or Loki to steal his AP, and you couldn't stun him. 
    oh really?  He was for me.  The order never changed at all for any of them.  Others in my alliance contacted me about that.  I believe that happened a bit later though, so it was probably a bug.  And yeah, once I learned to definitely deny him black, it was a much smoother ride.
  • Borstock
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Borstock said:
    oh really?  He was for me.  The order never changed at all for any of them.  Others in my alliance contacted me about that.  I believe that happened a bit later though, so it was probably a bug.  And yeah, once I learned to definitely deny him black, it was a much smoother ride.
    Yeah, sounds like a bug. The order changed each round for me. 
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    From what I saw the order only changed when the side nodes refreshed, so you knew what you were walking into for 3-4 fights.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Over all this was a pretty fun event. After having gone through several boss/alliance events I am quite glad the scaling didn't go completely bonkers post 24HR mark. That being said I am thankful for the devs for being lenient with the scaling, progression requirements and such. 

So anyway, if any of the devs read this, thank you.
  • BlackWidower
    Options
    From what I saw the order only changed when the side nodes refreshed, so you knew what you were walking into for 3-4 fights.
    Yeah, I can totally see that, but I have been doing the events long after we have finished (just for the iso) and the order has not changed.  Carnage and vulture are first every time. 
  • finlanderboy
    finlanderboy Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Overall my suggestion is to add more tiers in the  progression taking longer to get up with more ISO, hp, and cp.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, I can totally see that, but I have been doing the events long after we have finished (just for the iso) and the order has not changed.  Carnage and vulture are first every time. 
    You're right, it didn't change with the side nodes, it looks like the order changes when you beat the round. If you've gotten to round 8 it would stay the same.
  • kobrakais
    kobrakais Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I enjoyed the event.  Bosses were fun, yet challenging. I drew Carnage first several times and he almost single handedly wipe my team.

We also have a casual alliance and normally hit a wall at round six, so we don't get full round rewards. However, we were able to complete this event and the last one with two players awol. 

Thanks devs for accomodating the less hardcore groups! :)
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I enjoyed the event overall. me and my alliance did freak out at first when we saw Doc Ock and Venom's mechanics before we realized they were actually the easiest ones where you can just amass AP at your leisure. Carnage is still hell though
  • throughsilver
    throughsilver Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Style55 said:
    Over all this was a pretty fun event. After having gone through several boss/alliance events I am quite glad the scaling didn't go completely bonkers post 24HR mark. That being said I am thankful for the devs for being lenient with the scaling, progression requirements and such. 

So anyway, if any of the devs read this, thank you.
    Agree with this. Devs: thank you for a novel and interesting event. 

It wasn't frightfully difficult, but I liked that I had to think about most of the opponents (only really GG and Vulture could I just obliterate).

I was playing with IM40, 5trange and X Force Wolverine, and it was a lot of fun. Good not just to play with Carol/Coulson/whomever. 

This and the Thanos have been great. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please, please, please don't tune this harder.  The prior alliance event, we missed round 8 completion.  This time, we completed it.  With all the increased playtime and consideration to scale top rewards up in PVE, it was nice to see something achievable in a reasonable time.  And come on.  Every PVE gives all committed players a 15% chance at a 5*.  A 10% chance just should not be hard to do.  Especially as new characters march on.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hope they'll fix progression for the next round.

It's just sad if after the first 24 hours you've completed the entire event and then spend the next 2.5 days farming the side nodes for 500 iso each (while just throwing the boss matches because they literally award nothing anymore)

Of course, I'm willing to bet that the "fix" is to just increase point goals so you'll have to work more for the same pitiful individual rewards which just don't belong in a big boss event.
  • BlackWidower
    Options
    I really can't complain, because my alliance is awesome and we finished in 20 hours BUT...

I just heard from my a former alliance member whose alliance is STILL playing.  So in a way, because their alliance sucks and only five people contribute, they are penalized for it.   
    So is 24 hours really a reasonable amount of time for the subs to increase?  Should it be done by time rather than by level (and not drastically).  I dunno, this is just food for thought.

I am blessed to be in an awesome alliance, but I know very well what it feels like when the shoe was on the other foot.