Episode 4: Iso-8 Brotherhood Discussion

1495051525355»

Comments

• kidicarus wrote:
    Infini wrote:
    It's amazing how after playing for what felt like 20 hours in this PvE event, all I got was a single ** wolverine cover. Then for playing 2 hours in a PvP event yesterday, I get 2 black panther covers.

Pve aspect in this game really feels like work and is a bit unrewarding in comparison to PvP which I think is doing fine lately (mmr seems to work better for me last few tourneys, mostly even fights). On that note, I've never even finished close to getting rare covers in PvE, how the tinykitty do you guys do that ? I really play A LOT of pve, way too much even, how much do you have to play to get rare covers? Is there some secret I don't know ?

For me, lvl scaling meant mobs were north of lvl 200, apart from the 1st match up in the "easy" sub event. I placed in the top 5 for the 2 events and and finished top 5 in the psylocke pvp event (joined a bracket 14 hrs before tournament end). So that's roughly 3 hours to get to roughly 700ish pts in the pvp and about 6-7 hours doing the pve sub-events.

yeah so way too much time spent.

edit: That was for the last 24 hours and I'm not even going to do the math for the time spent all week on the event.

How do you get to 700 points in 3 hours, don't you run out of health packs or are you running multiple teams, I can't get to 300 in one sitting before having to quit due to lack of healthy heroes.
    I can get about 500 pts with Patch/OBW/X character.
  • How do you get to 700 points in 3 hours, don't you run out of health packs or are you running multiple teams, I can't get to 300 in one sitting before having to quit due to lack of healthy heroes.

I can usually get 500 points in 2 hours using Patch/Spidey/xxx as Spidey can heal as we go, meaning health packs are not really needed. I have a 70 Hulk/70 BWGS/65 Punisher team as a backup if I need them as well.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    This event helped me level some characters up, so that was a plus...I now have three at 100 or higher. And I finally got a green Punisher cover that was eluding me.

I'd also like additional single player content. It could be released with progression rewards as well. Defeat x number of enemies earns you x amount of ISO or HP...and it could be incremental, the last progression reward could be 8k ISO but you're going to have to put some time in to get it. Ex, beating 1000 teams.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    kidicarus wrote:
    Infini wrote:
    It's amazing how after playing for what felt like 20 hours in this PvE event, all I got was a single ** wolverine cover. Then for playing 2 hours in a PvP event yesterday, I get 2 black panther covers.

Pve aspect in this game really feels like work and is a bit unrewarding in comparison to PvP which I think is doing fine lately (mmr seems to work better for me last few tourneys, mostly even fights). On that note, I've never even finished close to getting rare covers in PvE, how the tinykitty do you guys do that ? I really play A LOT of pve, way too much even, how much do you have to play to get rare covers? Is there some secret I don't know ?

For me, lvl scaling meant mobs were north of lvl 200, apart from the 1st match up in the "easy" sub event. I placed in the top 5 for the 2 events and and finished top 5 in the psylocke pvp event (joined a bracket 14 hrs before tournament end). So that's roughly 3 hours to get to roughly 700ish pts in the pvp and about 6-7 hours doing the pve sub-events.

edit: That was for the last 24 hours and I'm not even going to do the math for the time spent all week on the event.

How do you get to 700 points in 3 hours, don't you run out of health packs or are you running multiple teams, I can't get to 300 in one sitting before having to quit due to lack of healthy heroes.

For deliberately late starting bracket, 141 Punisher, 85 OBW, 55 boosted psylocke was the team I was running most of the time - I also have a 5 blue lvl 50ish spider man I use when I really need to stun for PVE. I try to finish every round with full health basically by exploiting OBWs heal. OBW died a few times during my run and I exploited pve healing when I lost too much health (Funnily enough a lvl 69 Daken can be such a PITA).

The other thing to note is that I have deliberately tanked my MMR rating so for most of my run I was seeing 2* rosters and donor/relatively low level psylockes so it was a pretty easy run to 700. Winner in my bracket was 850 to my 2nd place in the low 700s. I basically stopped there because I started getting attacked around that point level.
  • It would be very smart of them to put up episodes like Brotherhood as additional single player content. The work is already done, they would just have to tweak the rewards and put it up. It would mean additonal player engagement once they finish the existing prologue, especially if no events are running that interest that player.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Rajjeq wrote:
    It would be very smart of them to put up episodes like Brotherhood as additional single player content. The work is already done, they would just have to tweak the rewards and put it up. It would mean additonal player engagement once they finish the existing prologue, especially if no events are running that interest that player.

Like today. I have no interest in either pvp right now.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:
    Infini wrote:

For deliberately late starting bracket, 141 Punisher, 85 OBW, 55 boosted psylocke was the team I was running most of the time - I also have a 5 blue lvl 50ish spider man I use when I really need to stun for PVE. I try to finish every round with full health basically by exploiting OBWs heal. OBW died a few times during my run and I exploited pve healing when I lost too much health (Funnily enough a lvl 69 Daken can be such a PITA).

The other thing to note is that I have deliberately tanked my MMR rating so for most of my run I was seeing 2* rosters and donor/relatively low level psylockes so it was a pretty easy run to 700. Winner in my bracket was 850 to my 2nd place in the low 700s. I basically stopped there because I started getting attacked around that point level.

I'm going to have to lvl up my spidey a little more then, I have him at 3/4/4 lvl56, haven't put any more iso on him due to the nerf bat hitting him soon.....my obw is at 4/0/1 lvl8, it's so hard to find her covers
  • I'd be so happy if they'd reduce the grind-stacks from 5 to 2 again as they did for Thick as Thieves. I didn't have to grind my nuts off during that PvE event, and it was nice. Then again I didn't have to grind mega-hard to get first and all progression rewards, but then again I got in a less-than-hardcore PvE bracket. Never did more than 3 of any mission where non-goons were present after the second day, was getting top 5 for sub-brackets and ended up with top 2 in main. Still grindy though.
  • When I stopped playing at 3 am I was #1 with 137k and a 12k lead so I assume I got first place. It was first time for me so I am excited even though I spent way more ISO than I would want. Still, I managed to bring Psylocke to the 70, Punisher to 85 with the extra red cover I was missing, give some levels to a couple more and have 15k ISO left. BP is now 2/1/2 so I will probably spend the ISO on him. Overall, a tiring, but rewarding pve event considering I spent 2-4 hours each day. I hope in the future events will be 4-6 days and that we will get a pve mode that is not a camouflaged pvp.
  • Gotta say, the devs are trying REAL HARD to nail down this PvE thing. Wether or not they nailed it is entirely up to the player.

But the concept of the week+ long event with 10+ sub events was quite novel. A dedicated player scoring 4 Event Recruit Tokens(ERTs?) at once was very engaging.

Did anyone else notice the game AI hard-targeting Psylocke in the last sub-events? I put the game down after my 2/3/2 L33 Psyke got pasted 3 fights in a row(2 with L49 Spidey in team!). Plus, wasn't shooting for the BP covers: mainly in it for progression.

Anywho, lets all look forward to ep. 5, featuring The Iron Patriot(Dark Avengers Iron Man)!
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    Gotta say, the devs are trying REAL HARD to nail down this PvE thing. Wether or not they nailed it is entirely up to the player.

But the concept of the week+ long event with 10+ sub events was quite novel. A dedicated player scoring 4 Event Recruit Tokens(ERTs?) at once was very engaging.

Did anyone else notice the game AI hard-targeting Psylocke in the last sub-events? I put the game down after my 2/3/2 L33 Psyke got pasted 3 fights in a row(2 with L49 Spidey in team!). Plus, wasn't shooting for the BP covers: mainly in it for progression.

Anywho, lets all look forward to ep. 5, featuring The Iron Patriot(Dark Avengers Iron Man)!

If you mean the AI's choice on when to use their abilities while saving up for a bigger one, it seems like the AI has a greatly increased chance to use their ability when you switch characters in the front, so it feels like they're out targetting your weakest guy because you usually have your strongest guy matching and will be switching to a weaker one.