Episode 4: Iso-8 Brotherhood Discussion

Options

Comments

• Puritas wrote:
    yeah i was waiting to see devil dino in a hood and cloak b/c he was CABAL DINO
    Dark Dino? icon_twisted.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got a yellow hood, green patch and 2 bagman's.
    Needed that yellow hood. That's a good enough result for me.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nihilium wrote:
    Imho they shouldnt tell the story in missions only.. weaker players just cant find out what going on, which makes no sense at all...

Weaker players can cruise through the missions with no problem whatsoever
    it's people past the 1 month mark that suffer ;P
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whee, finished first (I think - stopped playing in the last half hour)! And this is after missing the 1st sub event thinking that they were going to be longer than 24 hours. Looks like my masochistic capacity for painful repetition paid off heh
  • Arrgghhh.. used the heroics I got and a few sucky 2* and an xforce red (which I have maxed). 3 red xforces in last week but can't get a darn single yellow.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    nihilium wrote:
    Imho they shouldnt tell the story in missions only.. weaker players just cant find out what going on, which makes no sense at all...

Weaker players can cruise through the missions with no problem whatsoever
    it's people past the 1 month mark that suffer ;P

So true v.v
    I was able to finish top 10, but not able to play all of the story missions.. wth? o.o

*hugs her panthers*
    I have no idea what to do with them, but ... lol
  • Was there anything interesting in the last unlockable mission, story wise?

I went to sleep in the last 6 hours, screw you 5 am finishers! Got my 3 BP covers anyway, and decided that xforce was not worth of 4 hours more of killing myself over the 230 juggs and hoods and a sleepless night icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Urg, being busy totally killed the last couple of days of this tournament for me. I was hovering between 11th-30th depending on the time of day, but I was really busy on Friday and Saturday, and by Sunday I'd ended up dropping to 90th. Tried my best yesterday to get back into the top 50, but the 5am finish was ridiculous and I went to bed in 52nd place. I woke up to find I'd been knocked out of the top 75 and only ended up with Wolvie covers. At least my big early push yesterday evening in the Psylocke tournament got me a top 15 place for 2 Black Panthers, despite being shielded for the last 8 hours of the tourney.

I hope the next set of events will have finishing times based around the European players, as virtually every tournament recently has had US friendly finishing times.
  • It's amazing how after playing for what felt like 20 hours in this PvE event, all I got was a single ** wolverine cover. Then for playing 2 hours in a PvP event yesterday, I get 2 black panther covers.

Pve aspect in this game really feels like work and is a bit unrewarding in comparison to PvP which I think is doing fine lately (mmr seems to work better for me last few tourneys, mostly even fights). On that note, I've never even finished close to getting rare covers in PvE, how the tinykitty do you guys do that ? I really play A LOT of pve, way too much even, how much do you have to play to get rare covers? Is there some secret I don't know ?
  • Kinda liked this event. Finished in Top 50 only though, since I preferred socializing on saturday and couldn't really catch up with missing a whole day. Finished top 45 in the PVE event, so I got my yellow BP as well and he's sitting at 1/1/1 now.

Still I feel pretty much fatigued from those 2 long PVE events, really do hope the next ones are a little shorter. Also I'm still a little bitter about the time shift in the middle of the event.
  • Infini wrote:
    It's amazing how after playing for what felt like 20 hours in this PvE event, all I got was a single ** wolverine cover. Then for playing 2 hours in a PvP event yesterday, I get 2 black panther covers.

Pve aspect in this game really feels like work and is a bit unrewarding in comparison to PvP which I think is doing fine lately (mmr seems to work better for me last few tourneys, mostly even fights). On that note, I've never even finished close to getting rare covers in PvE, how the tinykitty do you guys do that ? I really play A LOT of pve, way too much even, how much do you have to play to get rare covers? Is there some secret I don't know ?

Remember, you likely gained 1-2 punishr covers as progress rewards among other things from the pve. Though, I will say the pve used to be much more rewarding before they started the stupid "level scaling" stuff. It was one match in a group being lvl 230 instead of almost every match.

This is actually only the second pve I didn't get the first tier reward in. The other being the first pve event I ever participated in. I just coukdnt bring myself to."play" this pve event. I skipped the first sub or two. By day 4 I was only doing half a reset. The last 2 days I didn't even do that much. On Sunday I only played a total of about 6 matches, total. Only played the 1000 in ny, psylocke one a few times in Saudi Arabia. I got top 10, so I was happy, but I feel until the pve goes back to not being scaled, or scaled so.harshly, I just don't feel the benefits of going for all the rewards are worth it. Before, getting the 500 iso from a node was more doing it than "how easily can I do it.". I will admit, I used way mire boosts than I needed too...just to get the darn missions over with using less brainpower lol...so my net iso on the event was probably rather poor. Used to cone out of pve with 10-20k iso pretty easily. It's almost Luke they took 8k from the nodes and moved it into a progress reward lol...that is how it feels.
  • Infini wrote:
    It's amazing how after playing for what felt like 20 hours in this PvE event, all I got was a single ** wolverine cover. Then for playing 2 hours in a PvP event yesterday, I get 2 black panther covers.

I've always seen these PvE events as an alternative source of ISO. The cover rewards at the end are just bonuses.

A single clear of each node and a couple of repeats of the higher point nodes towards the end of each sub bracket is enough for top 10 for me.
  • I managed top 10 overall, though it was close at the end - the trouble is #11 was right behind #10 towards the end, and it started a game of musical chairs in our bracket as nobody wanted to end up in eleventh place. I ended up #9 (I think), but had people wiped out, was out of health tokens, out of winnable battles, and had two people within 200 points of me. We were all around 131k at that point just trying to avoid dropping out of the top 10.

Very stressful at the end, but it turned out ok. Unfortunately, it also resulted in me finishing #16 in the Psylocke tournament, 3 points behind #15. Can't complain too much; got 4 Black Panther covers and an insane amount of ISO out of everything last night.

This really makes me long for a true single player campaign, though. I would love to have something where my placement only depends on how I do, not what bracket I'm in, and not how everyone else does. In some ways, playing the prologue was the golden age of this game for me, because I could take it at my own pace.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    This really makes me long for a true single player campaign, though. I would love to have something where my placement only depends on how I do, not what bracket I'm in, and not how everyone else does. In some ways, playing the prologue was the golden age of this game for me, because I could take it at my own pace.

Completely agree. I would quite happily pay money to have all the previous PvE events as standalone events alongside the prologue, like an expansion pack. If D3 want this to still be a casual game, they have to add stuff like that in eventually IMO.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Infini wrote:

For me, lvl scaling meant mobs were north of lvl 200, apart from the 1st match up in the "easy" sub event. I placed in the top 5 for the 2 events and and finished top 5 in the psylocke pvp event (joined a bracket 14 hrs before tournament end). So that's roughly 3 hours to get to roughly 700ish pts in the pvp and about 6-7 hours doing the pve sub-events.

yeah so way too much time spent.

edit: That was for the last 24 hours and I'm not even going to do the math for the time spent all week on the event.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've gotta agree with the rest of you about these past few PvE events. I enjoy the game but I will have a hard time continuing to play if EVERYTHING I face is going to be level 230. I remember the Hulk event had a nice mix of levels and back then I had no chance of touching anything over level 100 so I picked through what I felt was worth my effort and still had fun. Now with everything being 230 the only mission that was even remotely laid back were the ones with only goons where I could used Spidey + OBW to completely lock them down by stealing all the blue tiles they made. Otherwise the Dark Avengers fights, the Hood + anyone, and that ever so fun 230 Juggernaut were way too stressful and time consuming to want to see them more then once or twice per map.
  • The bracket I was in the top 10 finished all above 145k. Very competitive bracket. I finished #2 at around 160k. Was hard fight to get #2 in brotherhood and manage top 5 in Fresh Cut.

This event started out with 230x3 for me, but I found that tanking my roster a couple did help get them down to reasonable levels. Actually felt good geting a positive ISO exchange since I didn't have to use boosts as much unlike Simulator and Heroic Oscorp.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Completely agree. I would quite happily pay money to have all the previous PvE events as standalone events alongside the prologue, like an expansion pack. If D3 want this to still be a casual game, they have to add stuff like that in eventually IMO.

+1

Hope @IceX takes note of this and send the message to his colleagues
  • I enjoyed this event. I know im not gonna get top 75 due to the 5am finishes but it really helps me out with ISO to level my characters. My enemies scaled up much better for me this time as it was a lot slower than previous events. Keep up the good work devs.

Sooooo..... whens the next pve event start, i need more iso. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • kidicarus wrote:
    Infini wrote:

For me, lvl scaling meant mobs were north of lvl 200, apart from the 1st match up in the "easy" sub event. I placed in the top 5 for the 2 events and and finished top 5 in the psylocke pvp event (joined a bracket 14 hrs before tournament end). So that's roughly 3 hours to get to roughly 700ish pts in the pvp and about 6-7 hours doing the pve sub-events.

yeah so way too much time spent.

edit: That was for the last 24 hours and I'm not even going to do the math for the time spent all week on the event.

How do you get to 700 points in 3 hours, don't you run out of health packs or are you running multiple teams, I can't get to 300 in one sitting before having to quit due to lack of healthy heroes.